PDA

View Full Version : goggle fans

Sandman_Bravo
06-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, so I used search and found no info on goggle fans. We played today and it was rainy in the AM but cleared up some later. The humidity was high, and I was really humpin' it through the woods and bunkers. My Profiler with thermal lens still fogged up (it was like a rainforest inside 'em) real bad. Has any one used these fans? Do they help? Which ones are quietest? Are they universal fit or just for that brand of goggles? I really apprerciate any help/info.:D

Hossy
06-10-2006, 05:39 PM
i used to have one on my mask, it wasnt all that quiet, but it served its purpose during those long games when your right in the sun

this one wasnt all that nice, In my experience they work, but i havent used one in awhile so i couldnt tell you which one to get sorry

Frat
06-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I believe that they are made specifically for each brand of goggles. I am using a proto switch FS mask and it came with a fan. I have not had mine fog but have played with the fan. at any distance beyond 2-3 inches it cant be heard but on your head it makes noise and to me is distracting.

Hossy
06-10-2006, 05:49 PM
correction to my post, thats what i ment by not being quiet, it isnt that loud to everyone, just to you

SPYDER_ONLY
06-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I had one several years ago and it worked really well, Im not much help other than that thou as I dont remember the brand or anything, I got it off eBay, I do know that and like the one above it was fairly loud to me but not to others. It wasnt that good when trying to hide in the woods thou because you couldnt hear if anyone was coming and the switch was hard to get to to turn it on and off.

DRAGON
06-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I have used one on my JT's for the past 15 years. One of the best investments I ever made in paintball equipment. My replacement lenses cost me about $7 when they need to be changed. No need for thermals. depending on which way you put the batteries you can have it blowing in or out. I keep mine blowing in. I can fog the lenses up with my breath, put them on, turn the fan on and they're cleared within 10-15 seconds -

Ace24
06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
It fogged up with a Profiler?! Wow... thats the reason most people buy them, the baked on thermal spherical lense rofl. Thats why I got a Morph, the lense.

Sandman_Bravo
06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah well, I guess when the conditions are right any lens will fog up.

DRAGON
06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
.........I guess when the conditions are right any lens will fog up.

With the fan it won't. I have yet to meet a condition that the fan did not work. I was once even scuba diving and........ - :D

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 07:18 PM
im the only one who can hear it... its not like itll make you a bad "sniper" :dodgy: . ive learned that where you think people can see or hear, the may not actually be able to.

Ace24
06-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Do they even sell fans for Vforce masks?

bamf-hacker
06-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Do they even sell fans for Vforce masks?

Not that I have ever seen. Someone PLEASE prove me wrong, cause I want one too.

I guess you could mod a JT fan to fit, but who knows.

HacKeR

Ace24
06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Could you mod a JT fan?

druid
06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
sandman.....I have the directions on how to use a computer fan. PM me your email addy and I'll forward it to you

Ace24
06-14-2006, 12:36 PM
How the hell do you use a computer fan? Wouldnt that be incredibly loud?

ooglieboogliebob
06-14-2006, 12:57 PM
no .... not any louder than the JT fans ... IMO the JT fans are annoying make the highpitch errr sound where pc fans just ... spin

Ace24
06-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Whoa, so I could take the fan out of a old ****ty computer and use it?!?!?! *orgasm*

druid
06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I had to resize it because the pic was too big for imageshack so......

Matierials list is:
*40mmx40mmx10mm 12V DC computer fan
*2 position Toggle switch
*9V Battery connector
*Shrink Tube (shown as lime green on diagram)
*Soldering Iron, Acid core solder
*Duct tape

You can tell how the wiring goes by looking at the diagram. Fan should blow DOWN AND INTO the goggle through the top vent. The top venting has plastic shrouding that may need to be removed so the fan case will fit. Use an X-Acto knife to make the notch for the fan box to fit in. Run the switch to an easily accessable area and duct tape the battery to the cheekplate.
Toggle switch has 3 connectors...right, center and left. Connect red fan wire and 9V red wire together and solder to left. Cover with shrink tube. Black fan wire to right connection. Solder and shrink tube it. Black 9V wire to center position. Solder and shrink tube it. Run wires around mask.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3059/gogglefanmedium4ze.png (http://imageshack.us)

Ace24
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I cant even read what that says...

druid
06-14-2006, 01:51 PM
:dodgy: you don't have to....read what I typed above it...it's basicly the same thing

Ace24
06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
See, this is when I feel really stupid for not reading and jumping to the picture.. stupid ADD