PDA

View Full Version : having bolt jams on my spyder fenix

bbopjones
06-10-2006, 12:40 PM
first off my marker set up i have a spyder fenix with a 16 in. 2-p all american smart parts barrel with tear drop effect
riffling:) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D , a halo tsa led backman hopper, and 20 ounce co2.
its real sweet and it out performed my expectations completly... except when thiss happens....

so ive had this problem pretty much for a year after i got this gun really, and it usually happens when i use auto or start to shoot very fast, what will happen is all of a sudden the bolt will start to fly forward and then all of a sudden stop right in the middle, (or it might be on the way back from hitting the pin that realeases the co2 to blow it backwards) but either way it just jams up, so i have to manually recock it all the way back but then when i fire it just happens again. i was doing test fires and i noticed that it usually got very cold on the expansion chamber, and if i waited about 10-20 secs it would work fine, (then jam again after a while)

this gun is awsome i love it so much because it always performs great, and i get pissed because this happens right in a intense moment.
like when i am about to jump out from behind 5 guys and ive got the gun on auto, and i get 2 out go for the third and the thing jams. which pretty much means im outbecause i dont have the 10-20 secs to get it going again, ive lubben up the striker oring and all #09 orings on the bolt, changed the expansion chamber and this still happens, and now im wondering if i should find a way to get compressed air (if anyone has help on how i can get this plz tell me as right now ive been told all i can do is buy a scooba tank then but a fill station for it because theres no place around here that will fill it directly) s o plz help me if you know how to fix this because im gettin real sad how i spent so much money and this starts to happen

killerpinecone
06-11-2006, 02:08 PM
umm, try a acs bolt

druid
06-11-2006, 02:50 PM
um...take it out of full auto

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Your probably freezing the gun by outshooting your co2 tank, use it on semi instead, anti-siphon your tank, or get an n2 tank. I supose an expansion chamber might work too.