PDA

View Full Version : I Can Aim!!!

SupermanDan
06-09-2006, 02:30 PM
if you're sick of trying to aim with the stock on the mr1, and you don't care too much about resale value, then here's what you can do: chop the top off the stock, to turn it into a dogleg. it works great. now i just have to figure out what to do about that cocking knob...

Frat
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Ummmm to look like this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/lhofeld/MR1002.jpg

NextoN
06-10-2006, 06:12 AM
I've seen it before and it's gonna break my friend?

Frat
06-10-2006, 08:30 AM
I can tell you it is not gonna break. If it were it would have already. I have tried to intentionally break it and it did not. The stock is not just plastic. It appears to be a fiber filled resin judging by how it reacted to me working on it. I am an aviation structures mechanic and am used to and certified to work on composite structures.

TenderVittles
06-10-2006, 08:40 AM
I did this with my MR2. It works great because now you can actually aim. You have nothing to worry about, it is not going to break, this stock is very strong.

SharpObjects
06-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Shouldn't you be able to aim even if it wasn't a dogleg?

NextoN
06-11-2006, 07:54 AM
How do you do it? What tools do you use? I have a major aim problem with my MR2..

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Hmmm probably a hacksaw would cut it the cleanest.

SupermanDan
06-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I can tell you it is not gonna break. If it were it would have already. I have tried to intentionally break it and it did not. The stock is not just plastic. It appears to be a fiber filled resin judging by how it reacted to me working on it. I am an aviation structures mechanic and am used to and certified to work on composite structures.

reeeeeally... a fiber-filled resin, you say? looked like black PVC to me, mostly because it had the same smell when i cut it, and when it melted to my hacksaw. but then again, i don't know much aboot plastics and resins.

Frat
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I used a sharpie to mark the line I wanted and then used a jig saw to cut it. I dressed it out with a file because it melted when I tried to use a sander on it. It's plastic but more than just plastic. Regular PVC would break. This appears to have glass or some other additative that has sparkle to it. I looked at a cross section of it after I had cut it to see if I had screwed up or not. It's a good mod to do and it works as great as it looks. I get allot of comments on it.

AW0L
06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
How long did that take you? I thought originally I would just do some sanding to allow for mask clearance but taking out the top bar would probably be easier.

bamf-hacker
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Ummmm to look like this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/lhofeld/MR1002.jpg

Whats up with the extra finger guard under the trigger guard?

are you worried about those fingers getting whacked? Just wondering... It looks cool, just not sure if you added it for function.

HacKeR

Frat
06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Whats up with the extra finger guard under the trigger guard?

That is an e-frame from a non ACS pilot. I did not really care for it so, I kept the frame off my Pilot ACS and sold the pictured frame. No difference in function, just did not care for the extra guard.

staindfan09
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
cooooollll i've been tryin to think of somethin to do with that stock. im gonna try to do it within the next few days. THX a lot

staindfan09
06-29-2006, 06:07 PM
just did this mod today and it works great. THX to everyone who posted

Mafia_Boss
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
here you go ==> http://www.jetcityspecialties.com/Spyder.htm
I havn't got it yet but I'll probably get the VooDoo