PDA

View Full Version : Ions beware...

Opteron-O3
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
^ lmfao at the title... lol!

I made some videos of my LP Esprit... Ions beware!

Video 1 (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/f9c34527-4a09-4cc6-918d-c1a78a1ab906.htm)
Video 2 (http://media.putfile.com/LP-Spyder)

hope you guys like it, i only had less than 500psi left soooo i couldnt fire that much...

Spyder Esprit - 200psi @ 265fps <--(not official since i didn't have a full tank)
NDZ Valve, Trinity 15*, dragun reg, odyssey 12" barrel, shocktech 4" lpc, acp derlin bolt, modded striker.

I won't be able to rip until I get some air and paint, but not until i get back from vacation!

Skidds
06-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Thats cool when you convert your spyder to LP. My E-99 is set to 300psi and 275 fps. Has Tboard and eyes with ramping chip.... so ramping over 30bps is easy. Many other parts too.

bigred76
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I need to see that marker in a video with you showing the gauge before you air it up, and then of you airing it up and shooting like that. Until then, shens. :)

druid
06-08-2006, 11:52 PM
that's good. My Esprit was 200 psi @ 279 fps with Rocket valve & maddman springs, Trinity VA, superfly bolt, Nightstriker XL, J&J

It's starving for air and I can think of 2 reasons...
1. You're operating it on a low tank (I know...duh...lol)
2. You're running it juuuuuust above a recocking failure psi level.

I noticed your velocity adjuster is all the way in...increase input psi to help move it back out to the middle where it belongs.

edit.......and my Ion is 290 fps at 140 psi

Opteron-O3
06-09-2006, 04:48 AM
close enough... im still not done upgrading so... I wonder if could go any lower... Idk, but until next week I'll make one with paint!

claustrophobia9
06-09-2006, 05:12 AM
you need to chrono it, even though it may recock that doesnt mean it is going to run at that pressure. druid is right, its about balance. you currently are probibly balanced at like 120fps. its no big cookie. my amg hits 72fps and will still recock.... thats maybe an inlet of 50psi. but it is severly impractical to do that. so what if you get more shots to tank or balls dont break, they arent going anywhere. do a vid with paint so we can help you out.

shunut
06-09-2006, 05:27 AM
I personally would like to see the Spyder that ramps over 30 bps. I didn't think they could cycle that fast.

druid
06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Opter...from personal experience...

at some point there's a trade-off. Getting the lowest psi isn't always going to be more efficient. I was lucky...you seem to be too. I'd say up your inlet pressure about 50/75 psi, back your vel adj out to half-way and chrono as close to 280 as possible.

thechubbss12
06-09-2006, 05:50 AM
Shutnut spyders can theoreticly cycle faster (44cps) then any EP marker... (Someone correct me if im wronge) but the only limiting factor in why it can shoot that fast is becasue of the sear and how it can only be pulled down to release the striker 20 bps tops....

Pretty nice spyder... i was able to recock at 200 psi but i was only shooting at like 150fps...

-15* look kinda diffrent but isnt a bad look.

Frat
06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
My Zip kit will run 30cps but I have not really shot it because I can not get it chrono'd low enough to use. When I get back to tinkering with it I am hoping it will shoot that fast.

Chris Cole
06-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Be careful not to run the pressure too low. It's still a blowbak, and the last thing you want to have happen is your hopper run dry and your gun un-cock mid game. Also, in my experience, pressures that low equal terrible efficiency. I tune all of my markers for mileage, not pressure. My E-99 which has all sorts of ups, still runs at 600psi or so because that's where I get the best efficiency. My Imp which has everything except for the valve upgrade runs at 200psi because I can get a Halo and at least 9 pods off a 4500 fill.

Your goal is efficiency and consistency, not the lowest pressure possible. The low pressure is a side effect of the upgrades.

Skidds
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
My E-99 runs at 300PSI and 275 fps adjustable.... I get over a 1000 shots from a 47/3000 tank. Im using a Bob Long Torpedo regulator so that makes a world of difference for the efficiency. With the TBoard and ramping chip, im using an AKA lightning bolt and a titanium striker, I can ramp over 30bps, I had it at 33bps just messing around with it. When I play at the field I go straight semi, cuz everyone else does, ramping is no fun when you play new players and intermediates.... so semi is more challenging for me. All the stories about the sear and solonoid are not true. A Spyder can go that fast, but speed isnt the deciding factor in skill, you are ;)

bigred76
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Again, shens. I was getting mebbe 750 shots from a 48/3k, and that was stretching it beyond belief. Even a MacDev Cyborg couldn't do 1,000 shots from a 48/3k...almost, but not quite. Listen to Chris and Druid, they will teach you well. :)

bamf-hacker
06-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Again, shens. I was getting mebbe 750 shots from a 48/3k, and that was stretching it beyond belief. Even a MacDev Cyborg couldn't do 1,000 shots from a 48/3k...almost, but not quite. Listen to Chris and Druid, they will teach you well. :)

:yeahthat:

I get 1050 shots off of a 45/45 on my very upped Ion running at 130psi.

HacKeR

Skidds
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I dont need to be taught by anyone, im not exagerating..... if your marker is efficient you can get 1000 shots out of a small tank if your running 300psi or less, try it and you will see. I have converted about 5 Spyders to LP and they all get double on the small tanks.

bigred76
06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
You are exaggerating IMO until you post a video of you popping off that many shots with a shot counter. Until then, shennigans. In case you didn't know, a MacDev 2006 CyBorg is the most efficient and fastest stock marker out there I can think of, getting about 2000 shots at a TRUE 35bps shots from a 68/45. I seriously doubt that you have any idea about how your marker's efficiency is compared to THAT.

BTW, I didn't know Halo TSA's did 33bps... LOL.

Opteron-O3
06-09-2006, 02:06 PM
you need to chrono it, even though it may recock that doesnt mean it is going to run at that pressure. druid is right, its about balance. you currently are probibly balanced at like 120fps. its no big cookie. my amg hits 72fps and will still recock.... thats maybe an inlet of 50psi. but it is severly impractical to do that. so what if you get more shots to tank or balls dont break, they arent going anywhere. do a vid with paint so we can help you out.

to answer this, i did shoot it with paint, i didn't take a vid at first because i was wondering if it would shoot first, so i chronod it at 265fps... otherwise i wouldn't be saying so... I'll be making a vid next week, properly tuned, air and paint.

Opter...from personal experience...

at some point there's a trade-off. Getting the lowest psi isn't always going to be more efficient. I was lucky...you seem to be too. I'd say up your inlet pressure about 50/75 psi, back your vel adj out to half-way and chrono as close to 280 as possible.

for some strange reason, im getting excellent efficiency, i've heard the same about low pressures and bad efficiency... i'll make proper calculations when i get more air, i'll probably make a vid of it.

My E-99 runs at 300PSI and 275 fps adjustable.... I get over a 1000 shots from a 47/3000 tank. Im using a Bob Long Torpedo regulator so that makes a world of difference for the efficiency. With the TBoard and ramping chip, im using an AKA lightning bolt and a titanium striker, I can ramp over 30bps, I had it at 33bps just messing around with it. When I play at the field I go straight semi, cuz everyone else does, ramping is no fun when you play new players and intermediates.... so semi is more challenging for me. All the stories about the sear and solonoid are not true. A Spyder can go that fast, but speed isnt the deciding factor in skill, you are ;)

Although it may be true... it's hard to believe. I can max out my 70/3000 at 1300 on a good day...

I will make videos of my gun and make you believe that my gun can do it. I'm going to be gone on a business trip... it seems it wont be a vacation anymore :( and i wont be gone 2 weeks, i should be back by the 20th.

Hob Hayward
06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry but I can't beleive you till I see vids, after also seeing the "poorman's barrel" in your sig which you claim makes the gun quieter, and more accurate :S

Skidds
06-10-2006, 12:04 AM
You are exaggerating IMO until you post a video of you popping off that many shots with a shot counter. Until then, shennigans. In case you didn't know, a MacDev 2006 CyBorg is the most efficient and fastest stock marker out there I can think of, getting about 2000 shots at a TRUE 35bps shots from a 68/45. I seriously doubt that you have any idea about how your marker's efficiency is compared to THAT.

BTW, I didn't know Halo TSA's did 33bps... LOL.
Well you said stock, my marker isnt stock, not even close to stock. And I do get 1000 shots out of a 47/3000 tank. And what does 35bps have to do with efficiency? And I DO have a shot counter on my loader which holds 225 balls. I can get 4 loaders full with one tank so thats 1000 shots. I DO know what im talking about, I might have only been playing 4 years and only built 5 LP marks so far but I have nothing to gain by making up anything. If you dont believe me then I dont care, I know what I get out of a rental tank 47/3000, im not mad or anything like that. Really if you dont believe me thenbuild a LP spyder and you will see. :)

druid
06-10-2006, 02:31 AM
[/flamefest]

when he gets his vids up, then we'll all see. Give it a rest, this isn't Nation.

timbertiger20
06-10-2006, 08:22 PM
:yeahthat:

I get 1050 shots off of a 45/45 on my very upped Ion running at 130psi.

HacKeR

Well yeah but consider you have 33% more air than he does.......actually would be a bit over 33% air since the bottom 500 psi or so is not real adequate.........good luck getting your marker as efficient as my 06 Borg......by the way those numbers are from a stock Borg......seems the militia is whittling a way at the brass and putting in composite plastics! Our efficiency numbers are jumping and so is our cycle speed! The fastest Spyder i've seen.......and I've never seen one remotely close to that speed is EagleLox..........and I don't believe it was over 25 BPS......Unfortunately most people way over exagerate their BPS speed!

Also quick math 68/4500 = 2000 shots
47/3000 = 941
45/4500 = 1323
92/4500 = 2705

Those numbers represent a factory 06 Borg.
I got 2500 off of my 88/4500 in a scenario.

Opteron-O3
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
You'll get your video.

Opteron-O3
06-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry but I can't beleive you till I see vids, after also seeing the "poorman's barrel" in your sig which you claim makes the gun quieter, and more accurate :S

I really hate people like you...

bigred76
06-12-2006, 12:09 AM
I won't argue my point any further because it has already been made and I ask others to do the same. This isn't PBNation: let's not flame incessantly. :)

About the barrel idea in your sig... sounds interesting, I might have to try it myself! Never know guys, it might actually work!