PDA

View Full Version : low velosity and white smoke?

badassser
06-08-2006, 07:13 PM
:confused: My pilot acs is completely stock except for a 16" barrel one of my friends gave me. today i shot it on a crono and with the valve on the back turned as tight as it will go all i can get is 205 fps and the blowback up the feedneck is rediculus, in fact when my hopper got down to the last ball there was enough blow back to bust the ball against the top of my hopper? and the barrel is shooting out almost pure liquid co2. any help would be great cuz i realy wana play this weekend but i have no idea what to do.

vikingshadow
06-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Well, there are several things that could be the problem here. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to fix it.

For the velocity problem, I noticed on my Spyder that there was a "sweet spot" on the velocity adjuster - turn it too far and the speed lowers. Try to turn the velocity adjuster the other way a bit and see what happens. The BEST thing to do though for that is change the springs out. Buy a spring kit for a few bucks and try different ones until you get what you want.

The blowback is bad in spyders as in any blowback gun, but I never heard of it being that bad. There are a couple things you can do to stop a bit of that though. You can drill some holes in the feedneck so the air goes out instead of up for the first part (or buy a feedneck with those already done for you.) Get a motorized loader that puts pressure on the feedstack - Halo's, Reloaders, Zeggys are good for that, but you'll still have the issue with the last ball being blown up. You can get a regulator on your gun that will allow you to turn down (or up) the amount of air that gets into your gun, and it'll be more consistant without spikes. Finally, you can get a different bolt.

Get Nitro (compressed air/CA or high pressure air/HPA) will stop the liquid Co2 from getting in your gun - duh! LOL! But, in lieu of that, get your tank anti-syphoned. It will help with that by keeping the liquid out. From what I've seen with people having this problem, I bet you spend a lot of time with your gun pointing down, maybe just firing? If so, try hard to keep from pointing your gun barrel down to the ground. The liquid will flow into the gun in that position. Then back to the regulator - you can get a regulator, or even an expansion chamber that will help with this problem somewhat.

What upgrades do you have on your gun already?

druid
06-09-2006, 06:50 AM
blow-back up the barrel means the bolt o-rings are:
1. non-existant
2. need oil
3. need replacement
4. doesn't fit the breech properly

replace them or the bolt or drill holes in the (stock) feedneck to eleviate the pressure from going into the hopper

badassser
06-09-2006, 04:44 PM
it is stock except for the barrel and a homemade rear cocking bolt. i am thinking about going lp cuz i have a lil movey but im a lil hazy on it still. i have read every post i can get my hands on about it . also i noticed today that i even have pressure and occasionaly white smoke coming form the pins in the side of the body of my gun? wtf does that meen