PDA

View Full Version : Phantom, updated pics.

Hob Hayward
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Same as before, but now I have a green "In yo face" stock (20$ because no one wanted green..) And an NCstar 30mm red dot sight, its pretty darn nice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/hobhayward/50827006.jpg
No flash
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/hobhayward/76a817c7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/hobhayward/83a4aaf6.jpg

And a bad pic of looking down the sight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/hobhayward/654edf19.jpg

[edit] I got the red dot because I play woodsball, more for fun really... I know the people here are biased to "PB sniper" idea, but thats not really what I'm going for...

I've only played once so far because its been raining constantly here all the time, But I'm lovin it, the thing is so freakin accurate with the xball silver I've been using. Havn't tried the sight out yet in game, I just got it today after the guy sent a me the wrong one by accident. The thing is solid alumium and 100% waterproof so I think it'll do nicely for PB. I have calibrated it though, its practically direct on for the horizontal plane.

QAZ123
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Look's good. Only other thing I would do is put that stock in a vice, heat it up a bit and bend it down a little so your eball's will be looking right over top the horizontal feed without having to tilt your head down too much.

Just a thought.

Look's good though.

JB.

Hob Hayward
06-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I've got a propane torch, is that hot enough to bend aluminium more easily, and would it not damage the anno?

vikingshadow
06-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Looks good! Not a fan of the red dot, but that's just me. Glad you like it though.

How you enjoying it? Mine is getting more fun the more I play with it. Took some getting used to, though. Got to use the 3.5 tank last weekend - sure did feel a little different. Kind of liked it, actually.

claustrophobia9
06-08-2006, 07:22 PM
i love how the stock goes straight back, usually ill see one that angles down and it bothers me so much. i like phantoms, if i didnt currently rely on high rates of fire to get my hits from the 10 (you know, the bunker walking distance from the flag station :dodgy:)then i might get one

thechubbss12
06-09-2006, 07:09 AM
I think everyone wants a phantom at one time or another... awesome buy buddy.

druid
06-09-2006, 09:42 AM
overall it's nice...but that red dot :dodgy: it's like sticking the Hubble on a .22 :D

bigred76
06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
This is coming from the guy with the Hindenberg? :dodgy:

Nice gun Hob. One question, though... Can I borrow it? Please? :crazy:

Recon by Fire
06-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Nice green Phantom! Nothing wrong with the red dot, not a sniper scope anyway, just aides in snap shooting.

ricochet08
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
this only makes me want a phantom more and more :(

thats fire though :D

marvin-martian
06-09-2006, 09:38 PM
i never understood the sights...

QAZ123
06-10-2006, 07:04 PM
The sight's work but it's a preferance call. I like having a ghost ring on phantom's anymore as it just help's putting a ball right where it need's to be.

I swear though phantom's you just point the barrel in the general direction of your opponent and the ball magically hit's them everytime.

If I could just train my sniper 2 to do that....

JB.

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Ha, that reminds me of when I played, I managed to double feed somehow but I popped up and nailed my friend in the mask with both balls...

vikingshadow
06-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I've been double feeding a lot lately. I think it's because the paint I'm using (Nightmare) is too dang small - even the detent rings don't work with it. I put some through my smallest freak insert (.679) and it still rolls though. Plus efficiency and fps is all over the place because of it.

On the plus side, the two balls are VERY accurate - usually within 4-5 inches of each other. Isn't that weird?

Hint - don't get Nightmare paint for your Phantom!

Hossy
06-11-2006, 09:34 AM
nice hardwood floors

now i want one of these soo bad

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I've been double feeding a lot lately. I think it's because the paint I'm using (Nightmare) is too dang small - even the detent rings don't work with it. I put some through my smallest freak insert (.679) and it still rolls though. Plus efficiency and fps is all over the place because of it.

Don't get heat either, I bought a case to check it out, and its sooo small, the silver detent ring is too large for it :S... Its also too big for my teardrop just rolls through, and accuracy sucks with it. Xball ftw, its the perfect match in both my phantom and my teardrop, damn good paint.

vikingshadow
06-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I agree with the Xball stuff - I've only used Bronze but I love it - but if I remember right, it was dinky tiny as well.

Unfortunately, the only paint my field sells is Nightmare and Heat...I used to get Nelson through the team sponsorship which fit perfectly in the Phantom barrel and was really good stuff - but no more team means no more paint. :(