PDA

View Full Version : Which feedneck?

emf7301
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I am looking to get a new feedneck but am stuck between the ccm allen wrench-tightened one and the new designz latch one. I am leaning towards the ccm cuz it is a bit lower and smaller and it costs less but i'm still considering the NDZ. Let me know your opinons.

Slammed0
06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
I have a Halo B hopper and the NDZ works great for it. However, I tried it with the Eggy and other hoppers and I was dissapointed. It just didn't latch down tight enough on them for some reason. Just a little FYI.

Spinal
06-08-2006, 03:09 PM
^ some electrical tape will fix that problem.

Sandman_Bravo
06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
I like the quick release because it requires no tools.

DisIsMyUsername
06-08-2006, 08:39 PM
true that. The latch is handy cause it clips off easily, but think about it..it can easily unlatch on the field. Don't they say that when your hopper is on for the game, it should never come off til your done?

it also depends on the hopper u're gonna use. i have the same ccm one u're talking about and i'm gonna show you a pic here just so u can see it.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Ricky287/IMG_2252.jpg

hope i helped.

DRAGON
06-08-2006, 08:49 PM
CCM or ND necks are nice. The ND neck straps are adjustable so when adjusted correctly, it should not have any probs holding on to any hopper neck. A simple way to make the hopper neck hold better is to take some rough 80 grit sandpaper and scuff the surface up -

DisIsMyUsername
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Yea I plan on doin that to my reloader. It does slip out after awhile.

emf7301
06-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I decided to go with the NDZ cause i liked the look of it better and i don't want to have to get out my allen wrench everytime i want to take my hopper off. And if i don't like it, I can always exchange it for the ccm.

DisIsMyUsername
06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
That's cool..I wanted that one, but it was tooo much for what it does. I got my ccm for 21 bucks off of ebay. My decision was mostly based on price cause in the end, they all do the same crap. If the ndz and the ccm were equally priced, i woulda gotten the ndz. How much did u pay for it?

emf7301
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
I got it off of www.sundragonpps.com
They were priced the same as av (39) but shipping was less plus they shipped pretty quick last time ordered from them. I'm working a summer job so i spend some and save the rest cuz i have to pay for most of the things i buy for myself and it needs to last a while too. Also, i bought all of my lp stuff used and saved like 35-40 dollars, so i don't mind putting that into a nice new feedneck.

MNBaller
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
HedLoc for sure

vikingshadow
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
true that. The latch is handy cause it clips off easily, but think about it..it can easily unlatch on the field.

Don't know about other people, but I've had a Smart Parts Q lock for quite awhile - about a year, I guess. It uses the latch/cam thing like you're talking about and it has NEVER even come close to coming unlatched. It stays tight all the time. I really like it because it doesn't require jack to take the hopper off and put it back on. It's not like it's really loose though, it does stay pretty tight.

If you're interested in cam locks, you might check out the Redz Camlock feed necks. Not too expensive and they look really good as well. I'm pretty sure they have a spyder one.

Sandman_Bravo
06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
If you buy a camlock and don't like it couldn't you just replace the cam/bolt with an allen type bolt & nut? You could even use a locking nylon nut so it wouldn't loosen up.
:shrug:

tampaimpact16
06-13-2006, 06:50 AM
i was wondering.... I was reading someones post, and someone said to drill holes in the feedneck to reduce pressure up the hopper, i was wondering if having holes in the feedneck is ever a bad thing?

ShadowX
06-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Maybe in VERY heavy rain, But It would have rain REALLY REALLY hard before it did that..