PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vacation spots

vikingshadow
06-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok, I've decided that now that my girls are old enough to handle LONG road trips, it's time to start family vacations. However, it's kinda hard to decide...

I'm thinking of a trip for NEXT YEAR, not this year. So, what are some of you guy's favorite vacation spots? Money isn't an issue because I've found that you can usually find a really good deal if you search hard enough.

I haven't decided if we should do a city trip (like to New York City) or a beach - although I believe a beach would be nice to relax on! However, if you list a beach, please make sure there are other things of interest in the area (theme parks, aquariums, museums, tours, etc...)

I saw a show on PBS tonight called Shore Things, which was about beach destinations - really liked the part about Nantucket and Cape Cod. I'm thinking that's gonna be on the list. Of course, they had the normal Hawaii and California type places....I'm looking more for atypical destinations.

Post away, fellows!

timmyshoota
06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I like going to Disney World. I might venture over there this year during World Cup. I don't care how old I get, I will always enjoy Disney.

QAZ123
06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
I like Myrtle Beach, SC. It's pretty family oriented. It has an amusement park, Aquarium and all kind's of shop's. The nightlife is decent.

I stayed at a resort called www.compasscove.com and it was pretty nice and the price for oceanfront room's wasn't that bad. They also have there own beach, a ton of lazy river's, a ton of hottub's and tiki bar, restaurant and snack shop on site. I'd like to go back soon but not this year.

I'm looking for somewhere to go within 4-6 hour's of Louisville, KY that is kind of like a resort ya know with everything in the general area. Like a lake with a beach etc. etc. just not sure where yet. Anybody know anywhere like that let me know.

T either you can't decide what gun you want or your messin wit us!

JB.

emf7301
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Corpus Christi, TX is pretty interesting. There is a retired aircraft carrier that you can go through and an aquarium right on the other side of a bridge. Plus you can either stay in the bay and hang out on the beach there or head out to mustang island and hang out on the beach along the gulf coast. I'm sure there are other things to do there but you would have to look those up. You could also hit up the Schlitterbahn waterpark in New Braunfels, TX on the way down. I've heard it's amazing but i've never been there myself. Just be careful if you do because it will be very busy anytime during the summer.

Edit: It probably wouldn't hurt to even spend a few days just at schlitterbahn because i've heard that lines for all the rides there can be 1-2 hours and there is a lot of stuff too.

Hoppy11
06-07-2006, 08:29 PM
OK, well my favorite vacation spot won't help you because its my cottage.. but anyways i think a trip to disney world is always fun and i think the water park that is in texas call schlitterbahn or whatever, im sure i slaughtered that name but that looks like a pretty cool place to spend acouple of days and its not to far away from you.

durrell
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Myrtle Beach, SC is my favorite. I also like almost all of North Carolina's beaches, if you liked Cape Cod and Nantucket, you'd probably like Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks) and Beaufort, NC.

bigred76
06-07-2006, 09:00 PM
I like going to Disney World. I might venture over there this year during World Cup. I don't care how old I get, I will always enjoy Disney.
That should be your vacation right there, Vike. Going to Cup under the flag of Disney World. Your wife would never suspect! :D

killerpinecone
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Try south padre island, texas, kid freindly, good vavcation, good mexican food, schlitterbahn, try it