PDA

View Full Version : Ball breaks

AH_Eagle_FXO
06-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I have a MR2, shotting compressed air, halo B hopper with a zip drive, JJ barrel, balls break. Replaced the ball stopper, replaced the striker spring, tried several different balls but the darn thing keeps breaking balls.

What else can I do?

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Force-fed Huh?

Another person on here (Saf001, see his post: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=23831&postcount=31 ) has said that the ACS bolt is what causes double feeds when using hoppers that are force-fed, or can feed above 18BPS. What happens is the ACS mechanism, evne during normal operation, can make the bolt fly back farther than normal, this will cause any hopper that fast to feed a 2nd ball into the chamber.

The solution to this problem is to DISABLE the ACS mechanism. You can do this by turning the allen screw on the ACS bolt, to stop the ACS mechanism from moving. And yes, Kingman knows about the problem, that's why they have that allen screw.

Good luck with it! Please let me know if this works for you.

breakxeggs
06-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Force-fed Huh?

Another person on here (Saf001, see his post: http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=23831&postcount=31 ) has said that the ACS bolt is what causes double feeds when using hoppers that are force-fed, or can feed above 18BPS. What happens is the ACS mechanism, evne during normal operation, can make the bolt fly back farther than normal, this will cause any hopper that fast to feed a 2nd ball into the chamber.

The solution to this problem is to DISABLE the ACS mechanism. You can do this by turning the allen screw on the ACS bolt, to stop the ACS mechanism from moving. And yes, Kingman knows about the problem, that's why they have that allen screw.

Good luck with it! Please let me know if this works for you.

I still don't see how the ACS bolt blows back far like that, I mean its a pretty tight fit in the chamber and it works off of force.

My solution for the chopping is just stuff a rag down the feed neck and shoot the gun about 500 times to break the bolt in. My MR2 was breaking paint before I did that. I broke it in and bought a VL VLocity hopper and I haven't broken a paintball yet

saf001
06-08-2006, 05:57 AM
The ACS, when broke in, is designed to be pushed back (so if a ball is partially in the breach it won't break it). Well, if you have a force feed hopper system, say a QLoader like I do, which constantly pushes balls into the gun, the ACS bolt actually moves back due to the tension being put on it. Add this pressure to the backward momentum of the bolt after firing, and that ACS bolt will do the only thing it knows how to do...compress. When it compresses, that gives extra room in the breach for another ball, which my force feed hopper gladly obliges in filling.

This is not the only problem I had with the MR2. There are several issues that I found annoying and I kick myself in the rear daily for buying the first version of a new gun. It won't happen again. Add to that the sour attitude I received from Kingman tech support; needless to say I will not buy another Kingman marker. And that will be a first, being that I've been using Spyders for over 10 years.

Highbinder
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking that a force-feed hopper is just a bad dea. My VLocity Viewloader works like a charm, just like Breakxeggs' does. I seriously don't buy this ACS bolt flying back stuff that you guys keep quoting from one person's unfounded statement. The person that said it even says themself that they are not sure about it. It's on this forum somewhere, I read it too. Anyway, it seems kind of far fetched to me, seeing as how tight that spring is. I just think you have a bad set up. My MR2 works beautifully with a VLocity Viewloader, 25bps max.

new_Faction64
06-09-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm thinking that a force-feed hopper is just a bad dea. My VLocity Viewloader works like a charm, just like Breakxeggs' does. I seriously don't buy this ACS bolt flying back stuff that you guys keep quoting from one person's unfounded statement. The person that said it even says themself that they are not sure about it. It's on this forum somewhere, I read it too. Anyway, it seems kind of far fetched to me, seeing as how tight that spring is. I just think you have a bad set up. My MR2 works beautifully with a VLocity Viewloader, 25bps max.

We've already been told that this problem is known by Kingman, what else do you need?

And what else would explain my chopping/double feed problems?

breakxeggs
06-09-2006, 05:12 AM
one stiff spring in your ACS bolt like mine. I bought a VLocity hopper, it hasn't double feed or chopped yet but it used to chop ALOT before I bought the hopper