PDA

View Full Version : Help With a Hopper

Pballman
06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
hey everyone again. im getting the pilot acs soon and was wondering if the extreme rage overdrive hopper would be a good choice. it comes with a package deal that i am getting on paintball-discounters.com. i have read some reviews on it and people say that it is really loud. any advice would help and any other recommendations would be useful. btw i am kinda short on cash so if you recommend another hopper, try to make it one that is in this price range.

thanks for all of the help guys.

this seems to be a great community for paintballers.
cant wait to get my new spyder.;)

Hossy
06-07-2006, 09:06 AM
ummm try to find a revy or something....there cheap, you can even find one in the BST forums for like 15 bucks maybe

i know someone was/are selling one without a lid on it for cheap.....

i think his name is Big_Daddy_D

talk to him

Pballman
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
ummm try to find a revy or something....there cheap, you can even find one in the BST forums for like 15 bucks maybe

yeah i was looking at those but a lot of people were complaining that they were too weak and broke to easily. thanks for the advice though, ill check out the forums some more.

Pballman
06-07-2006, 06:39 PM
well i ended up looking some more for a good hopper and i landed upon the ricochet ak. is this hopper a good choice for my pilot acs, and does it fit on the gun properly.

thanks all

hodni_sania
06-08-2006, 07:20 AM
When it comes to getting a hopper I would recommend an egg with y board(z board is better but more money) it's alot better than the revy. I dunno bout the ricochet cuz i've never used one. But if you do buy a good hopper get a new feedneck, the plastic thing is a p.o.s. It broke 10mins into the first time i played with my egg on it.

MVS1
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
I just picked up that hopper last night and it is pretty loud. I'll be trying it out this weekend and I'll let you know how it works. The one thing I did notice that I wasn't to thrilled about is the fact that it is a constant drive and not triggered by sound (on the marker discharging). For the money I'll probably end up going to one of the halo hoppers just because of the ROF that they can support.

Pballman
06-08-2006, 11:40 AM
The one thing I did notice that I wasn't to thrilled about is the fact that it is a constant drive and not triggered by sound (on the marker discharging).

thanks mvs1 but i think that you are thinking of the ricochet rhino. the ak agitates with each ball fired only, not constantly. the ricochet rhino on the other hand, does have a constant drive. let me know how it works out anyway though because i was looking at that one too;) .

thanks for the help

anyone have any experience with the ricochet ak?

Halucin8
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I will just keep my egg2 with a y board. If I need it i will upgrade later to the zboard. Right now i can't out shoot the y board anyways with my pilot.

Pballman
06-09-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah i was thinking egg also, until i saw the price. right now i dont have that kind of money in my budget (lol i know, its pretty sad im broke). i was thinking about going with the ricochet ak sniper (i can get one new for $40), but i cannot seem to find anyone that has used one...

thanks for the help though

Halucin8
06-10-2006, 07:06 AM
I got mine for 40 shipped to my door and haven't got a complaint about it yet. It was used but check the buy sell trade forums here they are there

tampaimpact16
06-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I am also looking for a new hopper...
where can i buy a egg/ egg2/ any other good hopper

I saw the diablo halo Led hopper, is it any good? or worth the money?

ACSinMich
06-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I just got my ricochet apache LCD, it sucks. the LCD is only a freakin timer. if you get the ricochet, get the LED....as i just found out, which i'll be returning my LCD for the LED

Hossy
06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
i would suggest the egg too as well

i got an egg from www.firstcallpaintball.com for like 60 New and including shipping

you can find a TON of eggs on PbNation....alot arent in the greatest condition, but if u find the right guy that sells one for like 30 bucks because hes getting out of paintball and its usually nice.

my fingers cant shoot out the Y board egg, it says 19bps, but idk how accurate(sp?) that is. i have an e marker spyder as well, and that at most shoots 13(it says that but it doesnt shoot that) so egg is the way to go

or go out and spend 100 bucks on a halo u can use forever...but id go with the egg it serves its purpose. i am now using my egg on my spyder, im getting a halo in the mail soon for my PM6

MVS1
06-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I field tested my extreme rage overdrive this weekend and it worked great. Down-side was that it sounded like I had a popcorn machine mounted on my marker. That thing is LOUD!!! ROF was good and never out shot the hopper so if you don't mind the noise it's not a bad way to go....I saw somebody mention the ak ricochet, does it agitate constantly or from the sound of the marker firing.

Pballman
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
....I saw somebody mention the ak ricochet, does it agitate constantly or from the sound of the marker firing.

yeah the ricochet ak agitates with every ball not constantly, and i am glad to hear you had good luck with your hopper. the ak is the one that i am looking towards buying because of my very slim budget, and that it does not agitate constantly. i have not heard of any complaints yet but then again, i havent found anyone that has used one on here. any suggestions on this hopper would help out a lot.

--Thanks in advance