PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pilot ACS soon

Pballman
06-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey everyone. Im new to paintball, ive only been once and i had a blast so i decided to get a gun. I decided on getting the pilot acs. just wanted some advice on what to do to prepare my gun for use. i have already read up a little on this topic and i have heard that i should break in the acs bolt and oil/lube the internals. just wanted some more output on this and how exactly should i do it. thanks for all of the help guys and i am looking forward to using my new gun:D .

twiztidjuggalo
06-07-2006, 11:09 AM
yea def break in ur bolt, if u have the air stick a battle swab or bunched up towel or something of that nature down the feed neck and just fire ur gun till ur tanks empty, or take out the bolt and compress it by hand for 20 min or so, do it while watching tv makes it more enjoyable lol.. def be sure to lube up ur internals, and be sure to check and tighten all ur air hoses and connections

schock
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
make sure you adjust your trigger to your likings

ShadowX
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
yea def break in ur bolt, if u have the air stick a battle swab or bunched up towel or something of that nature down the feed neck and just fire ur gun till ur tanks empty, or take out the bolt and compress it by hand for 20 min or so, do it while watching tv makes it more enjoyable lol.. def be sure to lube up ur internals, and be sure to check and tighten all ur air hoses and connections

A little note on this that I have expierenced with both of my ACS bolts... I had to use something fairly hard to break mine in... If i were to put a bunched up towel in the feed enck, it be just have un-cocked.. I found that a tube of chap-stick worked the best... also sharpie's work well, but they seem to pop out after a couple shots..

So, I would try and find a tube of chap-stick around the house somewhere and use that.. Or a Sharpie, but you will have to hold it in..

Pballman
06-07-2006, 06:46 PM
or take out the bolt and compress it by hand for 20 min or so

could you please explain more in detail how you would do this. sry i am noob to paintball. also what parts exactly do i need to oil/lube, and what do you think is the best oil to use.

thanks for all of the input guys, you're a big help

twiztidjuggalo
06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
take ur bolt out, and then u compress the bolt by looking for the little metal rod the goes into the striker, and then push that rod towards the front of the bolt while holding the front, i do belive there is a video on here in another post that has a video showing u what to do. when u lube ur gun be sure to oil the striker, and all ur o-rings, i use mineral oil but ur local paintball shop should carry an oil that is just as good, we were all noobs at one time so ask as many qiestions as u need to

twiztidjuggalo
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
http://media.putfile.com/ACS-Bolt-Break-In ...theres the video

Pballman
06-07-2006, 08:22 PM
thanks for all the help

DvDphoenix
06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
im sorry i dont get it, that lube process is 4 everytime u play or just before u use it or what??

twiztidjuggalo
06-08-2006, 07:59 AM
after everytime u play u should clean and lube ur gun, that way when u go to play next time its ready to go, also if u have it just sitting around for a while, i would say maybe atleast once a month clean and lube it just to keep it ready

DvDphoenix
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
hey its me again... i dunno if any of u had the same trouble, but im tryin 2 do that breakin in thing on my bolt, but i cant seem to remove the cockin knob :headbrick: i tried 2 unscrew it but never ends, pullin it out didnt work much, so before pullin it harder i wantd 2 know if there is other method (theres gotta be)

twiztidjuggalo
06-09-2006, 03:08 AM
lol, ah that cocking knob, that seems to be trouble on every pilot ive seen, it pulls straight up and out but is not the easyest one to remove, if u cant get it by hand take a pair of pliers and use those, then it will come out no problem