PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID'ing a Spyder / spyder clone

adriann222
06-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Here is the marker

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/2d/fd/ec_1.JPG

Now let me tell you alittle about it. I got it from a powerlyte dealer and it has the matching powerlyte mech frame (off set and inline holes) and speedline 12" barrel.

It also has a very strange cocking mechanism. It's spring loaded so that you once you cock it there are no longer any exterior moving parts (like the rocket cock on a Tippy 98).

It also has a body that uses direct body air input (as you can see) with a matching LPC .

So here are my questions.
#1- is this gonna be a fatty body or slim? I ask because it did not come with a valve assembly

#2- do you think this cocking mechanism can be modified to work with an ACS bolt?

#3- Can you turn a mech frame into an electro?

#4- Is this not a really sweet marker? I mean really, I just love it!

thechubbss12
06-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Humm its looks like a Compact rip off.... So

1. I will bet you it is a slim striker style.
2. Umm i have seen this cocking style on a rental and it would make for a hairy situation on a ACS bolt... too many internaly moving parts.
3. Ummm that would be a very hard feet to over come... You could probibly mill out the inside of the Trigger frame and cut out the portion of a Normal spyder eframe thats holds the Noid, sear and board mill it to fit then slide it in inside.... It would take alot of time and if you were to have a machinst do it it would probibly cost you $50+ becasue thats what i would charge to do it.
4. LOL it have a awesome look to it. =)

xtraking
06-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Here is the marker

So here are my questions.
#1- is this gonna be a fatty body or slim? I ask because it did not come with a valve assembly
Put one of your existing bolts/valves/ whatever from your other spyder into there(unless you dont have one) If it fits, its a slim, if its to small, its a fatty. My guess would slim though.

#2- do you think this cocking mechanism can be modified to work with an ACS bolt? The only reason i would say no due to the length of the acs bolt needed because of the spring inside, by why not give it a try! just dont ruin your acs bolt :p

#3- Can you turn a mech frame into an electro? Possible yes... practical no. I suggest just buying a regular esp frame.

#4- Is this not a really sweet marker? I mean really, I just love it!
Haha it does have a pretty cool paintjob

Hope i helped :)

adriann222
06-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok well the cocking mechanism can be removed. It's held in place by the pull pin that holds the VA, and it and the VA are not connected.

So...I could use an ACS bolt as long as I made it rear cocking????

Do they not make ACS bolts for top cocking Spyders. I mean heck I thought I once saw an ACS for a Tippy. Those are super short bolts!

Hob Hayward
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm not posititve, but I think you could take an imagine one and chop off the back, otherwise, a pilot one is short, dunno if its short enough though.

Looks cool.

xtraking
06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Ok well the cocking mechanism can be removed. It's held in place by the pull pin that holds the VA, and it and the VA are not connected.

So...I could use an ACS bolt as long as I made it rear cocking????

Do they not make ACS bolts for top cocking Spyders. I mean heck I thought I once saw an ACS for a Tippy. Those are super short bolts!
yep they make top cocking acs bolts.

adriann222
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
So if I took a top cocking bolt and attached the cocking rod from the "stock" cocking system to the back of it, it should work right?

I mean all it is right now is one of those stock short bolts (bottom cocking) with a small arm screwed into the back instead of a set screw.

Chris Cole
06-07-2006, 06:35 PM
That looks like a Compact body with a gripstix frame. So it should be slim.

Unless it's milled for top cocking, I'd go with rear and mount a beaver tail.

SniperX
06-07-2006, 08:02 PM
looks like to me its a spyder compact or aggressor... but aggressors have vert feeds so yeah.. not sure.