PDA

View Full Version : End of school and some emotions.

UKwithPride
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Deleted for various reasons.

emf7301
06-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, as for your friend hanging out with other people, plain and simple, people change. I had the exact same thing happen to me over the course of my high school years (I just graduated). My best friend and I were inseparable for a long period. Then he got a gf and we ended up not having a single class together senior year, which probably led to us drifting apart. We still hung out at lunch and after school on early dismissal days, but nothing really during the weekends and what not. We still talk and what not but he's always either sleeping, with his gf, or playing WoW(most overrated game ever in my opinion), so we almost always don't hang out.

Fortunately, that same year i ran cross country and made several new friends who I played paintball with and we became pretty good friends.

Sports, or any other extracurricular activity, is a great way to mingle with others and meet new people that you would never have before. My only real regret of my HS years is that i didn't do enough sports.

As for the girlfriend incident, it more than likely wasn't your responsibility to tell her what was going on even though it sounds like she already suspected it. If he has lied to her about that, I doubt that is the only thing he's lied about. It's fine to console her and help her through her tough times. You might become friends with her and meet some of her friends too. Just your act of listening to her and being there for her is what friends do.

Like I said, that best way for people to make friends is to get involved in activities they like. Then, you will meet others that, like you, enjoy that activity and you might end up having more in common than you thought. Making friends is all about getting involved, which is a mistake that i made and didn't notice until heading into my senior year. I realized that i hadn't done much stuff during my HS years and found myself kind of secluded. I figured out that, in order for me to meet other, i would need to change myself and do thing I normally wouldn't do. Funny thing is that those normal things i wouldn't do ended up becoming normal.

I understand what you are going through, feeling alone and all, because i went through it myself. People aren't, for the majority, going to walk right up to you and instantly befriend you. You have to take the initiative and interact because, even though i hate to say it, if you don't you'll probably keep feeling lonely.

thechubbss12
06-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Humm one real friend is a bad idea..... I probibly had that problem when my problem was being over weight. Its a tough situation to get out of. I know i probibly made my friend feel the same way when ever i started exiting that phase and getting alot more friends. But you have to make more buds, against what it feels like.

Telling the GF what you told her was a bad idea.... He will probibly find out becasue she will tell him not out of resent for you but in talking to him about what happend relationship wise. He will probibly resent you for doing it. Thus putting you two farther apart.

I dunno but what your buddy did breaking up with her and not telling her that he was talking to some other girls makes it sound like you guys are 8th graders or freshman. Which realy isnt a bad thing but its just something you dont see people breaking up over when you get older.

DFSniper
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
yeah, im like that too. i have 2 really good friends (who hate each other now, long story, might tell it later) and i really dont want to be anywhere except with them (ones a girl and ones a guy). me and her are going to italy with a bunch of people, and i know shes gonna end up spending most of her time with other people.

as for the other part, its kinda like my story. my best guy friend cheated on his girlfriend (a good friend of mine) 3 times with my best girl friend, but he wont admit to it because hes afraid of losing his girlfriend (who believes him 100%) and my other friend has a very bad reputation for "sleeping around." so ive been trying to stay out of it for a month now, but its really hard. i dont want to break up their relationship, but i cant really talk to him about it because hes pretty much made himself believe that hes right and shes making it all up. so you have two choices, try to stay as neutral as possible until it dies down, or take sides with whoever you think is right.

DexGtr
06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
don't fret about it man....you make it sound like it's the end of the world. :rolleyes:

UKwithPride
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks alot for the help guys... and Dex, lol, I know. :-D

As for the girl, she wanted me to tell her. I told her I didn't want to but she kept insisting that I told her, so I did. My friend knew it was me because I talked to her again and he said "who was it? Daniel?" and she said "it doesn't matter." But today he didn't say anything about it. We hung out like normal...until lunch when the girls came over. Then I said "I'm going to go find travis." And walked away. The girls know I don't like to talk to them. But today was the last day of school, and I don't have to deal with them anymore.
But I would love to talk to his ex more, just because she is one of the nicest girls I've ever met. And when I got off the phone with her today, she said "I'll be talking to you soon." And she said I was a great friend and that made me feel really good.

TacTownKilla
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
don't fret about it man....you make it sound like it's the end of the world. :rolleyes:

god really, emo much?

UKwithPride
06-07-2006, 04:29 PM
god really, emo much?
Emo is a stupid word, more like not wanting to lose a really good friend is more like it...
Good job at being an a******

killerpinecone
06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
hmm, nothing to say

marvin-martian
06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
hmm, nothing to say
post count isnt important.

newkid
06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
post count isnt important. mayB nt 2 u but sum people.......

marvin-martian
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
on the other hand, dictionaries are...

killerpinecone
06-07-2006, 05:46 PM
on the other hand, dictionarys are...

*dictionaries , lol now you change it

UKwithPride
06-07-2006, 10:30 PM
ZOMG! Hijacked!

killerpinecone
06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
sorry bout that, marvin-martiam started it, i ended it

DFSniper
06-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks alot for the help guys... and Dex, lol, I know. :-D

As for the girl, she wanted me to tell her. I told her I didn't want to but she kept insisting that I told her, so I did. My friend knew it was me because I talked to her again and he said "who was it? Daniel?" and she said "it doesn't matter." But today he didn't say anything about it. We hung out like normal...until lunch when the girls came over. Then I said "I'm going to go find travis." And walked away. The girls know I don't like to talk to them. But today was the last day of school, and I don't have to deal with them anymore.
But I would love to talk to his ex more, just because she is one of the nicest girls I've ever met. And when I got off the phone with her today, she said "I'll be talking to you soon." And she said I was a great friend and that made me feel really good.

talk to her, show her some attention, help her bounce back.

UKwithPride
06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
I'm going to. I'm going to start talking to her alot more. I also hope to spend more time with her to get to know her better.

thechubbss12
06-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Yea but in the process dont become her fall back boy.... that would only put a big thing berween you and your male buddy.

WhatThaSmurf
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
i know form experience that if he's really a good friend, he'll be glad later that you were honest with somebody he was really close with. my best friend since forever broke up with his girlfriend of a year and a half (back together now), and the best part was that i could take her side but we were such good friends he didn't care.