PDA

View Full Version : My Imagine (pics)

SPYDER_ONLY
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Well my Sonix broke down for the 1st time since Ive owned it and we are going to play in the woods in a couple days. My Sonix was my wood gun with all the cammo and the shoulder stock and such so I had to get my Imagine ready to go into the brush. I borrowed the barrel and volumizer from the Sonix as well as the stock so I got a couple pics of it. I kinda like the blacked out look.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/honda_rider_ky/spyder2.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/honda_rider_ky/spyder3.jpg

WhatThaSmurf
06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
so what are we looking for here, opinions? i don't like stocks, but that's just me. not a big fan of the all black, but at least you didn't call it ninja. if you plan on keeping it like that, add some blue or red. and it sounds like all you have is stock barrels, get a new one. i'm sure others will think of the rest, so i'll leave it at that.

ShieldzyBoy
06-06-2006, 03:20 PM
thats a huge drop that feedneck is way to high other then that its cool i wouldn't have wasted the money on half that stuff though i would have got an orange bolt and xl night stricker wich would make things so much better

ToXiC
06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Ya I totally agree with the smurf, I hate stocks to the full extent... specially since the imagine isnít a rear cocking bolt so if you take that stock off you could have ur gun soo tucked in that u could hide behind the smallest tree no prob (unless youíre a big guy, then Iím sorry). I would suggest a sweet spot trigger, because I like them (mine has 1) but Iím sure you fire just as fast with the trigger you got. Ya a new barrel would do u a lot better, even a PMI Razzor would improve your accuracy. I think getting red accent pieces would be awesome for your gun even though red can be seen real easyÖ Anyways it still looks awesome just the way it is. :cool:

ooglieboogliebob
06-06-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah ... i agree.. i don't really like the all black either ... I would probably have to say keep only the body, VA, and the Frame black .. and then get the rest silver ... ??

Keep the cap on the Eggy clear ... IMO i think that looks better ...
New barrel FTW

Maybe some mods on ottersccustoms.com .. ??

SPYDER_ONLY
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I wasnt really looking for anything by posting pics. I just put on some different stuff and it changed the look of my marker so I thought I would take some pics. I just assumed some fellow Spyder owners might appreciate a couple pics.

As for the stock, I only use it for woods play, its usually on my sonix which I have turned into more of a senerio marker but I robbed the stock, barrel, volumizer from it to get rid of some of the chrome. I have an aftermarket barrel but a chrome barrel isnt the best thing to have if your trying to stay hidden in the brush.

Yes the drop is huge but I bought it a long time ago for only a couple bucks, I just put it on because I had it, not because I needed it but it does help so whatever. Oh and the feedneck was like 1.5" higher or so with the stupid elbow that came with the marker. I found that PVC coupler at the hardware store and stuck it on as well as cut down the feed tube on the hopper.

Im not interested in tucking my marker in as close as I can get it to my body. I dont play on an inflatable field with dozens of people around. I play in the hills and the fields with a small group of friends. We arnt there to spray paint everywhere, run and slide and bunker our opponents, fill our hoppers via pods on the field and drop half the paintballs on the ground. We just go out to play and most of all have a good time. We play more like the forefathers did, just with a little better equipment.

thechubbss12
06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Heh i like the overall look of it.... i bet it would work good for staying hidden until you shoot it.... then everything is given away.

ToXiC
06-07-2006, 03:51 AM
Ok man, FYI im a bush baller aswell, I dont play on inflatable fields so dont give me some POS statement about how you're playing old school and what not. I played like 2.5 years just playing in my friends back bush with friends. All I was trying to say is that without out the stock the length of the gun is reduced greatly so you can hide basically anywhere without your gun sticking half way out, unless you're one of those people who like to stand in the middle of no where with nothing for cover. I dont believe in play where my accuracy is by volume, I dont "light up" anyone. But incase you didnt happen to read the end of my last post I said "Anyways it still looks awesome just the way it is."

So ya... Now that im pissed cuz you basically profiled me as some rich kid speedballer, im gonna say F U. I was just giving my friendly opinion/review on your marker, but I guess you're so narrow minded that any critisim is fired on with both barrels.... once again GFYS (figure out what that says nOOb) :bird:

thechubbss12
06-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Woah clam down buddy this isnt PBN... we dont expect everyone here to be noobs... So what if he profiled you... you actuly sort of left your self open for that. No one was injured and the only one who is mad is you so let it slide.

davidthegr8
06-07-2006, 09:37 AM
^ Pbn is gay

but its so freakin addicting

ricochet08
06-07-2006, 10:24 AM
yea im wit smurf.
i'd add some red....but that's just me :D

yea it looks nice blacked out IMO :thumbup:

is that tape over the lid on the eggy?
on the 1st pic it looks like there is tape, but not the second.
:confused:

ShieldzyBoy
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
lol ok every1 lets clamn down. kid im sry for flaming ur gun do w/e ur want as long as u love the game

SPYDER_ONLY
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I appoligize if it seemed like I was attacking you or anyone else, I didnt mean for it to seem that way. I wont make excuses for what I said because it has allready been said so I will simply offer my appologies, if you accept then thank you, if not then I can accept that.

Dont get me wrong, Im not dissing anyone who plays the game, no matter what version, thats the one thing that links us all together. I was just putting it out there that I for one dont have cash laying around to toss into upgrades. I know you guys were just making suggestions. Id love to be able to but cant at the moment. I know alot of people that do go out and play speedball and thats it on inflatable fields and whatnot, Im friends with them and have no problem with it. I get jokingly "harassed" all the time over my stock spyders but they keep up just fine :D

I just wanted to show my imagine off since it looks so different. I understand that taking the stock off would allow me to get into tight spaces but that means I would have to get into tight spaces as well and thats just something I cant do, no Im not fat but I am tall but where we play there is plenty of cover anyways so no worries there.

Again I appologize, sorry too stir things up.

newkid
06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
isn't that a CO2 tank on there?

SPYDER_ONLY
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah it is.

newkid
06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I was just wondering because of the air gauge

SPYDER_ONLY
06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
the gauge came w/ the drop, I would take it off but then i would have to plug that hole.

ricochet08, yeah its tape on there, I forgot to take it off and realized it after taking the pics. It was on there for other reasons but its off now.

ShadowX
06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Looks good, reminds me of my old spyder.. I play on inflatable fields and all now, but there was a day when me and my friends would play all day long... come home, eat dinner, go to bed, and do it all over again in the morning.. Lol..

I had that same drop on my spyder rodeo.. those were the days.. i miss them sometimes..

I would recommend a new barrel though.. They are really cheap.. 35 bucks will get you a Smart Parts progressive.. They are nice barrels for the price and they come in black, so no worries about getting found by the other players..

here is a link:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=FnhrMwZAKVNrD0LIqFWrmwyJXhdOIN8KXjA=?Pro ductID=TKjAqArbo0gAAAEJq5jsdxzq

hope i was help and keep up the good work on the spyder!

vikingshadow
06-08-2006, 05:31 PM
I think this thread needs to calm down. Seriously.

I actually saw no profiling going on (although the post was edited in which case it appears that feelings were not meant to be hurt,) and I think the whole purpose of the thread was to just show off the gun, not to ask for opinions on what should be done to it. Now, in the spirit of a paintball forum, opinions are definitely welcome, but flaming is definitely not. Don't like what was said or feel like flaming? Please, feel free to bug BSNation. Point blank - period.

Now, in response to what was said in this thread though about the upgrades, I'll throw in my 2 paintballs worth. In my mind, with the drop on this gun, the stock keeps the gun lower. If it weren't for that, that hopper would be about 6-10 inches above his head. AND, if he were to get rid of the stock and put a rail with asa on it, it'd be the same distance from him. Same thing - no difference. So the stock is a moot point. With the drop - stock definitely. No drop - no stock needed. Add a butt plate if you want - same thing.

I would suggest a lower feedneck, obviously. Maybe cutting the Eggy's feedtube as well. My egg almost rested on the back of my gun, it was so low. Much lower profile that way! Other than a regulator and some different grips - looking good!

Oh, and thanks for calling it black out and NOT calling it Ninja! :D

**edit** dang - got a phone call and stopped typing - all these posts came up AFTER I had typed all this....glad to see you all are working it out. Paintball is fun - let's keep that way!

SPYDER_ONLY
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
opinions and upgrade suggestions were not really what I was going for. I dont mind them thou, I can appreciate the suggestions, sorry if it seemd like I wasnt just like I said I cant get anymore at the moment, college is expensive, lol

as for the feedneck and stuff, well actually ive allready cut down the feeneck on the egg. Id like to get one of the feednecks to go on the marker that doesnt need an elbow, just havent got around to it yet. I got that "elbow" the other day but its really for 3/4" pvc pipe, it sits alot lower than stock elbow that Kingman gave me w/ the marker thou.