PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, i need ur help again

twiztidjuggalo
06-06-2006, 12:08 PM
ok, i am finnaly back to the point were i can get a better un then my current vl orion,great gun if u have a yongster wanting to play served me good for 2 years now with no problems, and the problem i have is choosing between these three guns, the imagine, pilot acs o5, and mr1. when i get the gun i will have to run it stock for a while till i can afford to start upgrading and what im wanting to know is in your opion, which is the best, all opions r welcome and suggestions to other guns if u have one. thanks for ur help:)

ShadowX
06-06-2006, 12:18 PM
As for the MR1, I would stay away.. They are NOTORIOUS for chopping, and, As far as I know, Kingman has not made any changes to stop this..

So, it is now between the Pilot ACS and the Imagine.. And you said that you would keep which ever Marker you bought stock for a while.. So, I would go with the Pilot ACS.. It already has the ACS that you would probably end up buying for the Imagine later down the road.. And the barrel on the Pilot ACS is far nicer than the Stock Imagine barrel..

So, you got my .02 cents...

ShadowX
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Also, if you do get the Pilot ACS be sure to break in the ACS bolt before you use it.. Put a wooden dowel or something really round and hard in the feed neck and dry fire about 1000 shots.. And if you don't have any air then when you are sitting around doing nothing take the bolt in your hand and push the spring back and forth for about 20 min or so.. That should break it in..

druid
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I'd say a wash cloth or battleswab before a dowel

colonel_moo
06-06-2006, 01:04 PM
I'd say a wash cloth or battleswab before a dowel

or at least a dowel wrapped in tape.

schock
06-06-2006, 02:08 PM
go with the 05 pilot or if you want to spend some extra cash get an ion.

druid
06-06-2006, 03:04 PM
check out the 06 sonix...it's nice too

thechubbss12
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Pilot FTW!!!!!!!

ACS blows but it is better then a stock alluminum bolt.

twiztidjuggalo
06-07-2006, 06:27 AM
yea ill prob get the pilot again, as u can see im my avatar ive had one b4, although i didnt break in the acs bolt and it worked fine. i just want to make sure i was missing out on a possible better gun that i had to choose from

Frat
06-07-2006, 07:41 AM
As for the MR1, I would stay away.. They are NOTORIOUS for chopping, and, As far as I know, Kingman has not made any changes to stop this..

That is incorrect on both statements. I have owned both and still own My MR1. I am upgrading to an Ion so I sold the pilot and kept the MR1. If you are planning on buying anything with the intention of upgrading you need to just go ahead and buy an Ion. I paid $187 shipped for my Ion NIB. I have over $300 in my MR1. You can not buy one and upgrade it for what you can buy an Ion new for. However upgrading is fun which is why I have an MR1 with over $300 into it.

Skidds
06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I would get the Pilot...then change the lousy xpansion chamber with a regulator.