PDA

View Full Version : Gone over to the Dark Side

nbishop66
06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Well I pulled the trigger over the weekend on 2 new IONs for my son and I. I just got fed up with throwing money at the Pilot ACSs to go LP. My son is selling his Blk/Red, but I'm keeping my Blk/Blue as a backup gun. I plan to put mine back to stock with the exception of the barrel and Stickies and part out the ups' in B/S/T.

Let me tell ya', after firing the Ion I probably won't pick up that pilot again. Smooth as silk, little to no recoil. I've already replaced the trigger and got this thing rippin' like a ba$tard in no time. Now on to upgrading the Ion!

~shocktheman~
06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
I've been thinking on buying an Ion as well, since it just costs so much upgrading a spyder, and an ep gun at that price isn't bad. If I did I'd still work on the spyder, but it just wouldn't be in the spotlight. I have yet to shoot an Ion however

thechubbss12
06-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Humm ion.... I wouldnt trade my T-1 spyder for a ion.... if i did i would cry becasue the performance would be so much worse....

Well im not afan of them but alot of people are... i hope you can enjoy it.

Frat
06-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I to have bought one and have sold my pilot but am keeping my MR1. I bought mine for $172.49 off ebay NIB. I could not upgrade my Pilot for that.

UKwithPride
06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Get a QEV and a feedneck next.

druid
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I'll give you the order in which I upgraded my Ion and the reason:

Freak Kit - I shoot a bunch of different paints so I need the bores
CP reg - Although the stock reg is a decent reg, I hated the look. Stock reg can take up to 2 cases to break in.
QEV - makes the marker cycle faster and vents the excess air at the QEV instead of back-tracking it through the noid.
Feedneck - to lower my egg II
Trigger - stock was ok but I like the feel of aluminum better.
On/Off - obvious reason
Stage 5 - don't expect you to get one...
Bolt - stage 1 was lighter for less air usage
TBoard - because m faster than the stock board
Grips - CosmeticOverall, the Ion really doesn't need anything to survive on the field...but it's nicer when you have it tuned to what you want.

pman15
06-06-2006, 04:10 AM
well except the most no duh thing that has to be used on it. a hpa thank:doah:

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 05:32 AM
I got the New Designz Roller Blade Trigger to start. I've got to decide on a barrel. I don't want to spend the $$ on the Freak Jr. I love my J&J Ceramic I have on my Pilot, so I might just get one of the J&Js. I already have my eye on a Stage 1,2, and 3 kit. My Psychoballistics On/Off Drop Forward with get taken off the pilot, and I already had a 60/3000. I'm ready to rock and roll this weekend. I can't wait.

~shocktheman~
06-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Their not field strippable though are they? I heard you have to unscrew alot of things to get it apart, which really sucks if you ever chop/break a ball.
As I said though I'm not too familiar with them though.

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Their not field strippable though are they? I heard you have to unscrew alot of things to get it apart, which really sucks if you ever chop/break a ball.
As I said though I'm not too familiar with them though.

Yeah, they are a little delicate to disassemble. But they are field strippable. I wouldn't try and dissect it on the ground though.

bamf-hacker
06-06-2006, 07:26 AM
The Ion is not really field strip-able, but has break beam eyes so chops rarely happen. You are more likely to have a barrel break. You can how ever get a BoB body to make lubing the internals easier.

Here was my list of upgrades, order and why.

Moved from my Rodeo to my Ion, So I can't call these upgrades I got specifically for the Ion.

Regulator
ASA
Rail
Barrel Kit (I just got a new back for the Ion)

Now for the upgrades I got for the Ion.

First Upgrades:
Feedneck -the stock one uses 3 o-rings and I did not want my Halo to get stuck. I heard it happened, plus I like the c-clamp feednecks better.
Trigger- Not a fan of the stock trigger, I don't really like the finger notches
Grips- Only non functional upgrade I did.

Second Upgrades:
QEV- Added efficiency and gun no longer sends air/dirt out through the solenoid
Board- I like to be able to change modes and fine tune the gun with out opening the grip frame, better eye logic and speed
Snatch grip- I hold my gun from the end in between games and that made it more secure to hold

Third Upgrades:
Bolt- make gun more efficient
Body- Allows BoB (Bolt out Back) for ease of maintenance
Detents- Delrin non wearing detents, since I fire Reball

OK now here are the actual parts on my Ion

Foehn V2 BoB Body
Virtue Board w/membrane pad
TechT L6 Bolt
Kila Reaction Detents
SP Q-Lock feedneck
NDZ Snatch Grip
Hybrid Contract Killer Grips
CP Long Regulator
CP ASA w/bleed
CP Rail
CP Sling Blade Trigger
SP 360 QEV
Freak Barrel Kit

My Ion is sexy and bad a**. Here are thread links to my Video and Pics

Video (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3768)
pictures (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2847)

Welcome to the club and use your Ion proudly!

HacKeR

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 11:02 AM
She looks Pretty, HacKeR

bamf-hacker
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Thank you and may your Ion one day be what you hope it would be :)

HacKeR

Slammed0
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Can you run Co2 on the Ion?

druid
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
only if it's antisiphonned but...I'd not suggest it. It freezes and weakens the internal hoses faster than air or N2.

pman15
06-06-2006, 04:28 PM
no it will freeze the gun up and not work,you have to go to hpa tanks for the ion

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Bye Bishop!

Eric182
06-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't trade my Brass Eagle Avenger for an Ion, I hate them so much.
Well, I probaly would...but I'm trying to make a point here.

bamf-hacker
06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't trade my Brass Eagle Avenger for an Ion, I hate them so much.
Well, I probaly would...but I'm trying to make a point here.

Do you hate Ion's or Ion owners? Because I own an Ion and I also hate most Ion owners.

HacKeR

druid
06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
no it will freeze the gun up and not work,you have to go to hpa tanks for the ion

According to the manual...and the little yellow sticker across the ASA...both created and printed by Smart Parts...you may use co2 but only if it's antisiphonned. Period.

I said it's a bad idea because it freezes/weakens the hoses and seals faster, because it's the truth.

Don't tell someone that they "have to" do something when it's not so. Offer an alternative with just cause, yes...by all means...

...and never rely on "I heard..." or "well, my buddy's friend's dog knows a tech that said...." because it's a load. Read the manuals or write to the manufacturer if you aren't sure on something.

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
my buddy's friend's dog, roflmao

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Bye Bishop!

Was that sincere? The"!" confused me. I didn't think I ticked anyone off in the last 6 months. Well if it was sincere, I'll still have my Pilot ACS, and I like most of you guys so I wont be going to far. Just sharing my online time between here and pbnation.:)

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 05:36 PM
No, sincere. I remember when you were having problems with the Lp set-up, wish I could have helped.

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM
AH, yes it's all coming back to me. Thanks Man!

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Sandman, you got yours to work, right?

bamf-hacker
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
NO NO NO Don't go to PBN...

Between here and ionowners.com

(Like Me, but this is still my home)

HacKeR

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
There is a lot of good info in the Ion area of pbnation, I haven't really posted anything yet. I'll check out ionowners.com. Look for me.

Thanks,

bamf-hacker
06-06-2006, 06:17 PM
You will see many familiar names on IonOwners.com

HacKeR

druid
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
yes...and some smart azzes :D

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 07:33 PM
yes...and some smart azzes :D
If that's your second home Druid, forget it! I'm off to pbnation!:)

I just went over to ionowners.com, and what did I run accross. The Name Druid. But non of these - :mad: