PDA

View Full Version : should i or not

el jefe561
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
should I sell my spyder electra DX for around 100-120 and buy a mr1.....the DX is just not accurate enough for me im play with tipman 98's and a5's the Dx is fast compared to them but it just doesnt go as far as them and i was thinking this can compete with them is this a good idea to sell my DX and buy a MR1??

druid
06-05-2006, 05:48 PM
that's because you're either not chrono'd to the same spped as them or your paint/barrel match is all wrong. Get a chrono and then a better barrel. Look to the stickies to see which one is better for you.

el jefe561
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
what do u mean chrono'd

Frat
06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Druid means you are not shooting as fast speed wise as the others. A paintball (with the exception of like the apex and flat line barrels) traveling @ 290fps will go the same distance whether it is fired from your electra or from a 98. Apex and flatline barrels put a backspin on the balls hat make them shoot in an arc. From what I have seen by the time the ball gets there it does not have enough energy to break and just bounces off. You need to have your gun Chrono'd which is shot over a chronograph to measure how fast the balls are traveling out og your gun. There is no reason you should not be able to keep up with the Tippys.

yamaha cow
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
yah most spiders kick the crap out of most tippies mine does lol.

el jefe561
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
so what u all r sayin is that i should stick with my DX and not buy a mr1?

Frat
06-07-2006, 09:10 PM
so what u all r sayin is that i should stick with my DX and not buy a mr1?

Didn't say that just said you should be able to keep up with the Tippmans. I would buy an MR1 and put your e frame on it but that is me. If you are happy when the electra is performing as it should get it fixed and keep playing. If you are not get a new gun.

el jefe561
06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
is the E frame on my dx compatible with the mr1 and how do i do it?

mr1man
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
i have an mr1, and play with A LOT of tippmans, the MR1 is the perfect woodsball gun on a budget, are u a woodsballer or speedballer

Frat
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Unscrew the two bolts on the frame and install it on the MR1. All of the E-frames are compatable with the MR1. Before you do anything decide exactly what it is you are wanting and want to do. I have tinkered and played around allot with my MR1 and believe it performs about the best it can. I have over $300 and allot of time messing with it. If you are going to want to do more than the e-grip you might want to think about an Ion.

el jefe561
06-09-2006, 12:24 PM
well umm i have never played a real fast action game of speedball yet but im not that fast of a shooter anyways and i have played woodsball and i like it i used to have a rodeo but i sold it then bought the DX but the people in my neighborhood hav tippys and i shot the tippy 98c and i shot the DX and the 98c goes much farther and is much more accurate then the DX so im thinkin about gettin the MR1 so i can compete with them i like to play in scenario situations im more of a tactical guy i dont think a game of speedball will satisfy my paintballing needs

Frat
06-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Distance is a matter of physics and if you guys are not using a chronograph someone will get hurt. If you are shooting the same velocity they should not out range you. Ifd they are shooting hot they most certainly will. Speedball, spools and woodsball you can get by with a mechanical marker. X-ball you will get shot allot. On the topic of accuracy there are allot of factors and I think the biggest is bore to paint size match.