PDA

View Full Version : Raiser Rail

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I want to know if this clamping rasier mount will fit on the bottem larger dovetail of the gun and provide that same sized dovetail onthe top of it. http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=201+0035&CAT=118207

I have a Tasco Red Dot that has a 3/4" rail dove tail on it and I need a raiser rail that will plug on a 3/4" dove tail and also provide a 3/4" dovetail.

It has to be a 20mm to 20mm raiser

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
http://rap4.com/paintball/os/20mm-raiser-mount-p-325.html

I think that one will fit but I'm not positive because its for an AirSoft gun.. I don't know if they use the same kind of rail sizes or if they scale their stuff..

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 03:37 PM
What size dove tail (or w/e it would be called) does the stock handle have on it?

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
There isn't a dove tail on the stock
are you talking about the rail that the handle/rail sits on, because thats a 20mm dovetail, what I need is a Riser Rail that fits onto a 20mm dovetail and will have another 20mm dovetail on the top to put the scope on

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Not sure about the application, but I think he's talking about the sight rail.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm talking about the dovetail rail that the sight rail sits on... right on top of the gun. because I took of that handle thing let me get a picture and show you guys what I'm talking about

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/breakxeggs/MR233.jpg

I need a riser rail so that I can mount that scope higher since its to big to fit on the rail thats really small...

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
My bad, I mean't the sight rail, but now I can clearly see what you mean't.

Do you happen to know the size/fitting of the SIGHT rail?

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Well, he said a 20mm is on the sight rail. The rail on the top of the gun is definately a dovetail. Not sure what the metric measure it, but it's approximately 11/16inch on the smaller end and 13/16inch on the larget end. Those measures didn't seem exact, so I'm betting it's metric. Sorry, I don't have something handy to measure millimeters. Damn...I knew shouldn't have gotten rid of that dial calliper!

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 07:39 PM
the rail in the picture that is circled is the 20mm rail and the handle on is WAY smaller its like in 1/32" inches, its in the between millimeters too... Thanks to my drafting skills and rules lol.

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Either way, I'm sure it has to be some standard size...at least I'd hope it was. Keep in mind the barrel shroud they already hit us with.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
there are two different sized dovetail mounts on this gun. The handle thing (part number 263 the sight rail) is smaller then the dovetail mounts on (part 269 the snap rail cover). The scope I bought only fits on the snap rail cover and I'm looking for a riser that will fit on the snap rail cover dovetails and also provide a rail the same size raised up off of the gun to mount the scope to. I emailed Special Ops about it to see if it would fit and hopfully I can get an answer about it tomarrow so i can order it for Saturday.

The sight rail has a measurement of something in the /32" range the one I'm looking for is like 3/4" or 20mm

shoot I just figured out that a 7/8" rail would fit... The bottem rail that I have my sight on is a 7/8" or a 20mm dovetail Weaver based sight rail I think I know my answer but I want to do alittle more research before I order. And if it does seem right I'll put it on my gun and take a picture for everyone to see my mod

spc_graves
06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
ok if you take the clamp (one side should come off) off of the bottom of the red dot site and flip it over and bolt it back on it should mount to the picatinny rail on the MR series marker.

breakxeggs
06-14-2006, 05:43 AM
I just tried what you are talking about its still to wide. The site is made to fit standard Weaver sized Rails (20mm;7/8") I can't mount it to the sight rail I have to take it off and mount it to the bottem rail. But I think I found what I needed to do this with, its for an Airsoft Gun but I think it'll fit.

new_Faction64
06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Have you found one yet Break Eggs?

breakxeggs
06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah I found like two... one made for actual guns and a couple made for airsoft guns. I think it'll work as long as its a standard Weaver rail.

new_Faction64
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
yeah I found like two... one made for actual guns and a couple made for airsoft guns. I think it'll work as long as its a standard Weaver rail.

OK, let us know when you buy one, if you do, and if it works.

breakxeggs
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm going to order it tomarrow along with a lense for my I3's and an HPA tank

breakxeggs
06-21-2006, 10:02 AM
This is the rail that I ordered, I know its really pricy but I figured I couldn't go wrong with a riser rail that was made for real guns. http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=2

Thanks to Solder of Fortune Magazine I found that sight... they might make some other crap that can fit on the MR2