PDA

View Full Version : Pounding on this gun

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I would like to know how rough you can be with this gun. Like if you can run and do a jump dive in to some cover if the gun will hold up without a problem... I'd like to know before this Saturday, the game plan I sturred up requires alot of diving and crawling to set up ambushes and other traps.

wylde01
06-05-2006, 02:51 PM
i would assume so unless you are like beating it into the ground or something like that! but i have not tried anything myself so i cant give a definite answer. what are you doing this saturday? sorry just wonderin!

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I would like to know how rough you can be with this gun. Like if you can run and do a jump dive in to some cover if the gun will hold up without a problem... I'd like to know before this Saturday, the game plan I sturred up requires alot of diving and crawling to set up ambushes and other traps.

I do not know personally, but here are some possible weak points:

-feedneck, and or elbow
-stock slot, if left open, can probably easily get stuff into it (no stock on)
-*grip frame* there is a small slit in the side grips, allowing possible debris to get in, they also don't seem to be super-sturdy
-barrel shroud, if your using a barrel that is smaller than the stock (in total diameter) it will leave room inside the barrel shroud, you may get crap in there

That's all I can think of off hand, thank god this gun is t-cocking, such a nice advantage IMO

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
i would assume so unless you are like beating it into the ground or something like that! but i have not tried anything myself so i cant give a definite answer. what are you doing this saturday? sorry just wonderin!

Being out numbered and playing capture the flag when there is a huge open hill that has like a 10 foot long natural trench on the top and I plan on getting ppl up there form the start and setting up a massive ambush.

wylde01
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
ahh i see! yes that would definately be a good thing to know when doin what ur gonna be doin, but the only true way to know is by actually doin it

Eric182
06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I dunno man, this gun is make almost entirely out of metal, except for the foregrip and stock. I can't think of any situation during game play where you could actually break this gun.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't think anything will happen to it because I know I'm not going to fall on the gun (that would hurt me more then the gun) but I'll have to let you all know how crawling around and diving and crap effects the gun.

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey Break, I have some input for you. Twice I have fallen with my gun, both times, the gun hit first. One time during speedball, I was bustin fast for a new bunker, tripped, gun hit first, slid a couple feet, and good to go. The gun landed flat though of course, as is the natural physiology of the situation. Second time, I was playing woodsball, running under fire, tripped on some brush, hands out and, of course, gun hits the ground first...ouch. After checking the gear, all was good, I didn't get shot, so I kept moving to a good bunkering position. Anyway, the point is, this gun can take a decent impact by my experience.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
alright I don't have any worries that this gun will survive anything that happens to it this saturday... I plan on playing my heart out lol

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Have fun buddy :)

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Have fun man!

Just watch the hopper/feedneck/elbow, that would seem to me the weakest part of the gun.

NextoN
06-06-2006, 06:36 AM
I though the MR series was totaly aluminum? Correct me if i'm wrong but it does not look like metal. Maybe it's mixed?

Highbinder
06-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Nex, I thought you had an MR2, or was it a 1? Anyway, it is definately metel. Not sure what metel/alloy it is exactly off the top of my head, but metel for sure. It just has a flat/semi-gloss finish, so it isn't as shiny as you might expect metel to be.

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
May be it is metal, I always hear that it's plastic, it's kinda hard to tell in person actually. I've also heard it's fairly weak. I have experienced no problems with it so far, but haven't used it much.