PDA

View Full Version : ???? LP PIlot ???

tampaimpact16
06-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I want to make my pilot acs lp. I need some parts to be recommended.
What bolt and regulator should i get?

Sandman_Bravo
06-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I got the Empire and it works great for me. Bandit Bolts rock too, you can get LP or HP.

tampaimpact16
06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
yeah i have seen you finished gun. it looks amazing.
how much did all those ups cost you? and also the macro line, i was looking at em on action village and it comes in 1 foot only, can you cut it down? or what

Sandman_Bravo
06-04-2006, 06:35 PM
See this guy for hose and lube.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2943

As for my totals on upgrades, I haven't added all of them up yet but it's gotta be over $300.

Raygun
06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Ya, i like that bandit bolt, but i don't know what regulator to get, i would also like to know!

onelove
06-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Where can you get the bandit lp bolt for a pilot??? Ive looked everywhere i know but no avail.

Sandman_Bravo
06-05-2006, 03:08 AM
There's a master list of stores on these forums. That should help with researching for suppliers, here's Bandit. They offer a valve + bolt combo deal at a better price so call & ask. They are very helpful & don't be afraid to ask questions; you wont be treated like a newb.

http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/home.php

http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/product.php?productid=727&cat=265&page=1

druid
06-05-2006, 12:16 PM
tampa...lose the ACS bolt because it won't convert well to LP. Don't ask...just trust me. Get a high flow, LP bolt like the Bandit suggested, AKA Lightening bolt or Sunbear Bolt and the other mods as suggested

Sandman_Bravo
06-05-2006, 12:48 PM
One thing to look for in a bolt is if the air hole is drilled on an angle or has a curve as it enters the bolt. I assume all aftermarket bolts do, but I've read about a mod for a stock bolt where a piece of carved wood is glued in place to give that transition. (it was probably at Otter's site; the go-to for answers)

tampaimpact16
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Im looking at the bandit bolt, and the AKA lightning bolt-

Which one is the better choice????
is the lightning bolt worth spending the money on

druid
06-05-2006, 05:43 PM
otter's site "project LP" has a review of all the bolts used (at the time) for LP projects and testing used to review them.

Halucin8
06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
y'all may think i am crazy but I started out with a brass eagle rainmaker. Expensive when it first came out 600-700 dollars. i played with it and worked on it for years. It got to a pain in the butt. Just give me something simple to work on upgrade and maintain now.

bungeye
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
hey wats the difference between the bandit bolt an my delrin acs bolt. on otters Project LP site the ACS bolt is 1 fps faster. so shoud i keep my delrin acs bolt or buy a bandit bolt

druid
06-06-2006, 12:43 AM
that tells you fps but not necessarily at LP...or more to the point...the level of LP you desire. I could be mistaken but it seems that the bolts were tested in the original HP set up.

To get LP, it has to have Orings. If yours does, you should be alright but if not...get one that does.

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 04:05 AM
The Bandit Bolt and valve combo is the cheapest I've found for the two items together, and the valve is compatible with the stock pin. Besides all that, I know it works. Read some other posts of people who have had problems with their selection of parts for a LP set-up. You don't want to waste money on a group of components that don't perform the way you would want them to.

http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/product.php?productid=727&cat=265&page=1

Halucin8
06-06-2006, 04:21 PM
hey sandman that link to the bolt and valve combo shows a bolt without o rings?? is that what you have?

bungeye
06-06-2006, 04:24 PM
yeah i cant find a bandit bolt that has o-rings. but is it necessary to have o-rings for LP, if so can i use a lathe and make wells for some o-rings on my delrin acs bolt?

druid
06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
yeah i cant find a bandit bolt that has o-rings. but is it necessary to have o-rings for LP, if so can i use a lathe and make wells for some o-rings on my delrin acs bolt?

you need the Orings to seal the upper tube.

You could lathe your own, if you know what you are doing. Have the Orings handy before you start...measure their thickness and cut a set of chanels about half the thickness (depth) of the Oring. One between the cocking pull knob and before the flow port, one just behind the flow port and one just in front. (there should be 2 behind the flow port and one in front. This directs the air into the flow port with minimal leakage.

look in the thread I created..."Store Feedback" and look up InsanePain sports. That's eaglelox's site and he makes delrin bolts with Orings. See what he can do for you....

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
no, I have the 0-ring model. next to it on the right, I think, is a drop down menu where you can select with or without o-rings and LP or HP. I think you'll be happy with that combo.

Just a side note: I was just target practicing and messing with the regulator, and turned it down to <125 psi before it started burping. Wow! It seems best at around 325 psi. I have a 3D plastic torso target my brother-in-law gave me, (he's a corrections officer & weapons trainer) and was shooting at it to break in the Alamo cupseal. That thing is so cool to shoot. The seal was leaking slightly so I dremmel polished the face of the valve and the bevel of the seal. It holds tight now.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0001.jpg

Sandman_Bravo
06-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I just thought of something else (while researching t-board & eyes) I haven't had a chop since switching to LP with this bolt. I've had barrel breaks, but not a chop.

Hob Hayward
06-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Probably that you have a better hopper?

Sandman_Bravo
06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
no, same hopper. I think it's like Otter said on the LP pages; pushing the ball with a burst of air rather than slapping it with a bolt and high pressure.

bungeye
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
i think im just gona stay with my delrin ACS, because on otters ste it says it performs goodin lp (not the best though) and 1 of the advantages with delrin is that you dont need orings.

tampaimpact16
06-10-2006, 07:46 PM
which part is gunna drop the pressure of my pilot the most???

And at what point is the pilot considerd LP?

Sandman_Bravo
06-11-2006, 12:16 AM
The regulator will drop the pressure. Any psi under 800 is technically LP since your operating at less than the original output. Although you can achieve very low pressures without re-cocking problems; you'll most likely find a sweet spot where you get the best gas economy, performance, and velocity.

Read Otter's site on LP!

tampaimpact16
06-11-2006, 01:04 PM
alright, but the regulator is just that little black peice under the barrel right? the one that screws off?

you said it drops the pressure by how much???

also i saw the sundragon striker, is it any good? it says it drops the psi by like 25... or is there a better one

killerpinecone
06-11-2006, 01:38 PM
heres a reg, http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/killerpinecone/?action=view&current=5733096a.jpg , its a bob long torpedo, good reg if you want to do lp, its also for sale right now your gun has a x- chamber i think, and you will also need a vavle, and a vertical adapter, i have everthing for sale if you want to but a lp setup, i have a aka tornado vavle, bob long torpedo, you problay wont want the cip assualt block i have,l if you have a pilot black would look better imo, what color is your pilot, black-red or black and blue

tampaimpact16
06-11-2006, 02:43 PM
blue black

wait.... the reg is just the little peice right?? well what is the thing u hold on to in the front called?? i want one that goes out at an angle with one of the pressure gauges, is that all part of the regulater?

killerpinecone
06-11-2006, 02:54 PM
the thing that goes down is a foregrip x-chamber but you will replace that with the piece i showed, the piece i showed you is a regulator

tampaimpact16
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
hmm il aim u about parts
mine is wake of delusion
so please respond

bungeye
06-11-2006, 04:41 PM
ok the thing you hold onto is the x-chamber (expansion chamber) this lets liquid co2 expand into a gas, the bit abovt it is the VA (vertical adapter) you can buy new ones of these that have greater airflow and that let you mount gages on. the bit connected to this at the front(just below the barrel) is the LPC(low pressure chamber) this is basically a extra place to store air. and/or let co2 expand more. now to drop your pressure below 800psi you need a rehgulator, this replases the x-chamber, and has a screw on it that lets you adjust the output pressure.

any other questions feel free to ask.

killerpinecone
06-11-2006, 05:05 PM
sent ya a pm

These are the parts you will need for low pressure

1) Regulator, such as the tornado, cp, stabilizer
2) Valve, Tornado, maddman, ndz hp
3) High flow Vertical adapter, such as the cip assault block or trinity block
4) a shockteck or 32 degrees spring kit
5) and a striker such as the dh titanium or nightstriker

And i have a Bob long torpedo, and a aka tornado, two good parts for 70 shipped, those are the two main parts for lp, hope i helped, thanks
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3927