PDA

View Full Version : Palmer Regulator Fitting Question

Slammed0
06-04-2006, 05:43 PM
So I am finally putting my Palmer Regulator on my Pilot. Well it won't screw on tight to the point where the airline will line up. The instructions say its ok loose, but I don't feel satisfied with that. It also mentions putting an O-ring there to keep it "tight". I wanted to know what you guys did that have aftermarket regulators. If you use an o-ring, what size did you use?

Sandman_Bravo
06-04-2006, 06:07 PM
No, I have an empire that comes out of the bottom. Can you put teflon tape on the threads to change the point at which it snugs up?

P.S. Dude, you have to change that avatar. I'm getting attracted to it and the whole thing weirds me out!

Slammed0
06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
No, I have an empire that comes out of the bottom. Can you put teflon tape on the threads to change the point at which it snugs up?

P.S. Dude, you have to change that avatar. I'm getting attracted to it and the whole thing weirds me out!

LMAO!!!! :lol:

As for the regulator, ya that is a good idea. I could try the teflon tape.

Halucin8
06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
you can also find a washer(thin) to go under the oring and that will change the line up also.

Slammed0
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Ya I actually found in my garage 2 different style o-rings. Both fit great, however, when you get it tightened the o-ring would just poof out and look kind of silly. So, I am now on a mission to just find a washer to work with it.

bungeye
06-04-2006, 07:37 PM
ok i think this is going to be a problem for me too. i alredy have an assult block and a stabliser on the way. so let me know hoe you fix the problem

Slammed0
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
ok i think this is going to be a problem for me too. i alredy have an assult block and a stabliser on the way. so let me know hoe you fix the problem

Ya I will. I just went to Home Depot with not much luck. I bought a few washers I am going to try. I will let you know. I know one thing, I wish they made these things easier to install! :lol: