PDA

View Full Version : How to Mod ACS Bolt?

new_Faction64
06-04-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=23831&postcount=31

Read the thread above, this guy talks of how he fixed his MR2 double feed problems. One item was he modded his ACS bolt to disable the ACS mechanism, because he suspected it of making the bolt fly back too far, causing two balls to feed in at once.

I myself have a faster loader too (Ricochet Apache 17+ BPS), and I keep having a chopping/double feed problem, I have the correct detents in. I tried PMing that guy, but have gotten no response. Does anyone have any ideas on how to mod the ACS bolt?

Pretty lousy knowing I'm going to need to void my 1-year warrenty because of Kingman's stupid ACS bolt...and also too bad their tech/customer support SUCKS.

NextoN
06-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Kingman is totaly aware of this problem. And you have an "on/off" option on the acs bolt so if your hopper is loading more then 18bps you will have no problem with chopping or that kinda thing so you can disable the bolt. You just take out the ACS and use your black allen key that you got with your mr2.
And find the one and only spot where you can use it and twist it around sometimes and then you have disabled the acs bolt.

Don't disable it if you don't have a fast hopper. A standard egg(like) me is not a good idea to disable it for.

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Kingman is totaly aware of this problem. And you have an "on/off" option on the acs bolt so if your hopper is loading more then 18bps you will have no problem with chopping or that kinda thing so you can disable the bolt. You just take out the ACS and use your black allen key that you got with your mr2.
And find the one and only spot where you can use it and twist it around sometimes and then you have disabled the acs bolt.

Don't disable it if you don't have a fast hopper. A standard egg(like) me is not a good idea to disable it for.

Awesome! Thanks so much Nexton, I'm so glad to know that there is a REAL solution to this problem! I'm phsyced to get my hands back on my MR2 next weekend.

I'm also curious if disabling the ACS will solve my recocking problem also.

Hambone
06-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Can someone post pictures of this process as I am a complete newb? Thanks

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Nex is talking about the thing that you can pull out from the rear of your gun if you take the sight rail and the cocker off. It's white plastic, has a spring inside and a nub off the top and bottom, one smaller than the other. There is a bolt that your black allen wrench fits in on the piece that the nubs are on. Personally, I have no need of disabling. I have a Viewloader VLocity like "breakxeggs" has on his MR2 and I have no chopping problems. Sorry I have no pic for ya.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Nex is talking about the thing that you can pull out from the rear of your gun if you take the sight rail and the cocker off. It's white plastic, has a spring inside and a nub off the top and bottom, one smaller than the other. There is a bolt that your black allen wrench fits in on the piece that the nubs are on. Personally, I have no need of disabling. I have a Viewloader VLocity like "breakxeggs" has on his MR2 and I have no chopping problems. Sorry I have no pic for ya.

hows that hopper working out for you? I love it SO much!

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
My hopper works great. No problems to mention. I love it.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 09:04 PM
sucks about how much it is though... I payed 130 for mine.. but in retrospect its well worth the money and I'm very happy about my purchase.

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Exactly, I payed roughly the same for mine, but if you figure the time it saves you from having to clean your marker between sets, it's well worth it.

Hambone
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I have Halo B and I did break a few balls on Sunday and also experienced double feed. I only use semi when I play and would like to try this mod and see what happens. Is there anyway to reverse if I do try it?

Highbinder
06-06-2006, 03:17 AM
If I'm understanding what Nexton is saying, it should be easily reversable. Probably self explanatory once you do it.

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 04:14 AM

You don't need to remove the sight rail nor the cocker to get the bolt out man...that's way, way, way too much work, just pull the pin, cock it, and kinda shake it out.

EDITED: for some odd spellings :D

Highbinder
06-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey, that will save me allot of time, thanks :)

Hambone
06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I found the piece you guys were referring to and made some adjustments. I turned the allen wrench counter clockwise a few turns but it felt like it was stripped more than anything. I will play this Saturday and let you know if that resolved my problems. Thanks again

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I found the piece you guys were referring to and made some adjustments. I turned the allen wrench counter clockwise a few turns but it felt like it was stripped more than anything. I will play this Saturday and let you know if that resolved my problems. Thanks again

Counter-clock? I haven't looked at it myself, but did that tighten it or loosen it? Is it some sort of latching mechanism (pin through hole thing), or does it stop the mechanism via a screw putting pressure on something?

Hambone
06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
It felt like it was releasing pressure somewhere. I can't tell you if it did anything as I am out of air until Saturday.

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
It felt like it was releasing pressure somewhere. I can't tell you if it did anything as I am out of air until Saturday.

Try manually moving the spring mechanism :rolleyes:

Highbinder
06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I tried to break down my ACS bolt, just for thorough cleaning purposed, that allen bolt on there was insanely tight. So tight in fact, that for fear of stripping it, I let it be, it wasn't really dirty anyway.
By the way, I always leave my sightrail off anyway, so I don't have to take it off. However, I tried the "jiggle" thing, and it did not work. The ACS bolt does not "jiggle" out on my gun. Wish it would, but no.

Eric182
06-08-2006, 09:12 PM
I tried to break down my ACS bolt, just for thorough cleaning purposed, that allen bolt on there was insanely tight. So tight in fact, that for fear of stripping it, I let it be, it wasn't really dirty anyway.
By the way, I always leave my sightrail off anyway, so I don't have to take it off. However, I tried the "jiggle" thing, and it did not work. The ACS bolt does not "jiggle" out on my gun. Wish it would, but no.

It's only on tight because it's glued in with red loc-tite, it will break open once you turn it counter-clockwise. Just re-tighten it back in afterwards, or loc-tite it back if you wish.

Also, try jiggling your gun and pulling the trigger while the gun is on with the barrel pointing upwards. It should fall right out.

new_Faction64
06-09-2006, 04:23 AM

Well it's more of a hard yank, you hold the gun so the barrel is pointing up, and have the gun cocked (NO AIR), and yank the gun up, so the bolt will come down through the holes in back. It's what I do at least.

Hambone
06-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Went and played today and it appears to have worked. I shot over 2,000 rounds and didn't experience a single break. Thanks again for posting this concept. I have a Halo B hopper just as an FYI.

new_Faction64
06-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Went and played today and it appears to have worked. I shot over 2,000 rounds and didn't experience a single break. Thanks again for posting this concept. I have a Halo B hopper just as an FYI.

So the disabling of the ACS bolt really worked? This is great news!

NextoN
06-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Well well good to hear..

new_Faction64
06-17-2006, 01:17 PM

Mine stripped today unfortunately, this really sucks cause now I need a new ACS bolt to disable :rolleyes: May be Alamo City PB will make an MR2 bolt soon.

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Kingman really needs to use a stronger material for such a small allen bolt. Mine has been working though, it saved me from 2 chops yesterday. I still had to stop and get the warped ball out of the chamber, but better than cleaning paint. I think my paint got too hot and was not feeding well.

new_Faction64
06-18-2006, 07:24 PM
For some reason my gun has stopped chopping as badly, and the recocking issues have disappeared...I'm happy!

I guess I won't change it after all, but may if I can get a new bolt.