PDA

View Full Version : Return to paintball -- Having some problems

SPYDER_ONLY
06-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Well 1st off I guess Im kinda new here, I was on the forums a while back before the change in looks but I got out of the game for a while. Now Im trying to get back into it but Im having some trouble out of one of my markers.

I have one of the original Semi-Auto blue Sonixs. The problem is that the marker wont re-cock itself, Ive checked everything I can and everything seems fine. The only thing that I havent checked is the valve body. The reason why is because I cant get it out.

I cant get it out because on the bottom of the body of the marker, where the front trigger frame screw goes into the body, the screw has pushed into the bottom tube and pushed some of the metal up into it. This has caused the valve body to be blocked when trying to remove it.

I dont have access to any milling machines or anything but I do have a Dremel, would it hurt the body to be a little scuffed up if I take a Dremel to it to grind down the metal thats blocking it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help, I know this place helped me alot a few years ago so Im sure it will again.

Skidds
06-07-2006, 11:02 AM
The valve will not prevent a marker from re-cocking itself...... so you cant get the trigger frame off the marker right? pull off the front VA block and check out the valve pin and spring if you suspect the valve being bad.

druid
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
replace the red O-ring on the striker with an OEM ring.

SPYDER_ONLY
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I can remove the trigger frame, along with everything else except the valve body. I just thought it might be the problem since everything else seemed to be in good shape.

I have some extra o-rings around so Ill try replacing that one and also checking what you suggested.

Thanks for the help.

SPYDER_ONLY
06-10-2006, 06:43 PM
ok now when i put on the co2 tank it sounds like its coming out of the barrel.

Whats up with that? :confused:

druid
06-10-2006, 10:37 PM
cupseal or bolt Orings......and make sure you cock the bolt back before airing up

SPYDER_ONLY
06-11-2006, 11:47 AM
ok, thanks. Ill have to buy some bolt o-rings but I have an extra cup seal so Ill try it.