PDA

View Full Version : iPod help

~shocktheman~
06-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey guys do you know if you can put music video's from your dvd's on an iPod video? I really wanted to put an "At the Drive In" video on mine, but I can't figure out how to do it. When I put the disc in it doesn't pop up on the side menu thing in iTunes. If anyone else has ever done this then help a fellow kusa'r out huhh.

Nader
06-03-2006, 11:04 AM
There's a program for ripping DVD's movies into iPod format....but I forget where to find it.
If I do find it it I'll edit in a minute.....

colonel_moo
06-03-2006, 12:38 PM
i use "Jodix free ipod video converter." search for it on download.com

you may have to already have ripped the DVD to your computer to use it though, i donno ive never actually put a DVD on there. if you do, you can use DVD decrypter for that.

~shocktheman~
06-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I know my dad has a DVD shrink program for putting DVD's on rewriteable discs. Maybe he can shrink portions into mp3 format.

phatphil
06-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I bet you $10 Google knows how to do it, and he will tell you for free.

colonel_moo
06-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I know my dad has a DVD shrink program for putting DVD's on rewriteable discs. Maybe he can shrink portions into mp3 format.

DVD shrink is amazing... thats what i used to use to rip DVDs to more resonable sizes. its not MP3 though, thats just for sound files. i think the ipod used MPEG4 or something like that for videos. and DVD shrink wont convert to MPEG4, it just rips it to an ISO i think. you'll have to use another program to convert it.

~shocktheman~
06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Ya thats what I'm learning now, I guess I need both. The shrinker and the converter.