PDA

View Full Version : MR1 vs. TL-R

Triple xXx
06-03-2006, 05:51 AM
I was thinking about getting the MR1 or the TL-R Sniper package with the 16" barrel.

I was not sure which marker to go with. I've read where the TL-R does not chop paint much at all but the barrel is just average.

Don't know much about the MR1's or the MR2's. I would rather not pay the big bucks for a Tipmann A-5. I think that I can find a marker for less that is just as good.

Spyder TL-R review: http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3189/

Hob Hayward
06-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Eh, they're basically the same gun really, MR1 has a side feed and a stock so its more milsim, but really both guns will perform the same.

Frat
06-03-2006, 07:48 AM
AS an MR1 owner I would say MR1 but you have to make the call. For Woodsball the MR1 is the best bang for the buck.

Triple xXx
06-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Eh, they're basically the same gun really, MR1 has a side feed and a stock so its more milsim, but really both guns will perform the same.

The TL-R Sniper Kit was $160 including mask, tank etc. (don't need). The MR1 was $99 at Wal-Mart.

Now......It is my interstanding that the TL-R can use Co2 AND nitrogen right out of the box. Can you do that with the MR1 do you know?

oldnewb
06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I believe the MR1 can use both Co2 and HP, dunno about Nitrogen. I don't know how good the TL-R is, but my understanding is that most Spyders perform about the same, until you start messing with aftermarket parts. I own an MR1, and I can say I'm pretty happy with it... can't wait to see how it'll perform with an aftermarket barrel though...

Frat
06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
The MR1 can use both CO2 or HPA. As stock HPA needs to run about 800 to 850 PSI but not exceed 900PSI. You can mod it out as easy as any of the other Spyders. Mine shoots reliably and accurately at 400PSI.

ooglieboogliebob
06-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I believe the MR1 can use both Co2 and HP, dunno about Nitrogen. I don't know how good the TL-R is, but my understanding is that most Spyders perform about the same, until you start messing with aftermarket parts. I own an MR1, and I can say I'm pretty happy with it... can't wait to see how it'll perform with an aftermarket barrel though...

Compressed air and Nitrogen are the same thing ... look at a chart of the airs in our atmosphere ... 78% is nitrogen ... ya kno ??

killerpinecone
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I have a tl-r and it owns, even tho its for sale in the b/s/t its a good gun, with a accurate stock barrel

Triple xXx
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I have a tl-r and it owns, even tho its for sale in the b/s/t its a good gun, with a accurate stock barrel

I think that the Pilor and the TLR are the same except that the Pilot is an E marker.