PDA

View Full Version : A few interesting WIKI's

claustrophobia9
06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
ok guys, in spanish class we head to a "language lab" (computer lab with microphones and stuff) and my teacher sucks with computers so while she is writing down a 300 charicter URL (and getting it wrong) instead of linking to it through the computers so we read wikis all class long. today we found some VERY interesting wiki's that i thought you might like, one may seem offensive, but really when you read it, it is kind of interesting, in a wierd "hmm thats not what i thought this was" kind of way even though you still think it is wierd.

here is one: transhumanism (awarded for nuetrality and completeness, was a featured article)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism
its about cyborg people. some names you want to notice... FM-2030(rofl) and the Huxley brothers (a game named after them for x360...)
kind of interesting set of beliefs, i never knew that i was partially transhumanistic

here is the one that may offend people, so you dont really have to look at it ill just post what i thought was interesting. long story short i found it from the URBAN LEDGENDS wiki, which called a whale a leviathan, so i looked at LEVIATHAN wiki (means whale in hebrew, but other things) then clicked the leviathan number, which linked to the infamous article... SATANISM, no im not a satanist, but i read it and found one particular part interesting because of how humanlike it sounded, even though you think of satanists as crazy freaks that kill all sorts of people but the last part sort of flips in the opposite direction, i wont link to the article cuz its against my values to spread a whole thing that i dont believe in like that so you can find it yourself:

"He further outlined 11 Satanic rules, which while not exactly a moral code, provide Satanists with general guidelines for living:

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food...."

ok so those dont sound so unreasonable, sure you might not be so fun to be around if you followed those rules, but still just like a ton of people already, but here is what just made me crack up, the last rule:

"11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."

rofl

NINJA EDIT: caffeine... mmm here she is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

disclaimer: i dont want to start a religious debate, just linking to interesting/funny/good wikis, none of these links are necessarily my beliefs nor do you need to accept them. please do not take offense, i just wanted to share some worthless info. more articles (hopefully less religious/sacreligious/whatever) to come later on. will update.

Moe
06-02-2006, 07:49 PM
lol @ the satanic rules. I've read those before. Some of them make me lawl.

marvin-martian
06-03-2006, 05:39 AM
hahaha, destroy him!!

claustrophobia9
06-03-2006, 06:40 AM
im glad you guys werent totally freaked out or offended, i was really questioning this like maybe fivemin after i posted.

treat him cruely and destroy him are the only things that would give those rules away.

*EM1-Master*
06-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Do not harm little children.
Once they're above 7, they're fair game :)

claustrophobia9
06-03-2006, 08:24 AM
number 10 doesnt include humans so i guess its fine, just make sure you ask them to stop, after that feel free to treat them cruely and without mercy until you destroy them.

and remeber guys: wait for the mating signal.

im still looking for some more good wiks

Moe
06-03-2006, 09:28 AM
how exactly do you go about "destorying" someone??? lol. From now on im definitely gonna tell people that ill destory them. rather than kill them.

phatphil
06-03-2006, 05:51 PM
how exactly do you go about "destorying" someone??? lol. From now on im definitely gonna tell people that ill destory them. rather than kill them.
Ya you destory his ass :dodgy:.

Haha just playin with ya moe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grill_%28jewelry%29

I want a cosmetic dental metal apparatus. :dodgy:

Moe
06-04-2006, 08:14 AM
ill destory you mother ****er.

claustrophobia9
06-04-2006, 08:19 AM
faraday cage: the reason why an emp wouldnt take out everything people think it would, most likely an emp couldnt even break a car ECU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

and one of my favorites: the paradox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes

heres my invented paradox: "Patience is a virtue that not many have time to master" (because it implies that patience requires patience to master, so in order to learn something you must already know it...)

and i found a paradox for the person who upped their ion to the max: its called "Theseus's paradox" and the ion would be reffered to as a "Theseus Ship", here is the 'dox:
"The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned [from Crete] had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their place, insomuch that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same."

Paraphrased, if the entire ship was replaced, piece by piece, would it be, in the end, the same ship?

claustrophobia9
06-25-2006, 11:09 AM
ok so its an old thread, but why make another if i made the original... here she is, my mind is on the break of overload... this next one took a few reads. its a very good wiki, and i thought it was worth it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealism

the link in the wiki for hypocrisy was much better than the wiki, you can read it if you'd like but the dictionary is probibly better:

http://www.hardcoretruth.com/Hypocrisy/

the main page is kinda wierd in a psychopathic way that just tickles me, but may be a little too much though in one day for others.

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html interesting.... not a wiki... actually pbs.... :dodgy:

Team Ramrod
06-26-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html interesting.... not a wiki... actually pbs.... :dodgy:

Hey cool, I watched those about a year ago. I was only in Gr10 when i did and hadnt taken physics yet so i didnt get most of the concepts, now that i have taken gr11 physics i get more of the theorys but some are still to adavnced. A good watch though, I even noticed my Physics teacher w/ a copy on his desk and we discussed it, was amazed i was watching it at my level and comprehending it. Though he did say i have a vast knowledge of nothing, i knew stuff about things that would never be of any use.

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i like it, the quantum mechanics is a bit iffy on my set of beliefs. i believe that nothing is actually based on probibility and everything is based on reality. you can tell me there are * "possible" outcomes for something... but the reality of the situation is that only one will inevitably occur at the instant that is being reflected upon. the fact is that every situation is based on a set of rules, and quantum mechanics states that there are no rules, only coincidence, chance, chaos. yet i believe that a failure to find consistancy in results is not a failure of the theory but a failure of the theorizer. just because you cannot find a rule does not mean it does not exist. im on hour 2 since i spent time arguing with my dad over it while my mom was slightly confused and unable to follow our distant logic. forgive me if you are reading this around 11est pm on the 26th because i am continually updating this...

i believe that there are serious flaws in many theorys, and allthough scientists care to believe that we can comprehend all the rules of our universe, i believe that some of them are definately far harder to comprehend than they are made out to be, the simpler something becomes the more complicated it becomes to understand. by following a simple set of questions i have been able to make my own set of beliefs that dont neccessarily reflect any religion that i know of.

the big bang:
i believe that science can tell us what happened "in the beginning" far better than the bible, after my study of scriptures last year. i believe that it is incredibly "likely" (although nothing is probible, only real) that this big bang created the universe AS WE KNOW IT, and i emphasize that because, the fact is still there, this explosion does NOT mark the beginning of time, but more of the beginning of what we can understand from the time we are in, looking back. if the theory is indeed true, how does one explain how the large ball of matter began to exist... and not just that, but the space it exists in, the seemingly endless area that has no identity but "space". how did that come to be? the big bang IS NOT a theory of creation, but instead a theory of history. i do believe in a devine "overseer" or "supreme being" that one may call a god, and i do believe many teachings of christianity (and possibly other religions that i unfortunatly do not know much about). i believe that "God" as christianity describes it/him/her is not a "person" or "being" as artists and story tellers like to make it/him/her out to be, but instead somthing that is far beond describabilty. i believe in an endless chain of world within world, existance within existance. unfortunatly to some my credibility will go from little to none when i mention this but, the existance we know, i believe is similiar to that in the popular science fiction movie "the matrix" where humans were being contained in a virtual reality of sorts. but i, unlike the matrix do not believe in a definate way that we have been put there, whether it be by our own machines, or beings that we cannot understand. nor do i believe we are directly "plugged in" but instead that somewhere in our existance that takes place, whether we are directly in it or the being that created our existance, a direct "god" (lowercase, note that for later on) is in this "matrix" of sorts. i do not believe that it neccesarily matters who is right about which entitiy controls us, or if we are all right, or if none of us are right, yet at the same time, i KNOW it matters. the fact is that we live in the existance created by that being or race that has us within their creation, and we live by their rules, similar to how those in the world of a game live by the rules of the server. it is important that we live by the rules because we are in that existance, but the fact is that we may never know. i believe that as many great historians say "history repeats itself" and through this we can see that it is likely thta whatever entity controls us is also within an existance, forever continuing. we may be the millionth or billionth or even smaller in the line of creation, but the fact is that we will continue to create for all eternity, and our creations will create, and so on and so forth, so whichever "god" we believe created our existance is partially meaningless, because that entity was created by the infinate existance, which similar to christian teachings, "created in its own image". and a simple math problem will show that under this force of existance, another great truth will come forward. we are * in the line of creation, say you are selfish and you believe there is no god (atheism), then you believe you are the ultimate creator, and that we are the first in the chain by a "mircale" 1/infinity, the fact is that 2/infinity is just as large as 1/infinity. therefore if we were to creat an alternate reality, such as virtual reality, although we control them, we are still equal in the "eyes" of existance. not everything that has a beginning has an end.

if anyone understands that, tell me, it will make my day.

edit3: my "theory" is very odd, because it encompasses very conflicting thoughts, because things can de important and unimportant at the same time, and people can be right and wrong at the same time. i believe that christians could be COMPLETELY wrong in their acuastions of "who/what is our creator" but the fact is that i believe they are still very correct in describing the force of existance. existance is their GOD, yet they have looked too close to find their GOD, and only find themselves. if you really take a look at the "teachings of jesus" (i quote that because they were taught then repeated by scribes hundreds of years later, so we cant actually know) you'll see that they have teachings of a society that is a truely bound community. true ideas of communism, but without flaws, there is two simple facts that exist about communism; 1. with it everyone is equal, and 2. disregard one if anyone thinks only of themselves. if everyone would just allow 2, not to exist, and would stop living in a self satisfied world, communism would not be a government that controls, but a people with control over reality. people don't seem to comprehend one simple fact and act on it in a rational way, every single one of them WILL die, but a community can live forever, if you are able to serve a community that lasts forever, you can achieve far more than serving yourself who dies. i know to alot of people what i said will not be read the same way as i meant for it to sound, so before you start bickering, please ask me to clarify, so that i am not accused of heresy, or falsehood. and there is no need to tell me of my hipocrisy, because i am fully aware of it.