PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin out a new rodeo

Jessman512
06-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Hello all! :)

I've been out the the pb world for some time, but I'm gonna start hitting the field again and setup a team with some friends.

I've brought myself up to speed so to speak with the new equipment and obviously I'm getting a spyder to customize the hell out of it!

I'm looking to make a hybrid between these two pimped rodeo's below:

http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?product=2313&photo=5922

http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?product=2313&photo=5917 (minus the silencer)

My List thus far:

*Green Spyder Rodeo
*Trinity Spyder CAR Stock with RVA
*Swat Force 1x32 Adjustable Red Dot Sight
*E-Hopper - maybe just agitating?
*20 Oz CO2 PMI On/Off Tank w/ Dye Tank Cover
*Upgrade Barrel - 14'' J&J perhaps..which would u guys recommend?
*Bolt upgrade - shocktech? aluminum ACS? AKA lightning? just mod the stock? (no delrin)

The scope will sit slighty raised to the left side very similar to the first photo (much like the old nintendo super scope if anyone remembers :D )

I don't care to go eframe since to me sheer ability to toss out balls is no substitute for skill, and 5 bps is more then enough. But i want something that performs as well close quaters as it does in the woods, med to long range.

I'll give it a good trigger job and mod the bolt if i stay stock. So far im totalling about $250 with a cap of $300. As far as design and parts what will i need to mount the scope properly as i expect and will the stock simply install or are other parts required?

Spring kits? Perhaps a CP reg later on...

Thanks guys let me know and all suggestions welcome! :cool:

pman15
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
yup the 14 inch j&j 14"is a good way to go with barrels.but as for the 20 ounce on/off tank those things are a bit more commplex.they can be more dangerous.why not just go for a regular 20 ounce tank?it really doesn't make your life any easier with the on/off switch.but anyways,u should switch to hpa after a while of using c02.i recommened at least a 68/4500 size tank.

Frat
06-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I love it when people advertise that they are Felons. Paintball silencers will get you jail time. Anyway look at getting a zip kit. it will turn your mechanical Rodeo into and electro-pnuematic marker for about $100. I think that a 14 inch barrel is too long. With 10"-12" you can get the same velocities with a shorter more manueverable length.

pman15
06-03-2006, 08:41 AM
14" inch barrels are perfect accuracy,don't go over 16 though or your gun will be a c02 or gas hog.{means it will take your gun more c02 or hpa to shoot so 14"inch is right in the middle.

Jessman512
06-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Zip kits are good i may go that direction, but not at least initially.

I want to try a mech spyder im not worries about the ROF cap of 5bps..