PDA

View Full Version : what do regulators do???

riles
06-02-2006, 11:05 AM
What is the purpose of a regulator on a paintball gun? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks!

vikingshadow
06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Regulators regulate the amount of air that is released into your gun for each shot. Sometimes guns need a lot less air than the standard 800 psi, so a regulator can be used to lower the psi going into your guns. Even with the psi of a gun around 800 or so, the regulator can make it so it uses the exact same amount of air each time the valve moves and lets air into the gun. With the consistant amount of air released into the gun, your gun will be more consistant and with the same amount of air each time, you know where your shot is going.

There are very few disadvantages to having a regulator. The only I could think of were the initial cost of a reg which is sometimes pretty high, and that you have to maintain them. To me, the advantages FAR outweigh the disadvantages to having them...

Slammed0
06-02-2006, 02:50 PM
What kind of maintanance do regulators require since you brought it up? Thanks!

bungeye
06-02-2006, 03:19 PM
just lube and oiling them, and occasinaly replacing o-rings.

Slammed0
06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Cool. I will keep that in mind. I will do it after every game, that way I can take it apart and not get oil on/in the gauge above it.

bungeye
06-02-2006, 05:14 PM
you dont need to do it that often. just put about 3 drops of 3-in-1 oil into the ASA before you gas it up and it will be sweet. this will work for MOST reg.