PDA

View Full Version : Computer guys wanted

xtraking
06-02-2006, 04:53 AM
Okay i got a few questions. Wel i have an emachines t2080 and i guess its about 4 years old now. I have in no way cleaned anything over the years so dust probably is the answer but... My pc has been getting louder latley and now its always loud, could this be due to over heating and always having the fan to cool it? I saw a picture on some wbesite and it was the frnt of the pc covered with dust and under it, it said it could speed and queit your pc if you cleaned it. So am i reading crap or is that right? If so how do i take the frotn cover off the pc? Sorry if its confusing cus im sure it is haha.

Thanks,
Dave

Chris Cole
06-02-2006, 04:55 AM
It may be one of your cooling fans going out. I've got a fan that's been trying to throw a bearing for about 7 years now, don't sweat that. If the noise stops, that's bad. It could possibly be a hard drive going, but if that's the case there's nothing you can do.

It won't hurt anything to pop the case and blow out the dust with some compressed air.

xtraking
06-02-2006, 05:40 AM
i dusted the whole thing and still got the loud noise. hmm

DFSniper
06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
if its a really fast whirring sound, then its probably the hard drive. its really hard to tell unless youre actually experiencing it.

xtraking
06-02-2006, 06:58 AM
nah its just a loud sound that sounds like a big fan or something.

DJ Katt RMX
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
check all the fans, like the powersupply and the heatsink cooling fan for the processor. i say hope for the best and it be only a fan, because it will be that or the harddrive/ replace the fans or buy another harddrive and backp up your good stuff, or all of it.

*EM1-Master*
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Replace the fans.... If the fan's got a bearing, it's a good bit past the end of its expected life. If it's got a bushing, it's about that time too...

ooglieboogliebob
06-02-2006, 11:39 AM
use a vacuum cleaner ... with one of those crazy utencils that allow you to get in deaper and even scrub it ...

Make sure no wires are near the fan to make it hit and make annoying sound ...

Go with the responses ^^ too