PDA

View Full Version : Whoooo Hoooo! First pic!

vikingshadow
12-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, I've been a very busy boy this week....look what I just bought!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Angel04speed.jpg

Angel 04 Speed......I've been looking for a new gun - shoot it's almost been a year since I got a new one. Guess how much I paid for it?

250.00 bucks, SHIPPED! Gonna keep my Shocker company in the gear bag that's for sure. Think I've become an Oh-Fishal gun hoarder now...

Drefish99
12-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Nice Vike :D
Does it have ACE? If not let me know. I just got my IR3 done and got a great deal on it. ACE milling and 2nd detent milling. Welcome to the Angel family. I'm sure you will enjoy it once you get it up and shooting ropes.

Ares
12-28-2005, 04:58 AM
250, i wish i could find deals like that

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 05:37 AM
This one fell in my lap. I opened up the Shockerowner forums, and the guy had JUST put the post up. One other person mentioned they wanted it before me, but I'm on break so I had time to really pm the guy and talk to him about it.

Dre - as far as ACE, it's TOTALLY stock right now. I'd love to get eyes in that baby because quite honestly, after reading all day long yesterday, I'm comfabooolezeled on the whole Angel thing.....Eyes seem so much easier....

I've come a long ways from the 200.00 Sonix, huh? Now THAT's funny - my sonix cost as much as my angel....

QAZ123
12-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Whoa that is nice Vike! I enjoyed my Angel while I had it! JB.

Drefish99
12-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Vike here (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1322461) is the review and the work done for me by Warpedmephisto (his site - http://www.warpedairsmithing.com/) I highly recommend his work. I used a Predator II board but for a cost effective board I recommend picking up a Tboard for lets say a Primal or one of his other boards that work on solinoids as those should work also. :)

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Ok, so how much did it cost? I assume that he drills holes and sets it up for the eye covers you specified? Or was it all pretty generic, you know, just tell him what board you have?

I don't have the gun in hand yet. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. I'm really at a loss as to what to do with the thing...they seem a lot more complicated than my Shocker. I have A LOT or research to do on this beast yet...

QAZ123
12-28-2005, 08:15 AM
There actually pretty simple once you get used to them. Maintenance on them is quite simple! Just read up on them and it will be a piece of cake!

Heck mine had an Intimidator *** board in it with eye's installed. Was gonna put a newer board but sold it before that! JB.

Drefish99
12-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Honestly I paid $65 all together with shipping for his "Do it yourself" ACE install. I donno how much he will charge others but compared to the going rate from other sites he is the cheapest and most cost effective. His work was well done esp. the new intigrated custom switch plate. Other Angel companies were charging close to $350 for board and ACE install. Throughout all my research with Angels and learning a lot about them.... Ready?

Angels are set it forget it guns. :D Once they are shooting right you never have to touch them again. Maybe a little Love juice every now and then. I have also learned that Angel owners have to be one of the laziest players. They don't do anything for themselves or want to learn how to take care of their markers themselves. That is why all these companies like TAG and fixmyangel are so lucrative. :dodgy:

DexGtr
12-28-2005, 09:28 AM
damn you vike...and i paid $299 for my ION :eek:

hehe enjoy the angel...when you get tired of it let me know..:cool: :D

*EM1-Master*
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I've been thinking about picking up an Angel for a while... Might do it soon... Idunno... You shot it yet, Vike?

Drefish99
12-28-2005, 09:39 AM
I don't have the gun in hand yet. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. :dodgy: Please read 2k5er :p JK bro You know I love you. Love you like I wanna sell you car insurance. Not the other love. :D

durrell
12-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Nice vike, black Angels are definitely the hottest. I had an 05 but it's sitting in a Pennsylvania post office right now after a trade that went wrong..:thumbdown:

TheRedBarron
12-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the darkside. You will love ACE once you get it, and it is definatly worth it, I <3 Angels.

03TiburonGT
12-28-2005, 10:46 AM
wow, thats one of the sickest deals I've seen. Let us know if it is $50 better than the Sonix! haha

DJ Katt RMX
12-28-2005, 11:13 AM
angels smack ions

zus
12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Nice gun man and amazing price

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys! I'm totally stoked about this thing. I wish I had it right now, even though I can't shoot it until I get a LP tank...:mad:

That sounds like a great deal, even at twice that, Dre. So, does he include a board and eyes with that, or is it just the machining they do?

bigred76
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Vike, nice find. If I see one of these when I have money in hand in a little while here, I might pick one up like you did...:)

EDIT: Damn 2k5er luck, Vike. :smirk:

claustrophobia9
12-28-2005, 01:35 PM
its like karma or something....

ttink
12-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Wow, this is what we come back to. Honestly Vike, i was expecting a DM of some sort, but thats an awesome deal!

TheRedBarron
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Vike there is a mod you can do to allow it to use HP check out www.angelowners.com you should be able to find it there.

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I've been going there but can't seem to find it OR get help...only thing I've found out is that:

#1 - I need to get a new bolt (Angel LCD or A4 Universal - soft face), Volumizer kit
Angel force MT Trigger
on/off ASA (duh! As if I would ever own a gun without one ever again! :rolleyes: )
Newton Evolve Kit
Get it flied....

#2 - that Angel IR3's use high pressure, and 04 Speeds use low pressure - nothing about 04 speeds

#3 - that 04 Speeds came out BEFORE 04's.....go figure

and #4 - that in 6 months, everything on the newest Angel becomes obsolete and almost impossible to either afford or find to replace....

It's like pulling teeth getting help either there OR at PBnation....but I'll figure it out.

ShadowX
12-28-2005, 06:25 PM
sweet find vike, looks like you will have a even NICER angel on your hands once you get the ACE installed. and man 250 is a steal. also its pretty funny how u payed 200 for your sonix and 250 for your angel. shows how much you have learned since then, lol.

GL with the angel though, they are really nice markers.

DyNasty9
12-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow, this is what we come back to. Honestly Vike, i was expecting a DM of some sort, but thats an awesome deal!
ya i was expecting a DM, for vike. after you've shot that and your shocker let us know which one you think shoots better.

claustrophobia9
12-28-2005, 06:50 PM
maybe you should ask someone who's friend uses an 03 speed? my friend uses a centerflag preset from 3a (the ebay company) on his 03 speed and it works fine, id assume its high pressure because it worked on a spyder and autococker.

oh, number 4 is extremely true, you might as well just ask doc to make a better part if something breaks. it ussually takes longer for dm's because they only have 1(per company) that comes out a year, angel is like 3(4 cuz of the gat)

chubb0rz
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Ok, i have noticed that alot of people have been having problems with their hp tanks on speeds and a4's. And i keep telling them the same thing. There is a mod you can perform, to make your mini reg able to use hp tanks and have no problems. It is a simple mod that takes about 10 minutes tops. I reccomend it to anyone who has a hp tank, who wants to get a lower velocity, or better performence.

Tools Needed:
Circlip Pliers, you can pick them up at your local hardware store. (Some companies call them Snap Ring Plyers)

Step 1:
Take off your mini reg, and take the circlip out. The circlip is a circular clip that you will see when you look down the mini reg.

Step 2:
Once the circlip is out of the mini reg, take a rag, or anything that will reduce scratches to the mini reg. And put it over the hole and hit it against a table until the internals come out.

Step 3:
When the internals are out, you will see the springs, (they are black.) take the springs off the metal piece. And arrange them so they go facing 2 down, 2 up, 2 down. (())((

Step 4:
You are done Put the mini reg back together and your gun will be able to shoot under 300 fps with a hp tank.

Note: This mod has been approved by an angel tech. In fact, Bob from TAG originally posted how to do this at automags.org awhile back. This mod was done with a hp pmi tank. This mod works with 800 output tanks, i am not sure if it works with any lower.

This mod works on 03-04 Speeds, A4's and Fly A4's.

there ya go vik

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 07:40 PM
PERFECT!!!! That's what I was looking for. Excellent for me....but it may have cost Durrell a sale on a tank. That's ok, I'll still get my other angel stuff from him!

bamf-hacker
12-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice marker Vike....

HacKeR

Santy
12-28-2005, 09:19 PM
looks nice, i like the color, but angels never really floated my boat, w/e u like i guess

Sac
12-29-2005, 03:14 AM
imo angels are useless with ACE so id get that asap, from my experience there too fast NOT to have ACE on there. i never really liked any of the angels i used tho, hope you have better luck with this vike.

ricochet08
12-29-2005, 10:28 PM
very nice there bub :)

geeZus
12-29-2005, 11:30 PM
I liked my 04 Speed I had. Only thing I didn't like was the Sensi crap. I just turned it off and set my ROF to something under the loader speed, so I wouldn't chop. I used a Yeggy, and never chopped with it st at 15bps, and thats plenty. If I got an "older" Angel, it would be a IR3 Fly, and I'd throw a 05 *45 Frame on it. I saw a Rasta Fly with one and it looked sweet.

vikingshadow
12-30-2005, 06:50 AM
So, that answers another question I had about chopping and eyes. I use my Reloader B on second setting, so if I find out what actual speed that is, I can physically set the ROF on the board this gun has to something lower than that, and I should be ok? Anyone know off hand what the cap is on this gun?

Comes today! Whooot! I'm so excited!

phatphil
12-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Great deal you got there, with eyes it will be pimpin!

HITMAN
12-30-2005, 09:22 AM
wow its so hot

vikingshadow
12-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, I got it today! And, I'm thinking it was an ok deal, not super great, but ok.

First thing I noticed is that this thing has been used - quite a bit! It had several scratches and dings in it - probably because it's dust coated...But it had dirt in just about every nook and cranny. That doesn't sit well with me, since my guns are always gleaming. 2nd thing I noticed is that I was spoiled with the weight of the shocker. This was a bit heavier. Nothing serious, just noticeable.

I had to charge it, because it was completely dead. When I finally figured out how to do it, I got it going - had to charge in my car, because it only has a car charger. No worries, though! Took 4 hours to get a complete charge. In the meantime, I went out to find some snap ring pliers to work on the mini-reg, and a strap wrench to take the feedneck off.

When I got home, I did the minireg mod, which DID NOT work. I can't get the thing lower than 325 fps. Grrrrrrrrrrr....so it looks like I'll be ordering a tank from Durrell soon!

Next thing I noticed was the feedneck. It wasn't in tight, and I noticed it looked glued in. Uh oh! First thought, stripped threads. Now, were they stripped on the feed neck or the gun? I can't even get it started into the gun, and when I look at the threads on the feedneck, they look like they've been mashed down. My wife thinks it looks pretty stripped, however, I talked to the previous owner, and he says they aren't - but in his defense, he's very willing to work with me on this. Since the threads in the gun look ok, looks like Durrell is getting some more of my money!

After all that, I spent about an hour cleaning it up and using the Anno Stick (Black Sharpie - blame dre - he came up with it and I stole it from him! LOL!) So now it looks up to my standards somewhat...Looks really good!

Interesting, the Opto trigger. It has a funky feel, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. The thing does rip - and that's while holding onto my hopper/feedneck with one hand. I'm going to hold off on the pics until I get the parts I'm ordering. That way, it'll be set up just perfect!

chubb0rz
12-30-2005, 08:43 PM
vik did you mess with any settings as to have it chrono lower?

vikingshadow
12-30-2005, 09:19 PM
No, I was a little nervous without knowing exactly what was what yet with the gun. I suppose I could lower the dwell a little. But to get it that much slower, I'd probably have to lower it WAY down... But as far as any other settings to affect speed, I think that's about all there is. I have modes, which is bps (I think), battery, dwell and Sensi. Then there's this s-level indicator that never lights up, so i assume it's not anything on this gun.

I haven't completely gone through the manual yet (it's 46 pages long, for crying out loud!) So good thing there's pictures! :cool:

geeZus
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
The manuals are very nice, read through it.

Try these settings:

LPR - 70psi
Dwell - 12
HPR - set it for FPS.

The gun is capped at 31 with Sensi on, 21 with it off I believe. I'd turn it off and set the ROF at 17bps. That should get you no chops and plenty of speed.

vikingshadow
12-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Sounds cool. Question though is how do I set the LPR? I just got up and too lazy to read the manual right now...

paintballer5646
12-31-2005, 09:04 AM
I never was a fan of older angels but at 250 that's a steal. Good luck with it.

Pure-Evil
12-31-2005, 11:42 PM
I purchased my 04 dust blue speed for 250.. almost the best 250 i spend on a gun. the only thing that was wrong with it was the trigger was a little screwy on it but for 250 i couldn't pass it up. even threw in a halo for 50 anda pair of NIB profilers for another 50. so it really wan't a bad purchase You will love it if you havn't received it yet. the sensi is a little crappy but ACE is the way to go i have it on my 02 lcd angel with the demon board and i love it.

vikingshadow
01-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Yay! I lowered the dwell to 12 and now it shoots around 290 fps. Flucuated to 300 and down to about 278, so not the best as far as consistancy goes, and I'm sure there's going to be efficiency problems as well.

I haven't messed with the LPR - still haven't gutted up to tearing into it yet and figuring it out. The more I play with this thing, the more I like it!

chubb0rz
01-01-2006, 10:45 AM
see see! lol i figured you hadnt lowered the dwell. I'd say you would have to read up more on settings (not just board but pressure and such) on pbn or angel-owners.com to get the peak performance.

As far as consitancy i'd say break down and relube the whole gun and work from there.

But i dont think you will have an effiency problem at all....its an angel :p
My ir3 which is HP gets me over hopper and 5 pods

bigred76
01-01-2006, 11:42 AM
too lazy to read the manual right now...
That might be your problem right there. :smirk:

DFSniper
01-01-2006, 01:02 PM
thats awesome! my neighbor got a 2k1 from ebay for $550. hes a set it and forget it person like dre said, and it worked fine for a gun that was over 3 years old when he got it. now if only i could find some deals this good over here....