PDA

View Full Version : Ball Detent

Hotaru
06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, I have a question i've been wanting to ask for a while now. I got an MR 1 around january. The first game i played with it led to it eating its own ball detent. Ever since I've been using an oring fastened into place.

I wanted to know where I can get more detents of this sort. I have been looking for a decent replacement since the occurence, but havnt been able to find one.

Does Kingman offer a service pack or something that will have these in them? if so where can i find them and how much are they.

Thanks guys.

Ghost Bear Reborn
06-02-2006, 07:09 AM
You want to buy a pack of Critical Intimidator Detentes.

http://www.criticalpaintball.com/product_info.php/cPath/124/products_id/412

There's also instructions somewhere on the internet on how to make your own detent out of a small piece of metal spring.

Frat
06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I got my spare from country sports. Make sure you get a black one.

Ghost Bear Reborn
06-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I have found that the only time my MR1 sheared my detente, it was because I had the dang bolt installed upside-down. As long as it's right-side-up (with the recess in the bolt facing the detent), I have no problems.

Still, I carry a pack of Timmy detents in my rifle bag, just in case.

Hotaru
06-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys. Thats exactly what I was lookin for.

QuiGonKen
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
i bought 2 spyder detents from a store b/c my stock one sheared, and now both of the new ones have been sheared too...im hoping the timmy detents do a whole lot better...i gotta pick sum up soon..

Ghost Bear Reborn
06-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Personally, I think the biggest problem with the MR1 is the crappy manual! There are so many little quirks that you have to learn by trial-and-error, or by posting on a paintball forum and getting advice from others!

The manual should explain about the problem with the detente, the proper way to install the bolt, that the top-cocking knob gets in the way of mounting sights and scopes, etc, etc, etc.

IMHO.