PDA

View Full Version : It's finally finished...

Sandman_Bravo
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I've completed my LP conversion and I hate to admit Druid was right but...
the last thing to change out was the bolt. I couldn't get the velocity up where I wanted it. I ordered a Bandit Bolt (top quality workmanship & they're available in LP or HP) and today she was shooting 293-298 fps. I was around 350psi and it performed flawlessly. I can take it down to 300psi without re-cocking problems. I guess the bolt did make a difference after all. What I have so far:
Pilot ACS
J&J S2 ceramic Barrel
Empire Re-loader 2
Trinity locking feedneck
Polished internals & drilled stock asa/dropforward
32* spring kit
Dark Horizon titanium hammer
Bandit Bolts delrin LP bolt w/o-rings
Bandit Bolts hi-flo valve
ND valve pin
Alamo Paintball hi-flo valve cup seal
Empire regulator
Check-it 15* Assault Block vertical adapter
Shocktech metric to NPT adapter
Macro line & swivel fittings
Smart Parts HP-ASA/on-off valve
Kila magnetic ball detents
Sundragon Paintball 50 gram spli-switch
Sundragon Paintball magno-trigger
Dye sticky 3 grips

Just a side note; I let some of the techs at the local field try her out and they were blown away! They said it shot like a top end gun, even like their own more exspensive markers. I couldn't be happier with the results. Thanks to all who gave me input and help on these forums, I really appreciate it.
:up:

Slammed0
05-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Do you got pics?

Congrats man!

Sandman_Bravo
05-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm going to take some soon with it dis-assembled and assembled so you can see the parts I installed. -Thanx.

Slammed0
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to see them! :thumbup:

RushinPaint
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
ya grats..even tho this is like my second post...but still! thats great...be sure to show those dudes how good the Pilot really is! =)

druid
05-31-2006, 11:52 PM
I've completed my LP conversion and I hate to admit Druid was right but...
the last thing to change out was the bolt. I couldn't get the velocity up where I wanted it. I ordered a Bandit Bolt (top quality workmanship & they're available in LP or HP) and today she was shooting 293-298 fps. I was around 350psi and it performed flawlessly. I can take it down to 300psi without re-cocking problems. I guess the bolt did make a difference after all. What I have so far:
Pilot ACS, J&J S2 ceramic Barrel, Empire Re-loader, Trinity locking feedneck, Polished internals & drilled stock asa/dropforward, 32* spring kit, Dark Horizon titanium hammer, Bandit Bolts delrin LP bolt w/o-rings, Bandit Bolts hi-flo valve, ND valve pin, Alamo Paintball hi-flo valve cup seal, Empire regulator, Check-it 15* Assault Block vertical adapter, Shocktech metric to NPT adapter, Macro line & swivel fittings, Smart Parts HP-ASA/on-off valve. Kila magnetic ball detents, Sundragon Paintball 50 gram spli-switch, Sundragon Paintball magno-trigger, Dye sticky 3 grips.

Just a side note; I let some of the techs at the local field try her out and they were blown away! They said it shot like a top end gun, even like their own more exspensive markers. I couldn't be happier with the results. Thanks to all who gave me input and help on these forums, I really appreciate it. :up:

:dodgy: ...what is it with today's youth not liking to listen to their elders? You sound just like my 17 yr old.....lol.....glad it worked out for you though...remember...druid the wise...druid the mystic...druid for President :D

RushinPaint
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
i'd vote for ya...and u have a 17 year old !?!?!?!? awesome! i wish my dad paintballed..oh well beggers can't be choosers eh.

Sandman_Bravo
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Here it is:
It's hard to see the new trigger & switch, srry.(the larger valve pin is the modified stock unit) I didn't remove the valve for the pics either.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG021.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG015.jpg

WhatThaSmurf
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
very nice, but since you bought a new bolt, its not really a pilot acs, its just a kick ass pilot

druid
06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
i'd vote for ya...and u have a 17 year old !?!?!?!? awesome! i wish my dad paintballed..oh well beggers can't be choosers eh.

yep and she has absolutely no interest in paintball :(

and sandman....very nice indeed

Slammed0
06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Damn nice man! I like it alot!

Halucin8
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
sandman i am glad your finished as i am still collecting the pieces and now i have to add one more the bolt. unless my oring addition works. Did you try everything without the the lightened striker? is it really necessary to got those pressures with that velocity

Sandman_Bravo
06-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I didn't try the stock hammer with the regulator @ LP. I couldn't get the same depth of dish in the face of it (helps with re-cocking) as the Dark Horizon's hammer with the "Otter Mod" on it, so I didn't even try. The biggest advantage of a lighter hammer is lees recoil to jar your marker around. Lord knows there's enough things on it that can bend, break, or dislodge. So why not go LP (which is easier percussion wise) with a lighter hammer. You just have to find the right spring combo, but you'll be doing that anyway to tune the LP conversion. Once you have it dialed in, it's pretty amazing how much smoother and quieter it fires. But I digress, I don't want to come off like an expert. I'm still a relative newb myself, I'm just speaking from my own experiences and things I've learned from researching and studying Spyder info. Good luck with your mods. Oh yeah, one other thing; I have had a lot of luck using Never Dull Magic Wadding Polish to shine up metal internals.

Halucin8
06-01-2006, 05:31 PM
i am very framiliar with nevr dull. had to polish alot of brass in the marine corps with it. and i still have some around so i will use that to finish the polish on my parts
thanx for the info

Sandman_Bravo
06-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Great, just don't use it on the breech/receiver (body).

RushinPaint
06-01-2006, 07:05 PM
no interest...but its the greatest sport ever, u get to SHOOT at people! and its legal! doesn't even hurt either, and who can boast around saying they dove from bunker to bunker like in the army when there like say 14. kids i know would die for those bragging rights, oh well...girls u know those things we can't live with or without.

hmm LP, that would increase the life of the internals a lot since you don't have your gun smashing into your face. other than that if it didn't have that ACS on it i would almost call it a Angel. im that noobish so no worries man

tampaimpact16
06-02-2006, 05:26 AM
dang! thats nice. how much did all those upgrades cost you? i was looking forward to have a project gun, and there is apparently alot i can do with the pilot.

druid
06-02-2006, 06:37 AM
no interest...but its the greatest sport ever, u get to SHOOT at people! and its legal!
Paintball is what it is but using ^this^ description isn't really a good thing. Please try to describe it as "chess with a twist" or something a little less menacing than what you said. Parent's will have a s4it fit when hearing that for the first time....
doesn't even hurt either, and who can boast around saying they dove from bunker to bunker like in the army when there like say 14. kids i know would die for those bragging rights, oh well...girls u know those things we can't live with or without.
well first off, my older 2 daughters are the intellectual type. The oldest is a senior next year and 'dual enrolled' into college the latter part of her day. She's been on Honor Roll for the length of her HS tour, is 5'10" and 160 lbs. She's the daughter of a Correctional Officer ( :) ) and hits like a guy. The middle daughter is 9 and is showing signs of 'child prodigy' crap with a current IQ of 139...she is interested in playing but is too young and I'd want to head-shield that brain of hers. The youngest daughter is the Mama's girl. You can't get her off her mother's butt with a hydraulic wedge...
hmm LP, that would increase the life of the internals a lot since you don't have your gun smashing into your face. other than that if it didn't have that ACS on it i would almost call it a Angel. im that noobish so no worries man
It's faaaarrrr from Angel status...a better working marker yes...but nowhere near an Angel...and you would be taunted off the field for making that statement around here...lol...(I know yer just messin...so am I)

Sandman_Bravo
06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
...and let's not forget, it's 90% user and 10% gun. Give an Angel to a newb dweeb and a Brass Eagle to a pro; who's gonna perform?

RushinPaint
06-03-2006, 12:24 AM
druid...i applaud ur families knowledge.. where i live its mostly people who don't give a flying pigs ass about school. and i know what you mean by protecting her head at all costs cause i've seen the other side and u can't get anywhere without a good education anymore. and the shooting thing was kinda a kid gimme not for the parents...oops heh. but like i say im a Staight A student (so far) and hearing about ur families success and playing paintball is like.../drool cool to me im glad to have met someone who knows how important knowledge is.

Keep this good thing goin

Rush

(P.S I live in arizona)

BlinkEffect
06-04-2006, 09:52 PM
price tag including the gun and all the ups?

Sandman_Bravo
06-05-2006, 03:26 AM
'05 Pilot ACS 160
J & J S2 barrel 55
Trinity locking feed neck 35
Dark Horizon titanium hammer 45
Bandit Bolts valve 23
Bandit Bolt 40
New Designs valve pin 10
Alamo hi-flo cup seals 10
Check-it vert. adapt. 40
Empire regulator 55
Shocktech fitting 5
Macro line & fittings 5
Dye sticky grips 30
32* spring kit 11
Kila magnetic detents 40
Smart Parts on/off 17
Sundragon trigger 30
Sundragon 50g switch 10

Total = 621 (461 = parts)

Empire Re-loader 60
20 oz tank 27
12 oz tank 20

accessories: another 107

Grand Total: 728 :moneyeyes:

I know I'm crazy now!

hodni_sania
06-05-2006, 04:29 AM
I didnt think the empire regulator would work with co2, but that's sweet news it's the one i want to get if i go lp.

tampaimpact16
06-05-2006, 06:24 AM
do you think that it was worth spending so much on? or do you think it would have been a better investment to buy a diffrent gun.?

thechubbss12
06-05-2006, 06:47 AM
T-board W/ Eyes...... makes a spyder much happier.....

Other then that it looks amazing.

druid
06-05-2006, 12:10 PM
tampa.....to answer your question in as much of a neutral response as I can muster -
I'd say this...only if that's what you want...

Some people just want a marker that works like/expects to perform like _______ right from the box without any kind of tinkering involved. The problem is, you pay for it all at once at the store.

Others don't care as much about ^^ and will get a 'lesser' marker that does/performs at least ______ and upgrade or mod it (if it can be) to do _____. This is where Spyders (and clones and some Tippmanns) come into play. They are fairly customizable and parts are relatively cheap...when you buy them used and/or one at a time. It also requires some measure of mechanical skill to assemble and make work properly. Reconstructing a marker isn't hard but it isn't for the feint of heart either. Some Tasks are more difficult than a standard "bolt-on mod" like adding a VA or ASA. The One kits, spimmy's, half-blocking, drilling/tapping for _____ can be trying at times...not to mention expense.

To expand on expense...besides the cost of the parts and shipping, now you have to calculate the purchase of proper tools. Yes, some things can be Jerry-rigged but most times it can't be. A furniture clamp isn't a bench-mounted vice and a Phillips-head screwdriver isn't a pin drift/punch. Dremel products wear out and drill bits will dull.

Couple all this with parts cost...some will say "___ it" and just save for a marker they don't have to touch (other than to play the game with).

This is why I say it's all up to you..

Sandman_Bravo
06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
:yeahthat:
Couldn't have said it better myself. And beyond that, I just like the way my Spyder feels in my hands. Ions don't feel like it, Tippmans don't. I can put some camo over it and play woodsball. I can go to a speedball field and shoot a rope of paint. Versatile, likeable, easy to maintain, and fun to modify.:D

Slammed0
06-05-2006, 04:11 PM
:yeahthat: Couldn't have said it better myself. And beyond that, I just like the way my Spyder feels in my hands. Ions don't feel like it, Tippmans don't. I can put some camo over it and play woodsball. I can go to a speedball field and shoot a rope of paint. Versatile, likeable, easy to maintain, and fun to modify.:D

Well said from both of you guys above! :)