PDA

View Full Version : Maddman valve leaking issues with lp

onelove
05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Aight Lp set up question.
I have pilot w/ acs bolt, maddman rocket valve(light setting), titamium striker, light striker spring, cp reg, and assault block v/a.

anything lower than 400psi equals burping and heavy in gun leaking and non-recock issues and im am getting an inconsistant fps. Should i harden the rocket spring and stiffin up the striker spring to solve for burping? Also ive been reading lately that the acs bolt has alot of issues with recocking on lp, so could i switch back to my stock top cocking bolt with the venturi to help compensate for high fps 320+?
thanks in advance

druid
05-30-2006, 08:05 PM
1...ditch the acs bolt because it doesn't work well with LP applications. Get a light, high flow, venturiless bolt with O-Rings on it...
2...set the rocket's dwell to the same as the stock valve...the amount of distance the stock valve pin was open...just like depicted in Madman's site instructions
3...did you plug the exhaust port in the bottom tube? Look around...use the search feature and input my username in the topic responses. I posted a picture of the exhaust port...it'll be in some question re: LP

shunut
05-31-2006, 07:54 AM
1...ditch the acs bolt because it doesn't work well with LP applications.

Never had a problem with my ACS bolt when I went LP. I was recocking and ripping with no problems at 240-250 psi @ 285 fps.

As for your problem onelove, I have no idea. You can play around with the springs to see if that will help but I'm not sure that it will. Don't know what else to tell you, sorry.

druid
05-31-2006, 09:11 AM
well shu...you are one of about a hundred people that I've helped...that hasn't had a problem with the acs bolt + LP conversions. Perhaps the tolerences on your marker are such that it wouldn't be a problem for you...but the rest of the people I have helped (on 6 different forums)...it was the acs

Skidds
06-07-2006, 10:07 AM
I switched to a 32 degree magnum valve...easier to tune. also if your using a regulator put a couple of drops of oil in it....your reg might be sticking...thats what it sound like when it cant go under 400psi and it burps.

onelove
06-07-2006, 12:05 PM
I switched to a 32 degree magnum valve...easier to tune. also if your using a regulator put a couple of drops of oil in it....your reg might be sticking...thats what it sound like when it cant go under 400psi and it burps.

What type of oil do you mean paint gun oil or some other type?

Skidds
06-08-2006, 12:48 PM
What type of oil do you mean paint gun oil or some other type?
Yes, regular paintball oil.... or go buy baby oil, which is the same thing.... mineral oil. ;)

druid
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
where is it 'heavily leaking' from anyway? out the barrel/up the feedneck means the cupseal's bad or the reg needs lube

onelove
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
it was leaking through the barrel but after i adjusted the valve like you said Druid then it stoped, for now and i also plugged up the exhaust hole. Oh and an update: I just recieved the bandit bolt lp with o-rings and it brought the pressure down to 250s from 400 bolt works wonders... now just to find the sweet spot. Thanks a million druid.

Now if i adjust the madman (screw in the srp closer to the valve) then will I be able to get more pressure in the chamer thus lowering the operating psi or will i just loose pressure?

DRAGON
06-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Here's a good tutorial (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_tun_spyder_roc_vlv.html) on how to tune the Rocket valve. The leak prob is you may just need to seat the valve to the valve body. You can do this by simply pressing and turning on the cup seal against the body ridge a little. This will seat the cup seal and make for a better seal -

onelove
06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Alright i keep getting diffrent opperating psi's with 100psi differences and im starting to think that the reg needs oiling. I have a custom products reg and running hp air. Ive always herd that oil and hp causes fires. If not then where do i need to put the oil drops and how many drops in order to get it nice and lubricated??

Sandman_Bravo
06-20-2006, 03:15 PM
You can't beat that Bandit Bolt!

onelove
06-21-2006, 03:49 PM
^^bump

Alright i keep getting diffrent opperating psi's with 100psi differences and im starting to think that the reg needs oiling. I have a custom products reg and running hp air. Ive always herd that oil and hp causes fires. If not then where do i need to put the oil drops and how many drops in order to get it nice and lubricated??

druid
06-22-2006, 12:15 AM
remove the barrel and add 2-3 drops into the asa and fire it a few times.