PDA

View Full Version : LP for the MR2

new_Faction64
05-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering how to turn my MR2 into a LP MR2, I think that would be pretty sweet. First off, I'm fairly new to LP but I know the basic concept. Next, what parts would you guys recommend being changed out or added to the MR2 for a LP setup?

Please keep in mind, I make these kinds of threads more for future purposes, I don't think I have the funds to go LP for now, so this is mostly informational for me.

breakxeggs
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
what is LP exactly?

new_Faction64
05-31-2006, 04:13 AM
what is LP exactly?

Low Pressure.

I found some stuff on it myself: http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html (a little dated, but most of those parts are still around)

breakxeggs
05-31-2006, 10:36 AM
I thought it was already Low Pressure. I made a 20 oz. CO2 can last for over three weeks playing for about a total of 16 hours. Or maybe its just because I hold back with my shots and wait untill I know I could get a kill...

DSF
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Follow what is said on otters web page on how to make it LP.
But i made one of my old spyder LP and found it was not worth it in the end, i would just leave it HP, and get a new board that can take eyes and drill your marker for eyes.

firsttiger
06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm a relative newbie; I recently purchased my MR2 and I'm starting to like my MR2 quite a bit. Two things bother me though - one is the loudness of the gun and the other is the consistency of it which makes me want to consider an LP system for the MR2. So a couple of questions, the first is the Low Pressure Chamber. Is there one that will fit on the MR2 and the other is you mentioned that it wasn't worth it, could you clarify why? Was it mostly due to cost? Thanks.

Follow what is said on otters web page on how to make it LP.
But i made one of my old spyder LP and found it was not worth it in the end, i would just leave it HP, and get a new board that can take eyes and drill your marker for eyes.

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm a relative newbie; I recently purchased my MR2 and I'm starting to like my MR2 quite a bit. Two things bother me though - one is the loudness of the gun and the other is the consistency of it which makes me want to consider an LP system for the MR2. So a couple of questions, the first is the Low Pressure Chamber. Is there one that will fit on the MR2 and the other is you mentioned that it wasn't worth it, could you clarify why? Was it mostly due to cost? Thanks.

There should be an LPC already in the gun, from what I saw in the skematic. Most sites recommend it and It's probably not expensive.

What kind of barrel do you have? That may affect the loudness adversely.

Also, are you using C02? If so, then duh, it will not be very consistant like N2

NextoN
06-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Don't bother..

firsttiger
06-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Looking at the schematics, didn't quite see it. It looks like it's got something called an MR2 reservoir. Not sure what that means. Again, I'm a newbie so I don't really know. The link for the diagram is http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr2.pdf.

I recently picked up a Lapco Bigshot 14" still pretty loud. I'm going to get the APEX Barrel next :) That will be fun.

As for the Air Systems, I've tried it both with CO2 and HPA. Not sure if HPA is the same N2. Still ran into consistency problems.

NextoN, can you elaborate why you don't think it's worthwhile upgrading to an LP system? Is it cost? Performance? No additional benefit as it's not going to fix the problems I'm facing. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

There should be an LPC already in the gun, from what I saw in the skematic. Most sites recommend it and It's probably not expensive.

What kind of barrel do you have? That may affect the loudness adversely.

Also, are you using C02? If so, then duh, it will not be very consistant like N2

NextoN
06-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Well I'm sorry I can't but I can tell you it's going to be boring tho.. I am gonna tell you how to do it.. Correct me if I'm wrong in any way.

for the mr2 you will need a bottom line reg. with the plastic forward grip you cannot use a vert reg. it does not have an lpc either. you would need to home mod the bolt because it is different than all of the other spyder bolts. it's possible to lp the mr2 but it's certainly not the most easy to convert of all spyders. the j&j will certainly calm the report down. you really don't want anything with more porting because the j&j has a lot to begin with. Maybe you can mod a LPC? Try finding a small one or mod the forgrip..

I am not saying it's gonna be a easy convert because nobody has done it (YET)

Good Luck

firsttiger
06-08-2006, 04:18 AM
It does sound awfully complicated. I might hold off on the LP for now and hope that someone comes up with parts for converting the MR2 into an LP kit. Thanks for all of the tips and info so far.

new_Faction64
06-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Honestly, I was just wondering about LP on the MR2, I don't really think it's worth the cost, I'd rather just get Nitro and use that only.