PDA

View Full Version : Cocking Bolt Stuck

daj349
05-30-2006, 12:13 PM
i cant get the top cocking bolt out of the bolt i have tried pliers, using leverage agianst the side with a flat head screw driver and it WONT BUDGE

I CANT GET IT AND IT IS MAKING ME MAD

any ideas?

big_daddy_d
05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
are you talking about the pin? Should just be a twist and pull type deal... Welcome to the forums by the way...

daj349
05-30-2006, 12:43 PM
idk
the thing u pull back to cock the bolt on the top
you have to pull it out before u can slide the bolt out the back too

big_daddy_d
05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
yeah just twist it as you are pulling it. Should come right out...

Sandman_Bravo
05-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Before mine broke, I had a tough time getting it out once because the tip had bent. Try twisting and pulling up with pliers.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3579

viperx6x9x
05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
to get the bolt out you gotta first pull the quick disconnect pin out. its spring loaded so be careful. then take the back cap off. next the piece you grab to pull back the bolt will come straight out the top. dont need to twist or anything it just snaps into place. make sure the barrel is off. now take a screwdriver small enough to fit the handle end into the body from the front and with some light pressure it should push right out.

ps use anything soft to push it out with that wont damage the bolt. i just use the screwdriver cuz the handle is plastic. i dont like the idea of using pliers cuz you might bend something.

daj349
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
i know how to get the bolt out just the thing u cock the bolt with wont come out

i tried the twisting thing it doesnt work either
i am gunna let my dad try tomarow

viperx6x9x
05-31-2006, 04:51 AM
is yours the older one or the new acs model. mines the current model red/black/red fade. also comes in blue/black blue i think. anyway if its the older one it might not come out the same. i dont know that model. if its this one it will pull right out, theres no threads on it or anything. see if you can't wedge the hook end of a hammer under it and slowly pry up, that should give you enough leverage without damaging the gun. i cant think why it wouldnt come out unless something got bent in there. in which case im not sure how to get it out of there and save the "top cocking knob" or thats what the manual calls it at least.

oh yeah it looks like theres enough space to maybe drop some painball marker oil onto the shaft of the knob where it goes into the bolt and maybe get a little lubrication to help get it out.

MNBaller
05-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Mine is a piece of crap too. I had to put a drop of oil down it and take vice grips to it. It seems that after you shoot a bit that bolt bends because its too soft of metal, and binds in the bolt. When i first got mine it it was nothing to pull it out. But i have found out there isnt much that is worth a ^%$% on this gun.

daj349
05-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Mine is a piece of crap too. I had to put a drop of oil down it and take vice grips to it. It seems that after you shoot a bit that bolt bends because its too soft of metal, and binds in the bolt. When i first got mine it it was nothing to pull it out. But i have found out there isnt much that is worth a ^%$% on this gun.

...i like spyders but i think that is the problem
it didnt do it when i first bought it
i have used it at fields twice and now it sucks to get out

yea it is a new one... red to black fade

viperx6x9x
05-31-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah i only got to use mine once. i havent had problems with the bolt yet. but i already lost the set screw on the velocity adjuster (i got done with a woodsball game and looked down and it was gone) , and blew out an o ring on the back of the vertical adapter. i only went through about 2 hoppers and a 12 oz tank.

Sandman_Bravo
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
I take mine out once it's cocked and ready to fire. I also keep some allen wrenches in my pocket; if you have to, you can use an allen wrench to re-cock it.

tampaimpact16
05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
haha. my entire velocity adjuster knob came out. Had to go to actionvillage and pay five da*n dollars for a new one, this gun isnt put very well together, the little metal peice, that holds the disconnect pin in, also came out. PLUS, my acs bolt is chipping near the ball detent.

And all this after one day of use. WTH

Sandman_Bravo
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Tampa, you posted today at 10:39 which should I get: Pilot or Fenix?

"which spyder should i purchase?? the pilot acs or the fenix acs
im relatively new to the sport, and i want to know whats the better gun for me. i have enough for both, but i want to know if the fenix is really worth spending the extra cash on. leave your opinion and why. thanks"

At 10:50 you posted:

"Re: Cocking Bolt Stuck
haha. my entire velocity adjuster knob came out. Had to go to actionvillage and pay five da*n dollars for a new one, this gun isnt put very well together, the little metal peice, that holds the disconnect pin in, also came out. PLUS, my acs bolt is chipping near the ball detent.
And all this after one day of use. WTH"

Wow, Action Village has really stepped up their shipping.

RushinPaint
05-31-2006, 10:12 PM
first of all..when they ship something its normall not all tightened down cause they can't ship the Co2 tank air cause of the diff pressures. so the gun is loose so that could be a problem..if they don't it might possibly be a malfunction, and if this happens a lot i wonder if kingman has fixed it. when did you get your pilot? im curious cause i get mine next friday from Action village aswell.

-Never stop, Rushin

viperx6x9x
06-01-2006, 09:45 AM
yeah im not that impressed with my pilot. im new to this stuff so i don't know guns too well. but im thinking it should hold together a little better than it has. maybe goin lp will make some of this stuff quit happening. it does shoot pretty good though. i didnt go through that many rounds when i used it, maybe 2 hoppers. never chopped one.

one thing i noticed though. if you use a gravity feed on this thing and intend to fire fast, dont use an angle feed neck. i switched back to the straight and it kept up much better.

RushinPaint
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Paintball is a sport of a lot of things Skill Experience Visualizing and Playstyle etc etc. Some kids think they can go out and get Angels and HPA E hoppers pods the works and be great at it. sad to say thats wrong some people like a Spyder for its light weight and fast BPS capability. you just don't like the way it is you might want to go faster etc etc. just means ur style isn't what a spyder is. im glad u choose the pilot first tho. since its a great gun to grow upon. until u make ur step up into the ION or other mid guns and thats where u'll really see performance.

Fast tip before i go - if ur gonna buy a gun and have a choice always try to use them a few shots see if u like the weight how it fires length color and can u run with it (most can so no worries) that solves 99% of problems with buying a gun.

Hob Hayward
06-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Uh, ok, that was hard to follow due to lack of punctuation...

Anyways, stuff is bound to get lost if not tightened before play, recoil does alot. I'd suggest taking the gun apart, lube it up and reassemble it making sure everything is nice and tight.

You might try calling kingman, they might give you replacements.

happycamper
06-01-2006, 07:32 PM
had the same problem here win i first got my pilot, just pull and twist, then when your about to give up pull and twist harder, and if that don't work give it to your dad, there is no threading on it just a tight fit

On th Edge
06-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah, i had similar problems with my pilot, i had to break the acs bolt in and figure out how to get that top cocking bolt out. It took two flathead screwdrivers on both sides to do but after about the third time it gets much easier to take out.

killer48
06-02-2006, 04:28 AM
I have the aluminum acs bolt and mine comes out fine- but my friend has the delrin one. his sucks to get out

ACSinMich
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
i just ran into the same problem, i took my gun apart the first thing when i got it, the cocking knob came right out, i just got back from my third time shooting it, it won't come out at all! i'm no small guy by far and i can't budge the damn knob, i've tried lube, twisting and pulling and everything, and the damn thing STILL WON'T COME OUT!!! don't get me wrong, i love my spyder, but i think i'm bout to put it down the water spout................

ACSinMich
06-03-2006, 01:22 PM
well, after 20 minutes and a couple beers i was able to finally get out the cocking knob, kinda tore up the top of my gun, but hey, scars make the gun look rough and tough lol i decided to just tare it down and check it all out, yeah both seals for my vertical adaptor were busted. both in the same spot. lucky for me i bought a few extra parts and seals.....don't get me wrong, i love the spyder, but damn! lol