PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of ACS Working?

new_Faction64
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, what's it supposed to sound/feel like when the ACS bolt works? I've had some odd things going on w/ my gun, like when I try to fire a single round on Semi-Auto, it'll fire one but it moves and sounds like it's trying to fire 2 at a time, it's very odd.

Can someone explain how it should sound/feel/look?

Hob Hayward
05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Uh, what I did to test mine was I taped a ball to a string and held it in the breach. Couldn't get it to chop, thats why I suggest it to people, because I've seen that it works great for what it was designed to do.

breakxeggs
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
sounds like its trying to double feed? Are you sure its just not spurting out extra gas for some unknown reason? And did you check you're detent aswell?

new_Faction64
05-29-2006, 08:17 PM
sounds like its trying to double feed? Are you sure its just not spurting out extra gas for some unknown reason? And did you check you're detent aswell?

My detent looks OK, it's a black detent that came w/ the MR2, and from what I hear the black detents are the good detents (the orange ones were the faulty ones)

breakxeggs
05-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Mine used to double feed and since I bought my new hopper it stopped for whatever reason. I have the black detents, see if they gave you an extra detent like they did with my gun.