PDA

View Full Version : quietest barrel?

electraballr
05-29-2006, 04:01 PM
im wondering what you would think th e quietest 14 inch barrel, and also the ones that reduce the most kick. i have no limit in price range, id just like to see what you think the most quiet barrels and the ones that reduce the most friction are/is.

electraballr
05-29-2006, 04:02 PM
and even the ups that reduce the most kick possable.

SharpObjects
05-29-2006, 04:59 PM
I've heard the Whisper barrel from 32* is pretty quiet, along with the Quiet Riot, although I've never seen them in action. I've been referred to J&J cermaric barrels and have read that they have almost no friction. I'm not sure if that helps...

Hossy
05-29-2006, 05:04 PM
kick isnt reduced in the barrel....its the bolt and stuff

Hob Hayward
05-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah, to reduce noise level and kick LP is the way to go, but that takes alot of work and money, probably alot more than anyone would expect to spend when they get their first spyder..

electraballr
06-03-2006, 07:04 AM
well i have a j&j ceramic and it does reduce noise and kick. the kick is also in the barrel. could you maybe, list some items that reduce my noise and kick level?

bullet06
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
the 32* whisper is really quiet but for the same price you can get something thats almost as quiet but shoots alot better like a CP one-piece, progresive ceramic ect.

nbishop66
06-06-2006, 05:28 AM
My son has a SP Teardrop and I have a J&J Ceramic, both on Pilot ACSs. You can't believe how much quieter the J&J is, plus I feel it's more accurate. I just bought my son and I IONs and I'm probably going to get a J&J S2 for mine.

No barrel can reduce kick, you have to lower you operating pressure, replace the heavy striker with a lighter one, and change some springs around.