PDA

View Full Version : New MR

NextoN
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
I know this doesnt belong here but what do you guys think about the MR3?

It has eyes and a new design that's all but the eyes is a major improvment...320$ and they come in june?

http://www.expertshot.com/spydermr3weyes.html

What do you think? I think it's look like an mp5 with an mr2..

breakxeggs
05-29-2006, 10:10 AM
That picture almost looks photshopped. Even if it is real, its super ugly. That handle, the stock and the slope on the front.. all looks terrible

pman15
05-29-2006, 10:11 AM
i see why they put the carrying grip on but it just makes it look so darn ugly.i think kingman needs to go back to the drawing boards and fix the look of that gun

Coinz
05-29-2006, 11:41 AM
It isnt worth trading in my MR2 for some eyes and an ugly desighn. The MR2 wont be topped for a while. Unless this thing can hit pennies from 1000 yards away.

wylde01
05-29-2006, 11:50 AM
well said from you all! i will also have to say no on the mr3. the whole design on it looks as if kingman did not take much time to build it!

oh and whats up with the stock ( my opinion IT SUCKS)

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Kingman should have followed Tippman's and Spart Parts' lead and based the look of the MR series on a real-world gun.

Coinz
05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
well said from you all! i will also have to say no on the mr3. the whole design on it looks as if kingman did not take much time to build it!

oh and whats up with the stock ( my opinion IT SUCKS)

Well I think the new stock would be better for aiming since your mask wouldnt get in the way. Still not worth the "upgrade".

wylde01
05-29-2006, 12:25 PM
i guess when i wrote that i wasnt thinking about people that actually use a sight. personally i dont need to use a sight, they just get in the way

NextoN
05-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Well the picture looks photoshop as you said..

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Even if it is Photoshop, it doesn't mean it's not the real deal. It could be a computer-generated design illustration from Kingman.

Any Kingman staff on-line that can confirm or deny the design of this marker?

joe06
05-29-2006, 12:56 PM
no its real. i have seen it in a mag (dont remember wich one) in a series of ads addvertising the mr1 mr2 the mr3 and the electra with eyes.

wylde01
05-29-2006, 12:59 PM
either way its no where near good enough for me to give up my mr2 (which i waited about a month for due to back order at my local store). if they can somehow make some barrel kits or something i will be happy!

new_Faction64
05-29-2006, 01:04 PM
It looks like total crap IMO.

When they designed the MR3, they shouldn't have made it look so much like the MR2, that's probably the worst part of it. OK so it has eyes, big woop, once my 1-year warrenty on my MR2 expires i'm doing alot of crap to mine.

Damn I love my MR2 :D

wylde01
05-29-2006, 01:32 PM
well if they would not have base it off the mr2 then can you tell me what they should have based it off of?

Coinz
05-29-2006, 01:39 PM
well if they would not have base it off the mr2 then can you tell me what they should have based it off of?

Nothing. THey should have used their emagination, rather than just add a new looking shroud, stock, and extended handle grip.

wylde01
05-29-2006, 01:53 PM
dont forget the eyes. do you actually think that the people that make up kingman use imagination in their guns! they just put something new on an already existing gun

breakxeggs
05-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Its defenitly total crap I doubt that alot of people are going to buy it, so it has eyes and you wont need a eletric hopper to help stop breakage... But now that my MR2 doesn't break anymore, I'm not going to acknowledge the existence of the MR3

wylde01
05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
well put man, well put. it looks like we wont be seein very many of the mr3's at out local paintball fields!

Eric182
05-29-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd rather Kingman just made accesories (such as new stocks and barrels etc) and upgrades for the MR-1 and MR-2 rather than making a new gun. Seems kinda pointless since alot of people are having issues with chopping, un-cocking, detents and such..

I think that the stock and carry handle on the 3 look rediculous, but I do like the sloped foregrip and the circular front sight. The eyes are a good idea, also.

new_Faction64
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
I'd rather Kingman just made accesories (such as new stocks and barrels etc) and upgrades for the MR-1 and MR-2 rather than making a new gun. Seems kinda pointless since alot of people are having issues with chopping, un-cocking, detents and such..

I think that the stock and carry handle on the 3 look rediculous, but I do like the sloped foregrip and the circular front sight. The eyes are a good idea, also.

I agree Eric, I think people are really dying for MR1 and MR2 accessories/upgrades/fixes right now.

Hob Hayward
05-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, woulda been smarter to do that, but hell this gun will be faster than the MR2 if thats what people are wanting, beleive it or not, eyes will make it faster with a slower loader than the ACS could, plus your gonna get better consistency when the bolt has o-rings, no blowby.

The thing is though, that they fixed practically everything that people complained about with the MR2, they now have a working carry handle, it apears you can sight up with the stock because its slanted down, and they give you two sight rails, one on the carry handle, and a giant one going the length of the gun itself.

Basically I think they took everyones complaints fro mthe MR1/2 and fixed them with this...

wylde01
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
thats all that i really want. who cares about getting a new gun when you just bought one. just give me some accessories!

breakxeggs
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I just want a blade trigger that has an even easier pull

Eric182
05-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Basically I think they took everyones complaints fro mthe MR1/2 and fixed them with this...

Ah ha ha, yeah, But then the people who already own them get boned...

oldnewb
05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I posted this on another thread, but since it's about the same thing, here goes:

I totally love the look of this marker... the longer shroud gives it a sleeker look than the MR2, and a much MUCH more room for mounting sights, lights, etc. As mentioned before, the stock appears to be adjustable, and lower profile... allowing you to get your masked face behind the sights better.

The longer shroud gives you another place to hold the gun, just ahead of the "magazine". And I'm pretty sure the barrel isn't any shorter, it's just that it slots into the longer shroud. I guess we'll see when Kingman releases some press on the MR3.

The carrying handle does look a bit shakier / flexy because of the single contact point with the gun, however I do believe it's been done on a few real life firearms before. I intend of picking one up by the handle and giving the gun a good shake before purchasing just to see.

In any case, it'll be awhile before I can justify buying a totally brand new marker, seeing as I just bought my MR1. What I would love to see is Kingman offering the stock and handle as aftermarket parts for those MR1 and MR2 owners who might want them. Perhaps as mail order replacement parts at least? Pretty please???

In the end, I guess each person has their own personal taste in looks. I like the look of the MR3, but I can appreciate the fact that not everyone agrees with me.

Whatever the case, if anyone from Kingman is reading this right now, PLEASE offer the stock and grip / sight rail as separate parts that will be compatible with existing MR1s and MR2s. You'd be doing us loyal MR line owners a huge favour.

NextoN
05-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah I agree.. Stop working with a new gun make more upgrades for the MR1-2!! Make a new shroud? Make something new instead of making a new gun.. People with MR2 is not gonna get the mr3 anyway so..

wylde01
05-30-2006, 05:21 AM
all that i really want is a new shroud where i can use my barrel kit from my old spyder or a barrel kit that fits the mr2

new_Faction64
05-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Stop complaining about the shroud guys, if your want to use a kit that badly, you'd remove the foregrip and the shroud, replace the foregrip w/ a reg. or gas-thru, then use your kit, not hard and it doesn't look too bad IMO.

Mach1
05-30-2006, 06:19 AM
I'd rather Kingman just made accesories (such as new stocks and barrels etc) and upgrades for the MR-1 and MR-2 rather than making a new gun

I agree.

Or make a new gun that doesn't look like the MR2 with some upgrades.
I wish they would of made the MR3 to look sorta like a real gun. JMO

wylde01
05-30-2006, 06:42 AM
ive taken off the shroud and IMO it looks terrible having open space on the gun. but i guess i shouldnt be complaining anyways, i tested out my mr2 and the barrel shoots as straight and accurate as my kit did!

Kingman-Rep
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Even if it is Photoshop, it doesn't mean it's not the real deal. It could be a computer-generated design illustration from Kingman.

Any Kingman staff on-line that can confirm or deny the design of this marker?

Here is pic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/KingmanGroup/1Flat.jpg

SharpObjects
05-30-2006, 10:54 AM
I like how it has a place to put your hand under the barrel. And the shroud makes the barrel look deceiving, like it is only 5 inches. Eyes are always great. I think Kingman won't have a problem selling it.

wylde01
05-30-2006, 12:38 PM
yea all that is good but kingman should have just done that to the mr2 or something. i mean they just come out with the mr2 and then expect people to buy the new mr3! thats ridiculous!

new_Faction64
05-30-2006, 01:00 PM
The more I look at this gun, the better it seems.

What I really think it will be geared towards aggressive players for woodsball and scenario play. It has a short look, horizontal hand grip, and iron sights, and eyes. All of which should be great for quick movement and fast shooting.

Sure it looks strange, but you have to admit it looks kinda sleek too. Not to mention, you will probably be able to remove the grip and shroud if you want to, and on the MR2 it looks fine w/ out both of those. (grip has to be replaced w/ somethin else though)

Hob Hayward
05-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Acctually I don't think it looks like the gun for an agressive player, looks overly beastly to be that, dunno how much the shroud weighs, but theres a ton of shroud on that gun. Looks to me like it weighs an excessive ammount and would be better for someone who hangs back more and lays paint down, after all, thats why it has an e-frame and eyes right?

Kingman rep, can you say whether or not you'll be able to sight up with scopes mounted on the primary rail? (on the carry handle, which does look plenty strong, though I don't like the look of the finger holds, can obviously be sighted up using the stock)

For a front player style woodsballer, you want somthing fast but light, no need for a stock, when a no-dropped co2 tank serves as one, and cuts weight. My Imagine is great up front in woodsball, but I need the firepower of it, while my phantom is light and easily manuvered, I can't always pick my shots, and often get pinned by people who fire fast.

wylde01
05-30-2006, 06:46 PM
well said Hob Hayward. im a frontman player and the mr2 is already heavy enough for me!

Hartwood Avenger
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
What I think bout it is kingman"spyder" is following a line up the MR1 was a sniper rifle capable and designed gun, The MR2 was an assaultrifle gun. and the MR3 looks to be a smaller MP5 type of gunn.. so the nex MR might be a heavy wepon IE the M60 ... any one feel the same way as me ?

breakxeggs
06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I'll tell you all this, that gun looks far heavier then the MR2. The only thing I like about it is the front under side of it because I like true rifle like holding not having to hold onto a handle on the front. The handle makes the gun look like it has a bigger profile, as well as the Iron Sights (more doodads to get hit with paintballs). The stock looks absolutly terrible because the tubing of it doesn't tie in with the rest of the gun. The shroud looks even more troubling then the one on the MR2. Eyes shm-eyes once you get the ACS broken in its just as good as any eyes. And I'm sure that most ppl that buy these kinds of guns also buy electric hoppers so that helps alot with some of the current MR2 problems...

All in all this is not a gun that I would buy, and I'm actually pretty appauled that Kingman would put out a new gun right after the MR2 came out practicly, and not even bother releasing upgrades or problem fixers for it. As for the looks, I could have come up with a FAR better look, and I'm a Sophmore in college studying for Drafting and Design Technologies. I really would like to meet the designer/design team and try to figure out what the heck they did before they came up with the final drawing. Its terrible looking... and A5 and an MR2 where crossed and they just threw an eye on it.

Sorry for my ranting on this gun I'm just saying it looks terrible and that I kinda hope that it doesn't sell that well and bombs so they start making upgrades for the MR2 instead of remaking guns and putting them into different clothes.

new_Faction64
06-01-2006, 09:01 PM
BIG REALIZATION HERE GUYS!!

OK so we know that the MR2 has double feed problems, not only because of detents, but because the ACS mechanism makes the bolt fly back too far.

SO, the MR3 has "Dual Detents" as I've read on ActionVillage. THEREFORE this second detend must be BEHIND the feedneck, so it will have solved the ACS problem of going too far back! Wonderful!

breakxeggs
06-01-2006, 09:21 PM
BIG REALIZATION HERE GUYS!!

OK so we know that the MR2 has double feed problems, not only because of detents, but because the ACS mechanism makes the bolt fly back too far.

SO, the MR3 has "Dual Detents" as I've read on ActionVillage. THEREFORE this second detend must be BEHIND the feedneck, so it will have solved the ACS problem of going too far back! Wonderful!

this gun doesn't have an ACS bolt... it has an eye.. and if it did have an ACS bolt... Kingman is really more stupid then I thought...

new_Faction64
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
this gun doesn't have an ACS bolt... it has an eye.. and if it did have an ACS bolt... Kingman is really more stupid then I thought...

Aww poo, thought I actually found somethign useful, oh well :D

Highbinder
06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
You know, I'm not so sure that the info on the ACS bolt sliding back too far is entirely accurate. I mean, the guy who posted it even said that he had no way of being sure, if I recall correctly.

breakxeggs
06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I doubt that it could... I mean its a pretty tight fit and it only works off of force

oppositesleeper
06-07-2006, 09:54 AM
see i think it looks awsome. I almost wanna trade in my gun to get one, but i prolly wont since i just finished getting everything i needed for my gun. But i really like it.

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
You know, I'm not so sure that the info on the ACS bolt sliding back too far is entirely accurate. I mean, the guy who posted it even said that he had no way of being sure, if I recall correctly.

Kingman knows about the problem, that's why there is an allen screw on the ACS bolt (for the MR2 at least) to stop this problem from happening.

Highbinder
06-08-2006, 05:49 PM
I seriously doubt that Kingman knowing about the problem equates to the reason behind the allen bolt being there, I think it is there simply for maintenance reasons. People occasionally need to clean their markers thoroughly and breaking apart the ACS bolt would be part of that. I'd wager that the allen bolt being there is for that reason.

breakxeggs
06-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I still doubt that flying back thing those guys are talking about... I mean the spring on my ACS is SUPER tight. Only way I could see it doing that if it would be really loose

new_Faction64
06-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Well, I think I'm gonna try calling up Kingman this weekend, and emailing them too...we really need to figure this stuff out.