PDA

View Full Version : Spyder MR3 preorders

TheLastBrunnenG
05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Hope this isn't a repost. It's not on the front page of Spyder.tv yet, but here it is:

http://www.expertshot.com/spydermr3weyes.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/expertshot_1900_247821

Should compete directly with the SP-8 and MKX-8. Credit goes to deedo on the PBN forums.

claustrophobia9
05-28-2006, 07:39 PM
wtf? mr3? i didnt know it was even coming. and i doubt it will compete with an sp8. an sp8 is far more sophisticated. maybe in sales but not head to head in statistical marker anylsis.

pman15
05-28-2006, 07:42 PM
ewww,not the prettiest gun i've seen

WhatThaSmurf
05-28-2006, 07:45 PM
handle's got to go

pman15
05-28-2006, 07:47 PM
jeez,what size barrel like 5 inch and that handle really looks bad on the gun,i don't think this gun is going to be to popular

xtraking
05-28-2006, 07:50 PM
nah the barrel is probably 12...it screws into the body not the shroud.

WhatThaSmurf
05-28-2006, 07:50 PM
the barrel is about 12 inches, just set way back

(beat me to it xtraking)

new_Faction64
05-28-2006, 07:59 PM
This has got to be a joke, that thing is FUGLY

DRAGON
05-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I agree, all I really wanted to see with the MR3 was an MR2 with eyes. I think the MR2 has the perfect look and feel for what market they're trying to infiltrate. Seems they've made it too busy now. The part that is disappointing is I know they won't change the design at all ever even if it flops -

thechubbss12
05-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Personaly i dont think it looks horrible i mean the handle actuly fits the gun ok.... on its own it probibly the ugliest thing ever.... But its ok and i know that some scenario guys at my field are probibly gunna eat these up...

About the SP8... i dont know about you guy but most of the guys who are scenario at my field choose not to use N2 on there guns becasue its expensive and it doesnt last as long as there c02 (that is the reason they tell me). So why would a scenario guy want to buy a SP8 and have to buy a N2 tank.... when he can buy a gun with eyes, e-frame, and were he can just strap his C02 tank right on?

Hob Hayward
05-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Looks kinda cool acctually, weird and different but cool.

Looks like they've improved the faults with the MR1/2 a working carry handle, a stock that looks light you might be able to sight up with while using a mask and two rails, one raised on the sight rail, and a huge one that goes the entire length of the gun.

TheLastBrunnenG
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
If it were running at 300-400PSI at that price, with more than 3 modes on the trigger frame, I could maybe justify dropping my MR1 and MR2 to finance an MR3. But if the only change on the MR3 is:

MR2
+ bigger barrel shroud
+ bigger foregrip
+ eyes
- ACS bolt
= MR3

Then I just can't see it. No pun intended.

SharpObjects
05-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I like it. The stock looks like it's adjustable. The only thing I don't like the the handle, how it's holding onto to the marker in one spot. The 5inch cowling isn't really doing it for me either. I'll stick with the MR1 for now.

oldnewb
05-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I totally love the look of this marker... the longer shroud gives it a sleeker look than the MR2, and a much MUCH more room for mounting sights, lights, etc. As mentioned before, the stock appears to be adjustable, and lower profile... allowing you to get your masked face behind the sights better.

The longer shroud gives you another place to hold the gun, just ahead of the "magazine". And I'm pretty sure the barrel isn't any shorter, it's just that it slots into the longer shroud. I guess we'll see when Kingman releases some press on the MR3.

The carrying handle does look a bit shakier / flexy because of the single contact point with the gun, however I do believe it's been done on a few real life firearms before. I intend of picking one up by the handle and giving the gun a good shake before purchasing just to see.

In any case, it'll be awhile before I can justify buying a totally brand new marker, seeing as I just bought my MR1. What I would love to see is Kingman offering the stock and handle as aftermarket parts for those MR1 and MR2 owners who might want them. Perhaps as mail order replacement parts at least? Pretty please???

In the end, I guess each person has their own personal taste in looks. I like the look of the MR3, but I can appreciate the fact that not everyone agrees with me.

Whatever the case, if anyone from Kingman is reading this right now, PLEASE offer the stock and grip / sight rail as separate parts that will be compatible with existing MR1s and MR2s. You'd be doing us loyal MR line owners a huge favour.

Mach1
05-30-2006, 06:14 AM
get rid of that dumb shroud.

It looks okay, but I like the look of my MR2 a lot more.

kies
05-30-2006, 08:15 AM
yea, handle looks like it would break at the shooting range! (frail..):)

Kingman-Rep
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
What I would love to see is Kingman offering the stock and handle as aftermarket parts for those MR1 and MR2 owners who might want them. Perhaps as mail order replacement parts at least? Pretty please???

Whatever the case, if anyone from Kingman is reading this right now, PLEASE offer the stock and grip / sight rail as separate parts that will be compatible with existing MR1s and MR2s. You'd be doing us loyal MR line owners a huge favour.

I'm glad you are the only one who like the look of the new gun.
We are actually working on a few things for the MR1. I think you would like what is coming for it.

pman15
05-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm glad you are the only one who like the look of the new gun.
We are actually working on a few things for the MR1. I think you would like what is coming for it.

well no offense but it is pretty ugly though,but i'm sure it probably has good perfromance

smakdacrak
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Thumbs down unfortunately.
I guarantee the MR3 going to flop.

TheLastBrunnenG
05-31-2006, 01:57 PM
The MR3 could still sell a few units, but not at the listed price. The Ion droppd to $200, so the Ion-based SP8 dropped to $300. The MR3 will be roughly equivalent to the SP8, but with fewer modes on the board, no T-Board or other expansion available to add modes or functionality to the board, and a stock high-pressure setup *. Meaning, to sell it'll have to outprice the SP8 by $10 or $20.

I have an MR1 and MR2 and other Spyders, and I have a ton of fun with all of them, so don't think I'm a Kingman-hater. Just noting the facts that the MR3 will have to deal with when it arrives.

* Assuming the MR3 keeps the current semi/3burst/auto modes when it adds the eyes. If the picture is right, there's no gauge, so a stock low pressure setup is unlikely.

kies
05-31-2006, 02:39 PM
I thin you guys should create something sweet like an m16 ( except dont use plastic handle like ben tippman, piece of dump) or like add on amazing ugrades to add to the mr1 an 2.

new_Faction64
05-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I thin you guys should create something sweet like an m16 ( except dont use plastic handle like ben tippman, piece of dump) or like add on amazing ugrades to add to the mr1 an 2.

Yeah we're dying for MR1 and MR2 upgrades! Man

newkid
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
it looks like a m16/Uzi/paintballgun.... kind of