PDA

View Full Version : ok,i have dicided,opinions?

pman15
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
yes i no i have been saying a lot that im getting this paintball gun or that one but this time i have come down to my finall 2 decisions,ok here they are:

1.Proto Matrix 05 for 450$, or

2.Smart Parts SFT Shocker Vision for 440$

i really need your guys opinions on wich one i should get,please state the gun u think is better and if u could explain why the gun is better.All help is appreciated!:)

DyNasty9
05-28-2006, 04:00 PM
are they both stock??

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:05 PM
yes,but for the shocker add a virtue:p

DyNasty9
05-28-2006, 04:07 PM
ok i say go for the shocker, i love mine. its easy to take apart and clean. and with that virture it will mow faces.

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Go with the Proto. Dye's Fuse bolt is far superior to SP's spool. SP's has less parts, but just isn't as efficient as the Fuse. Also, with slight modding the Fuse bolt can be made even better. Virtue isn't gonna make you shoot anyone in the face better. It's just gonna give you some extra options and unneccessary modes. If you play PSP or a PSP-type tourney series, then a board will be good. If you always play semi, a board is not necessary. The stock boards on Protos have the options you need. The Proto also looks better IMO. Trigger guard is bigger on the Proto, I hated the trigger guard on my Shocker. Shocker is "easier" to clean and lube, but seriously, 5 minutes more is not going to kill you. There's nothing difficult about cleaning and lubing any gun.

I've owned a Shocker before, and have lots of experience with Dye guns and PM5s.

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
ok i say go for the shocker, i love mine. its easy to take apart and clean. and with that virture it will mow faces.

yes,i just looked at the one site selling them and i think i fell in love with the blue and black color,lol!:D but i like what the shocker can do,and since i really can't afford those hpa tanks at the moment the shocker can run on c02woot woot!:D ,but i think i am gonna go with a shocker,thanks for the post dynasty9,and timmyshoota

Nader
05-28-2006, 04:23 PM
What year shocker?
If it's got the HE kit in it already, and the Virtue, then go for it!
Without the HE kit, ask for a little lower price.
Go for the shocker either way....hehe

EDIT: Don't run your shocker on Co2! Even if it's anti siphoned, the Co2 will wear out your internals very fast, and everything will freeze at high rates of fire.

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Nader]What year shocker?

um not sure but here it ishttp://www.gizmos-uk.com/Smart%20Parts%20SFT%20Shocker%20Vision.html{the blue and black one,not the dynasty one}

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:27 PM
What year shocker?

EDIT: Don't run your shocker on Co2! Even if it's anti siphoned, the Co2 will wear out your internals very fast, and everything will freeze at high rates of fire.

um not sure wich year but here it is http://www.gizmos-uk.com/Smart%20Parts%20SFT%20Shocker%20Vision.html

Nader
05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Didn't see it on that link....somewhere else on the site?

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:29 PM
now the link should work,just got messed up for a sec,if not here it is again http://www.gizmos-uk.com/Smart%20Parts%20SFT%20Shocker%20Vision.html

Nader
05-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Works now. BTW in case you didn't see, taht price is in London Pounds, so It'll be quite a bit more US Dollars than 440.

And don't believe them when they say you can use Co2 equally well with your shocker. You can't. (see my previous posts)

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont dont buy either gun if you only have CO2. Save up.

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Works now. BTW in case you didn't see, taht price is in London Pounds, so It'll be quite a bit more US Dollars than 440.

And don't believe them when they say you can use Co2 equally well with your shocker. You can't. (see my previous posts)

well do u no any sites that would sell them at least 500$ max or less?

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 04:48 PM
MAP Pricing for them is $599. Sites cannot advertise prices below that. PM Durrell and he can tell you his best price on them.

pman15
05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
MAP Pricing for them is $599. Sites cannot advertise prices below that. PM Durrell and he can tell you his best price on them.

kk i'll pm him right now

vikingshadow
05-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Yup ^^^...SP gets all bent out of shape when people advertise for less than the MAP...heard they completely shut a couple of businesses off because of it!

That blue and black looks familiar. Wonder where I've seen it before? Oh, wait! :cool:

DON'T USE CO2 WITH A SHOCKER OR A PM!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF MOSES HIMSELF COMES TO YOUR HOUSE WITH A SHOCKER IN ONE HAND AND A CO2 TANK IN THE OTHER!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE CO2 BOTTLE!!!!

Yes, you can use Co2 on a shocker so long as it's antisyphoned, some guy over at Shockerowners.com did it, but even if with A/S, you're taking a big chance. No need to even risk it...

As far as which one, that's purely an opinion decision. You really need to shoot both before you get them to decide.

pman15
05-28-2006, 05:02 PM
vikingshadow-ok i'll do that just have to go to my local store and see if they have any and let me test them both out

Chris Cole
05-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Vike has spoken, topic over. :D

pman15
05-28-2006, 06:41 PM
almost over:D ,one more question what is the difference between the shocker vision and the shocker non vision?,i saw the non vision here http://www.orderpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1320{and if i were to get this one could i put a virtue in it?

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
non vision has no eye. You can make it vision, but its easier to just buy a vision. You cannot just put a virtue board in a non-vision. And quit thinking about getting a board first. Get useful upgrades before you get something like a board. They are useless for 99% of paintball players and your money can be waaaay better spent. Its obvious you don't have a ton of money to throw away, so spend it wisely.

Here's your best option for getting a shocker in your price range. Goto PbN and look in the classifieds. You can find stock vision shockers going for well into you price range all day. You may even find them with some ups. With the money you can save you can get a HPA tank, and possibly a new hopper, since I dunno what you have right now.

Edit: I'm not trying to be a jerk, but when you have a budget you need to spend money wisely.

pman15
05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
yes i no,any paintball gun i get with a virtue that can be installed is my first upgrade,i'm just a virtue geek kinda,lol:p but just seeing the videos of superduper fast paintball guns take the shocker for instance with the virtue in it makes the gun so fast,and i would like my gun fast

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 07:05 PM
ITs the fingers, not the board. If the board makes your gun faster, then its cheating. In legal settings a stock board can shoot just as fast as any aftermarket. I had 2 timmys, one with a stock board and one with Virtue. I got the stock boarded one up to 19bps. The virtue one was no faster. Don't think that because you buy a board it makes your gun faster. The only case of that is a gun thats limited to a certain BPS with the stock board, like E-spyders.

pman15
05-28-2006, 07:10 PM
ok i got all the opinions and help i needed,thanx to dynasty9,nader,and espicially timmyshoota.i guess u can say"thread closed"

xtraking
05-28-2006, 07:51 PM
um shocker vision has vision... non vision doesnt have vision.

Dave

1. This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.