PDA

View Full Version : A question on immigration?

GarrettM
05-28-2006, 10:13 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060528/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_immigration_politics_1;_ylt=AnTN.f2zxVC0Gte kzmZvtC1Quk0A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCU l

So, according to this article the Mexican president actually wants immigration to the U.S. to be more easily accomplished?

I don't understand, why would the leader of a country want people to leave his country?

Could someone explain to me why this policy makes any sense?

Perhaps I misread the article...I don't have much of an understanding of the whole immigration issues.

Thx for the help

Garrett

druid
05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
less people for him to worry about.

durrell
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
With migrants sending home nearly $20 billion a year and reducing the pressure for job-creation in Mexico, it is likely that any president will go on pushing for Mexicans to work legally in the United States. But their tactics may differ.

timmyshoota
05-28-2006, 03:54 PM
D nailed it on the head. I know A LOT of filipinos who work here. They are 100% legal of course, but they send money from their paychecks back to their families in the Philipines. Those of you who have gone there probably know that things are insanely cheaper compared to here. My friend just got back from there after being there a week. He spent $20US on food while there. Most of us would be considered wealthy there. I'm sure Mexico is very similar.