PDA

View Full Version : Important!

kies
05-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, I was thinking of getting the mr1 to have along with my rodeo but before I buy it i wanted to know what the Anti Double Feed Ball Detents is?
thanx
kies->

Frat
05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
It is a little rubber finger that keeps more than one ball from trying to feed at the same time.

new_Faction64
05-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Frat is correct, I'm not sure if the Rodeo has it like my TL-R, but on other Spyder guns it may be a metal ball bearing, which does the exact same thing.

lilc
05-30-2006, 06:04 AM
...which does the exact same thing.
The exact same thing without ever wearing down or getting sheared off by the bolt. :(

new_Faction64
05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
The exact same thing without ever wearing down or getting sheared off by the bolt. :(

Actually, YES, but also there is a big advantage that I found from the rubber detent.

There is a space in the ACS bolt for the detent so as the bolt moves forward, the detent goes untouched. Whereas with the ball-bearing detent on my TL-R, it moves back into a recess as the bolt pushes past it.

What I'm saying is there is contact between the detent and bolt w/ the ball bearing on my TL-R, and no contact of the bolt and rubber detent on the MR2. I'm not entirely sure if this is better, but there is contact and perhaps wear being made on the bolt that's being hit by the ball-bearing detent.

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-31-2006, 05:55 AM
Actually, YES, but also there is a big advantage that I found from the rubber detent.

There is a space in the ACS bolt for the detent so as the bolt moves forward, the detent goes untouched. Whereas with the ball-bearing detent on my TL-R, it moves back into a recess as the bolt pushes past it.

What I'm saying is there is contact between the detent and bolt w/ the ball bearing on my TL-R, and no contact of the bolt and rubber detent on the MR2. I'm not entirely sure if this is better, but there is contact and perhaps wear being made on the bolt that's being hit by the ball-bearing detent.

So THAT's what that space is for on the bolt! I was very curious how important it was not to install the bolt upside-down.

vikingshadow
05-31-2006, 06:19 AM
I personally hate those little rubber things. They wear down, or get sheared in like no time at all, especially if you shoot a lot of paint. I was going through them every 5 days. When I bought my wifes Victor, it had that ball bearing which was TONS better. Believe it or not, there isn't any wear on the bolt from that ball.

IMO ball bearing (metal or delrin) is MUCH better than timmy style detents...Kila makes some magnetic ones that seem very promising. Wonder if they'll fit the MR series???

new_Faction64
05-31-2006, 11:23 AM
I personally hate those little rubber things. They wear down, or get sheared in like no time at all, especially if you shoot a lot of paint. I was going through them every 5 days. When I bought my wifes Victor, it had that ball bearing which was TONS better. Believe it or not, there isn't any wear on the bolt from that ball.

IMO ball bearing (metal or delrin) is MUCH better than timmy style detents...Kila makes some magnetic ones that seem very promising. Wonder if they'll fit the MR series???

Good points Viking, nearly forgot about the balls themselves, DOH! Hmm, now I'd also like to know if there is a way to get a different detent in there.

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Somewhere on the net there are instructions on making your own detente for the MR1 out of a piece of spring.

tater_salad
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
do u need them on there or does it just work better with the detent

new_Faction64
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Somewhere on the net there are instructions on making your own detente for the MR1 out of a piece of spring.

I remember seeing that too, dunno where.

kies
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Well I finally bought it on last thursday and used it in a vietnam tournament yesterday, totally worth it. best 140 bucks i've ever spent.
34 kills.:)
thanx guys

new_Faction64
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Well I finally bought it on last thursday and used it in a vietnam tournament yesterday, totally worth it. best 140 bucks i've ever spent.
34 kills.:)
thanx guys

Sorry to break it to ya man, but that marker can be found for $100 at many places on the net.

TenderVittles
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
He is from Canada(like me), so $140 isn't a bad price.

kies
06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Yea it's a good price plus I didnt want to wait a long time until it gets here in the mail when I could just go out and buy it soo.

tater_salad
06-15-2006, 05:28 PM
i bought mine for $102.95 from actionvillage counting $5 shipping

yamaha cow
06-15-2006, 06:04 PM
me too like 3 months ago

SpyderFan
06-16-2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, there is a site that gives you how to make a detent out a spring. i have had to use that before, lol. but all you have to is a take a click pen spring, cut 4 coils off of it, uncoil one of the coils, and put in the detent hole with the uncoiled coil holdin the balls in place. the rest of the coil should hold the detent in place

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4229/

QuiGonKen
06-18-2006, 11:45 PM
yeah, there is a site that gives you how to make a detent out a spring. i have had to use that before, lol. but all you have to is a take a click pen spring, cut 4 coils off of it, uncoil one of the coils, and put in the detent hole with the uncoiled coil holdin the balls in place. the rest of the coil should hold the detent in place

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4229/

has any one tried this? how well does it work?

SpyderFan
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
yeah, i've tried and it is what is in my MR1 right now. it works fine as long as you position the spring right. better than a rubber detent, it wont shear off nearly as fast. and the bolt has a space in it so that the detent doesnt even get moved.