PDA

View Full Version : Electra ACS or Pilot ACS?

SharpObjects
05-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Soon after upgrading my Compact Deluxe, I figure it will be time to move into the wonderful world of electronic markers. After looking through a great deal of electrics, I considered on the possiblity of the Ion. But after talking to a few other people who flamed me for even "considering" a Spyder over an Ion, I decided not to join that crowd. I've decided on getting either the Pilot ACS or Electra ACS. What I'm asking is...

1. Is the grip on the Electra a regulator or expansion chamber?
2. Is the grip on the Pilot a regulator or expansion chamber?
3. What motorized hopper would be the best? I'm looking at a Ricochet or a Odyssey Halo B, although I'm open to suggestions.
4. Is it absoulutly necessary to get some sort of new board or chip to reach at least 20 bps? Would the stock chip on both markers be able to reach this?
5. I'm more set towards the Electra ACS. I like the styling. Is it "better" for the money? I can get it for $180 online, and the Pilot for $105 give or take a few.

I already know I like the rocking trigger. I tried it out at the Kingman trailer at the Tampa NPPL, and I found to be comfortable.

Any information will help considerable. Opinions are very welcome, Ideas for up-grades are also welcome.

Almost forgot, in case there is any confusion, these are the '06 markers. :o

~SO

ooglieboogliebob
05-27-2006, 09:19 AM
1. Neither, it's a reg
2. It's a gasthru
3. Go for a cheaper eggy for around 30-40 used
4. Stock chip on electra goes 30bps semi ... although no one's ever gonna be able to walk up to that ... well on semi
5. Well it depends ... are you gonna upgrade ??

Well rockingtrigger isn't like from A LOT of people ... besides that .. sometime it isn't tournament legal .. depending on which field you go to ..

Well if you decide to go LP .. i'd say go for something cheap like the imagine ... that way you don't have that funky x-chamber and can just mod most of it yourself and get a reg .... then when you do have more money .. go for the fullest LP mod to highest performance ...

BTW check the paintball Bible (http://www.ottersccustoms.com) .. it'll do you a lot of help

breakxeggs
05-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm not providing any info here but I eradicated a Spyder Pilot ACS yesterday. blew the kid right out of the water...

Hob Hayward
05-27-2006, 12:06 PM
They probably perform about the same, other than the frame, in fact they were identical, until now, with eyes on the Electra ACS, I'd suggest that over the pilot, less wories about chopping, in fact with eyes and the acs, and an egg, you'd never chop, or shouldn't at any rate...

SharpObjects
05-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all your help. I've been looking at the Electra with eye, but I figure for now, I'd be better off with the regular Electra ACS. At least until I can see what the price is on it, and the fact that it isnt avalable anywhere online yet. ooglieboogliebob, the regular Electra ACS does have a regulator?

As for low pressure, even after reading otter's site (great site by the way), I think I'll keep it mostly stock. I'm not very good with tools, and my wallet isn't very fat. I think the only the upgrades will be to get a compressed air tank, and a regulator. Most likely the Bob Long Torpedo, since I can use CO2 when needed. A used eggy? If I can find one, it will be a done deal.

I'll mostly be doing amateur and local tourney's, if any. If the trigger Isn't tourney legal, I got a friend who has an extra marker he could let me use, but I really would like my own electronic marker.

ooglieboogliebob
05-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Here's the thing ... if you don't plan on going LP your really not gonna need a reg other than the stock reg on the electra ...

Just get the spring kit for more finer tuning

SharpObjects
05-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Really? Awsome, and again thanks. I know it must be getting old with all the questions, but I keep seeing on websites that the stock Electra comes with a gas-thru grip. Which is it?

ooglieboogliebob
05-27-2006, 06:00 PM
my bad ... it's gas thru chamber with fore grip ...

SharpObjects
05-27-2006, 06:35 PM
As long as I don't need a regulator to run compressed air. I might get the Torpedo anyways, after a while.

So...
2005 Spyder Electra (I thought it was '06, nvm)
Eggy II hopper
BL Torpedo regulator (maybe)
...and as for compressed air, I'm looking at the Bulldog 68/4500 tank, or the Pure Energy 68/4500 tank from Orderpaintball.com.

That sounds about right. I've heard good about the stock barrel, so I might not bother upgrading it.

mv540
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, about the choices you want (the guns) I gat some comments...

In my team i gat fellas that have angels, ions electras and pilots.

Ion: very good gun. Its Lp and veeeerrrryyyy good accuracy

Electra: a very faaassst gun! a lil crapy accuarcy, but not that bad...maybe gettin into lp will rip.

Pilot: the same as the electra but slower (20 bps)

So if i gat those choices maybe the electra and gettin it into lp, or the ion and get the virtueoard.
But if you can get your electra into Lp i say go a 100% gettin it

Oh well, thats just my opinion, try the 3 (I can see that you already do that) and buy the best that you like.:)

Percast will Rise bro!

SharpObjects
05-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks for your opinion. I'm still considering Lp. if I do a Lp setup on the Electra, it won't be for a while. What would be the best psi to run it at on a Lp setup for the Electra?

mv540
05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
ohh!! i forgot!! get the jj ceramic barrel...is cheap and increases the accuracy:)

Hob Hayward
05-28-2006, 03:08 AM
Well, optimal operating pressure will vary with what parts you use, spring combos etc. There really isn't one good value that works for everyone.

electraballr
06-03-2006, 07:10 AM
the eleectra is very different. believe it or not but it has less kick and fotigue. also its quietor, and has a slightly different bore match in the acs's

electraballr
06-03-2006, 07:11 AM
sry and the lowest psi possable is 135. iv experienced myself...

Hob Hayward
06-03-2006, 07:23 AM
The lowest re-cocking pressure is 135 on a stock electra?

electraballr
07-15-2006, 12:22 PM
only if you get aka tornado valve, lightning bolt, and a reg, and a new spring kit. and thats not even a lot of stuff.