PDA

View Full Version : spring kits help !

happycamper
05-26-2006, 08:18 PM
just picked up a 32 degree kit for my spyder, and yes i know where they go
but can some one tell me y i would use different springs IE black, silver, gold,
i do no they r different tensions but how and y would this help and what recommendations do you guys suggest thanks alot:confused:

Frat
05-26-2006, 09:00 PM
The different spring tensions let you tweak the gun. An example would be on a cold you would want to use the heavier spring to get the velocity up and vice versa on a really hot day you might want to use the black spring. The striker springs let you control how hard the striker hits the valve. The valve springs let you control how long the valve is open and how much gas is let through.

happycamper
05-26-2006, 10:33 PM
what is the benefit of the valve staying open longer or shorter period of time? do any of these spring affect re cocking at all? sry for sounding like a noob but i have never had to change springs before

Slammed0
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Ya I just ordered the same kit and I haven't got it yet. Probably sometime in the beginning of next week. So I haven't got to play with the combinations yet eithier.

druid
05-27-2006, 05:31 PM
what is the benefit of the valve staying open longer or shorter period of time? do any of these spring affect re cocking at all? sry for sounding like a noob but i have never had to change springs before

valve open longer=more air to the bolt so you can lower operating pressure (with an inline reg)
valve open shorter=extreme measure to reduce psi/fps in an un-regulated gas flow

happycamper
05-28-2006, 09:38 AM
thanks guys for all your help

tido_29
05-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I got that kit about 2 days ago.. 12 bucks. Don't know if that was a good price or not.

Used the gold one (hot day) and had to put the medium. It keept shooting over 300+

HILLJACK
05-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Is there a spring kit for the MR2? or has anyone used one? Thanks

happycamper
05-30-2006, 10:42 PM
i believe all spyders use the same spring kit. i think, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but i have a mr1 and the springs look the same on the striker, but a little different on the valve, it is shorter. i probably just made this more confusing then it is, sry hopefully one of guys that have been around here longer will have a better answer