PDA

View Full Version : Battery: Possible to Overcharge?

new_Faction64
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to know if it's possible to overcharge the battery, like keep it in too long after it is fully charged, and damage the life of the battery.

BTW is there any real way to tell if it's fully charged other than timing it from being fully discharged? I would have expected some sort of LED charge alert system, but nothing even tells me if it's charged fully or not, kinda lousy :(

Hossy
05-26-2006, 07:07 PM
yes it is possible to overcharge a battery, and all that will do is ruin the life of the battery

there really isnt a thing that tells u when its done, but i just leave mine in overnight and depending on the day, its usually ready to go

depending on the day as in how long i sleep in...like on a saturday

new_Faction64
05-26-2006, 07:15 PM
yes it is possible to overcharge a battery, and all that will do is ruin the life of the battery

there really isnt a thing that tells u when its done, but i just leave mine in overnight and depending on the day, its usually ready to go

depending on the day as in how long i sleep in...like on a saturday

cool thanks, I guess I'll be fully discharging the darn thing, because there's not much else of an alternative to figuring out what kinda charge it has, that's REALLY a shame because it's the kind you can charge anytime, and don't NEED to fully discharge, but I guess I'm stuck.

This to me if the first bigish problem w/ the MR2, :(

breakxeggs
05-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Well since we usualy play after 12 I plug my gun in when I wake up and charge it untill about an hour before we play. I've only charged this thing once though and its held its charge for 3 weeks so far. As for testing the battery, lick it.

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Well since we usualy play after 12 I plug my gun in when I wake up and charge it untill about an hour before we play. I've only charged this thing once though and its held its charge for 3 weeks so far. As for testing the battery, lick it.

Haha, the good old "lick the battery," method. I havn't worn mine down yet and I charge it before each weekend I intend to play. I'm thinking that it should last a long time regardless, and that said, the frequency that you may have to buy a new battery shouldn't be a financial burden to anyone. I do agree that some kind of LED indicator would have been a nice touch though. Even more so, it would be nice if it just charged till it was full and stopped there, like some cordless drill batteries.

D3ADEYES
06-03-2006, 06:02 AM
get an amp meter you can get a cheap 1 for about $10