PDA

View Full Version : Another Fenix Problem, its not shooting

Wingnut
05-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Ok I'll set up my Fenix with a full tank of C02 20 oz tank (cant afford a nitro tank yet). But anyway ill start firing practicing aiming, then ill start going fast shooting a good 13-15 BPS. But then ill press the trigger but nothing shoots, nothing happens. I hear the same noise i hear when i press the trigger without a c02 tank, that clicky noise. But nothing shoots, so ill leave the gun alone for about an hour, take it back out and it starts shooting fine again, then the same thing happens. I've disassembled reassembled, lubed things, changed some O-Rings. used different Co2 tanks, even adjusted the regulator. Now I am not however useing the Java battery that the gun came with, I dont see how that could be a problem but just giving out some more information. I've also been wondering if Liquid C02 could cause this problem? ive never seen this type of thing happen so plz any information you can offer is greatly appreciated. thanks

Nintendo
05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
it probley the co2 freezing the gun if you dont have at nitro tank try using a remote for now but you should get one for it

Live2Play
05-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I really dont think its the co2 tank causing this problem. When I first started, I would shoot fast and the gun would get ice cold, even to the point of frost forming on the outside of the gun, but it didn't keep it from shooting. Also, you shouldn't need to wait an hour either for the tank to warm up a little either. It sounds like its more of an internal problem with the gun. Have you lubed the reg? Stupid question, the gun did recock properly before it stopped shooting, right?

Hob Hayward
05-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds to me like a weak battery, try getting a java charging it for the full 14 hours and then testing it. It can just click and not release, I've seen that, if the battery is too weak.

Ans wit hsome boards a regualr 9v won't work at all, while my imagine runs fine on a standard 9v, my friends pilot won't work on a brand new 9v, only 9.6...

Wingnut
05-28-2006, 06:31 PM
ive changed batteries numerous times. I heard it could be a timing problem on my gun. Like how autocockers lock up when you shoot to fast on them. So im not sure if thats a huge problem or not.

Live2Play
05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
It wouldn't be a timing problem since you dont time spyders, like you do autocockers. What I would do, is tear the entire gun apart, make sure everything is in the proper spot, clean everything, lube it all back up. Checking for bad orings everywhere. I know you said you already did this but maybe there was something you missed. Also, check the sear on the trigger frame. I dont know why, but maybe it didnt get tripped like it should've. Check that none of the wires are loose in the trigger frame and that your reg is set properly. If you've tried multiple batteries, INCLUDING a Java 9.6 battery that was fully charged, then it might be safe to rule that out.

vwjimmy
05-28-2006, 06:57 PM
numerous 9.6 batteries? it will not take many shots to deplete a 9v with your trigger frame...if it is a CAMD II the battery light is probably on as soon as you turn it on with even a brand new 9 volt in it....
might be the capisitor on the board too....is it bulging or leaking?

ssmitty85
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Same thing happens to me. 2 time i used it. so i took to a shop. battery was fine said it might be board,capasitor. got a t-board still does it. The selenoid isnt tripping the sear on the first click. like its not getting enough power after you have been shootin a while..i did the coin behind the noid that helps a bit. but not entirely. and i shouldnt have to do that stuff. ya know. so maybe its a problem with the noid itself.??
edit: I am using compressed air also.