PDA

View Full Version : velocity

spokalopakas
05-26-2006, 11:28 AM
hey.... i was wondering which way to turn the velocity adjuster to make it higher/lower.... is more gas used when the velocity is higher.... and whats the max fps on the mr2?

new_Faction64
05-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I can't answer the rest, but YES more gas is used when the velocity is higher.

Hossy
05-26-2006, 02:12 PM
ummm if u have a spyder and u use that knob in the back, i think u turn it right and the velocity goes up, and it does use more gas

Eric182
05-26-2006, 10:20 PM
uh yeah, the screw on the back right benieth the stock, clockwise increases velocity, anti-clockwise decreases. my screw is set in abbbouuutt...5 millimeters in past the little shroud thing to get 300 fps...or a little less that a quarter inch for you americans

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, it's clockwise to increase velocity and counter-clockwise to decrease velocity. Or, if you prefer, tighten it for higher velocity and loosen it for lower velocity.

My stock spring shot too high when I got it and it was adjusted all the way down. I tightened it as much as I could while it would also remain cocked, left it cocked for a week between weekend sessions and now it's pretty well broken in. It shot at 307 fresh out of the box with the adjusting screw all the way back.

I also added a remote with a slide check to my system wich improved the consitency of my "shot for shot" velocity, but I think it blows a bit more air due to the added fittings and increased air travel. All in all, I like it though, given that the stock spring is so tight. Maybe I should get a spring kit....with the remote though, I have the adjuster about 1/4 inch in and it shoots a consistant 265-270.