View Full Version : Going from CO2 - HP

05-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Sup all, I just got my Pilot ACS' a few weeks ago, played a few times and loved my marker. i was wondering what i need to do to make it use HP instead of Co2, do i need to buy a regulator or any other new parts(new tank of course). any recomendations too? help would be much appretiated. Just baught a 32* terminator barrel and halo hopper, testing them out next weekend.

05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Nope, you don't need to do anything. Just buy a HPA tank with a High output pressure, which will be about 800-850 psi. It will come with a regulator on it. Buy it, fill it, play it.

The hardest part is buying it. :lol: They aren't cheap!

05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
cruise the pbnation(hurts me to say that) sales forums, you should be able to find a good deal on a used tank that's in hydro.

05-26-2006, 02:26 AM
You might find your marker shooting somewhat more accurately from shot to shot since hpa has a more stable operating platform for your gun, with less fluctuations in pressure.

05-26-2006, 08:51 AM
thanks for the input guys, i've been reading alot of posts and nothing but helpfull people around here, it's nice to see! lol

05-26-2006, 09:36 AM
ya...this is not Nation...but it's really encouraged that you search a subject before posting a question...lol...

05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
you will be glad ur going to HPA

if u want a cheaper way to get hp, go online to Firstcall paintball, and they have 2 PMI ones

ones a 72/3000, very heavy, but holds more shots then below
ones a 45/3000 (i think) lighter, but holds less than the 72/3k

05-26-2006, 03:28 PM
if you have the money, i would highly suggest going with a fiber-wrapped tank. They are lighter but you do need to buy a tank cover for it and be careful with it. If you do go HPA, first consider where you play. Do they fill to 4500 or just 3000? Also, do they charge by the fill, by every 1000 psi, all day air pass, or whatever the other circumstances are? How heavy/big of a tank are you willing to carry? And what is your playing style, do you play mostly speedball or woodsball, shoot a lot or a little? All of it influences the size/psi of the tank you get. If you do shoot alot and don't mind carrying a bigger tank, actionvillage.com has a 92/4500 crossfire (a nice, quick recharge tank) for 153. But like i said, it's all preference. I personally got my 68/4500 used and payed 130 (kinda makes me wish i'd held out until now) and i like it alot. It holds enough air for me to play 3-4 games between fillups. Just make sure any tank you get is a high pressure output and not a low pressure output. Let us know more about how you play and we can steer you towards the right tank for you :D.

05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
well i play woodsball and i don't have to pay for refills on HP or Co2, it's pretty nice of them don't ya think lol and i'm upfront always, i can't stand sitting back and slinging paint across the field hopin a ball breaks on somebody. my friend has that 68/4500 tank, so i know they fill up to that. he says it's pretty nice, he just doesn't have a spyder so we didn't know what i needed to do to get HP, didn't think i had to do anything just hook it up, but never wrong to ask. and i did seach! lol didn't come across of alot of explinations on anything really. but thanks alot for the input

05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
ok, since you don't have to pay per fill, i'd say a 68/4500 would be a good choice unless you really need a smaller tank, then a 45/4500 would be fine. Either of those two would be good choices. Just make sure to get a tank cover, some sort of fill nipple cover (a cheap one usually comes with them), and a thread protector if you want. Anything else is up to you.