PDA

View Full Version : Oil on the ACS

Raygun
05-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Ahy guys!! Whats the problem with oil on the ACS bolt?? AFter the last time i played i cleaned and lubed my ACS bolt. What is the problem with that??:confused: THX

emf7301
05-25-2006, 07:17 PM
apparently, the delrin on the acs bolt may swell when exposed to oil causing the bolt to become to big to freely move in the chamber. Plus it's not really needed on the delrin acs bolt because it's supposed to be self-lubricating also.

Raygun
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
okok, what exactly is derlin?? Cuae mine is a sort of metalic, is that what derlin is, of is it more like a plastic??

druid
05-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Ahy guys!! Whats the problem with oil on the ACS bolt?? AFter the last time i played i cleaned and lubed my ACS bolt. What is the problem with that??:confused: THX

no ambiguity here :eyeroll: what are you trying to say???

since it's metallic.....it's aluminum and you should oil the o-rings if it has them.

Slammed0
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I would just not oil it. Better safe than sorry. :shrug:

Raygun
05-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok, im trying to say!! What is the problem if you put oil on the ACS bolt!! And what exactly is delin material made of???

happycamper
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
only thing Ive heard about oil on the acs bolt is that it swells, witch mite make it get stuck and as far of what its made of i have no idea (problem expensive plastic

emf7301
05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
ok, is your bolt a metal one, or is it white and feels like plastic?

bungeye
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
ok if its a shiny silver metellic hard bolt its alluminium. oil the 2 o-rings that SHOULD be on it.

If its DELRIN (not derlin) it is white, a semi hard plastic (called DELRIN), these have no o-rings and does not need oil.

druid
05-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Ok, im trying to say!! What is the problem if you put oil on the ACS bolt!! And what exactly is delin material made of???

Mkay!!

Delrin is a type of self-lubricating plastic. It will not typicly have Orings on it. Oil can make the plastic swell and so can high heat and humidity. They can be in more colors than just white, as they can be dyed in the formulation process. Kingman delrin bolts are typically white...like their ACS bolt.

An aluminum bolt will be silver in color if it's 'raw' or annodized a flashier color...red, blue...whatever. These will typically have O-rings on them and these O-rings MUST be oiled.

A delrin bolt with O-rings is a bit of a problem...the Orings have to be oiled but it can swell the delrin in the process.

Yours is aluminum...oil the Orings and have a nice day.

Raygun
05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Sweet guys!! THX!