PDA

View Full Version : I have some n00b-tastic questions regarding HPA!

badoingle
05-25-2006, 03:01 PM
1.) Is HPA compressed air?
2.) In switching to HPA, would one need anything special?
3.) Can you fill yourself with air compressor? (if it is compressed air)

Thanks,
Badoingle

Hossy
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
1) HPA= High Pressure Air, which is compressed air
2) depends on ur gun, but if its a spyder, probably not, if u go to www.spyder.tv and then find ur gun, it will say there under description
3)i dont know, i think technically you can, but it wouldnt be enough pressure so i wouldnt do it, and i think u need a special adapter to do it too

vikingshadow
05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
1.) Is HPA compressed air?
2.) In switching to HPA, would one need anything special?
3.) Can you fill yourself with air compressor? (if it is compressed air)

Thanks,
Badoingle

1. Yes - also people use Nitrogen, which is an element in the air you breathe.

2. No, absolutely nothing except an HPA tank. You might consider an on/off asa though, even if it's just Co2. Makes life easier!

3. If you have the money to have an air compressor that'll fill an HPA tank, I wanna be your friend. Seriously, the standard, run of the mill air compressor people have in their garage isn't enough.

However, an option to buying a 6000.00 air compressor, you can get a nitrogen bottle from a gas type company (airgas type that is, not gasoline!) I've done it for a couple years now. You just have to rent the bottle, have someone fill it and have a filling station.

druid
05-25-2006, 04:30 PM
look in "air accessories" for a thread I started about the compressor you need to fill HPA

(the one you get for your dad's car tire or painting business won't cut it)

kies
05-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Switch to hpa because is much more efficient and saffer then co2 because co2 acts different when its cold compared to higher or lower temperature change like if it gets hot , it can twist the ball and leak air or chop it .
The hpa tank costs 3 times more but it can change the way you play at the field.